Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

That's some Gary Busey level poo poo

Who gives a poo poo he's out big wholesome boy who hits massive dingers he can have Lou Gossett Jr teeth from Enemy Mine for all I fuckin care BARVES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I cannot believe how long I have waited to see this holy loving poo poo

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

HES OLD SCHOOL. HE DOESNT DO ANAAAAAL. HE LOVES HORSES....AND AMERICA TOOOOOO

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Have you all considered, BARVES?

rjmccall posted:

Shout out to the drunk dude I watched two innings of this game with at the bar and his utter hatred of Chipper Jones, the legendary ace pitcher of the Atlanta Braves

I have so many questions.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Crazy Ted posted:

This but it happened to tiny me in southeastern Minnesota.

For a time I was more familiar with Dominique Wilkins, the Braves, the Cubs, and Andre Dawson than I was with any Minnesota sports team or individual figure because of their availability on local TV.

TBS + daytime WGN was really a dominant media force in the 90s.

I grew up watching Mark Grace slap choppers up the middle, and then turned to TBS to watch Belliard hit diving liners in the hole at night.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

R.D. Mangles posted:

good thing the cubs are now on a weird paywall channel that nobody gets

Modern media makes no sense. I'd bet 85% of Cub fanhood was cultivated in those daytime after school games from like 88 to 2000.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ardemia posted:

I haven't posted in this thread yet but

I started watching baseball again on my own during the pandemic, watched it all the time as a kid. My grandpa was a life long Braves fan so I was too pretty much, we watched the last series they won together, even when he was in the care home towards the end we would keep up with it and watch games together on TV. In his more lucid moments, which came much easier when we were watching or talking about baseball, he would mention how he doubted he'd see them in the World Series again but he bet that I would.

He died of Covid November 2nd 2020. A year later exactly sure enough I got to see it.

Good memories spending time with your Grandpa. Thanks for sharing. :respek:

My dad didn't get to watch the game tonight but I recorded the last out and sent it to him. We talked about our times watching the Braves in the early 90s and how he never thought they'd be good in his lifetime (he grew up a Braves fan after the moved to Atlanta in the 66). We didn't have much money when I was growing up and really only ever experienced baseball through local minor league teams. We got to see Chipper and Javy coming up through Greenville when we would hit up the road series against the Jacksonville Suns in the early 90s. I've taken him to a few games since I've grown up and we've both had the flexibility and money to make it happen. Some of the best memories of my life. I hope to take him to a game next year with his granddaughter if covid cooperates.

That's the kind of poo poo that matters.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The Big Jesus posted:

I still can't believe it. Max with the insane game after his ankle got crushed. The offrnse with all that. Matzek holding down.

I refused optimism after Soler yoked that ball out, considering the result after the Duvall GS--but man it really did feel like a death kneel for Houston. Like a dam breaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

I was hoping they would at least not get shut out but alas

They scored 4 total runs in their 4 losses, oof. The game completely changed after Fried got stepped on. He immediately painted the black with two fastballs then buried a sick breaking pitch in at the ankles and I was like.... poo poo, that's how this game is gonna go

Yeah he was locked in. Soler was MVP but Fried finally putting the pieces together really won us the series. The last two outings for him were....awful? Awful.