Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

post itt when you pretend you're doing work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Telling the bossman i'm catting the proc when i'm actually just watching babylon 5 on my other monitor.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Currently analyzing several stories and breaking down the work by being at the store shopping for a sweatshirt.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Gentle Autist posted:

when i was a kid my dad used to go on and on about retiring early and having no mortgage and blah blah. i used to think ‘stfu idiot of course people need to work’

now i am 40 with 25-30 loving years of working ahead of me and it loving sucks. i get you now dad

work is poop

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Checked out a bunch of files so people think i'm actually modifying them. I am actually just watching movies. :laugh:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PokeJoe posted:

Christ I hate PI planning

Ours used to be 2 days, and immediately our plan would get hosed up because someone forgot to tell us we had more work to do.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hello

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i am pretending to work on assembling some ikea furniture today

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

qirex posted:

there was a challenge on the amazing race where the teams had to assemble an ikea desk and it absolutely broke a few of them

My cats both decided to jump on it while I was building it and it did that cartoonish thing where is completely falls apart.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Private Speech posted:

I built an ikea desk 2 weeks ago, it was the alex drawers + worktop combo that's really popular these days

I don't think a cat could break that, it's fairly sturdy

fe: this sort of thing:

nice gaming desktop

rear end in a top hat

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

That looks a lot neater than my desk. I bought a USB hub a while back so now all the cables are hidden behind the table and not scattered all over my desk.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

this lady helped

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

qsvui posted:

i have that exact same toolset

It's a good toolset.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

posting

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

take me out to the ball game

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I am currently "installing" a vm. Think it will take all day.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Going to be building some code all day. 👍

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Exploring the world of bidets today instead of doing work.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Corla Plankun posted:

i honestly have no idea but that sounds right

we have a hiring freeze and a real bad engineering team so if this is some kind of thunderdome to do layoffs i guess it is reasonable

ironically both of my reports turned in their notice already because it sucks here, so i dont even have any dogs in this hunt

would be pretty choice if i got laid off but i'm also down to keep Alexander G Belling it moonshine style

Getting laid off and getting that severance pay is the way to go. Haven't you been job hunting? How has that been going?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i dont really do anything all day but i dont want to post here for fear of letting you all know that i dont do anything all day

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

all day meetings today

will be playing triangle strategy instead :)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

all day meetings week ftw

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

new year, same old me😎

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

post hole digger posted:

1 hour zoom meeting with my camera off where i dont say a single word = earned 3 hours of posting and staring out the window

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

will be downloading a VM all day today 👍

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

*looking at the gorons in the death mountain mines*

"working hard or hardly working am i right?"