Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Gonna make a bold prediction and say that this is gonna be Netflix's sci-fi Witcher: a show that everyone pre-emptively hated that turns out to be actually Pretty Good because it knew exactly what it wanted to be and how to be it and stuck the landing in that zone perfectly and everyone just memory holes all the poo poo they spent like a year and half talking about it like they did The Witcher.

We'll see (you out there, space cowboy).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The United States posted:

Spike being 27 always struck me as an anime age and John Cho doesn't look anywhere near his actual age, however I can't help but see him as old regardless because he played a father with a college-age daughter in Searching a few years ago (which is great)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ro9ebQxEOY

Which is weird, because I have him stuck in my brain as young Sulu from Star Trek, which, to be fair, is now 12 years out from his debut in the role, so it's instead weird to me that people think John Cho is somehow old.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

Bunch of other random Twitter entertainment people I've never heard of are giving it rave reviews. First good live action anime adaptation and such. :shrug: It's out in a week, we'll all get to see then.

A lot of what I've seen of the reaction so far has been "I mean, I liked it... but it wasn't perfect... so I guess I didn't like it :geno:" Which is weird as gently caress, but that's Entertainment Twitter for you.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

It's a meme :ssh:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

No, cause it's a Netflix show so the people who don't like it won't keep coming back week after week to complain about the same stuff over and over.

Where can I find your level of faith in the userbase of this site (and the internet in general)?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

tokin opposition posted:

enjoy your nutbags, swine

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

the people who don't like it won't keep coming back week after week to complain about the same stuff over and over.

*Pulls out stopwatch* Aaaaaaand... Go!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mumbly posted:

No real opinion on the show, but I wish I was young enough to get angry at people liking a flawed-to-bad adaptation of a cartoon and make low-effort 4chan shitposts insulting their intelligence. I wish I thought that would make me look cool and well-adjusted.

Hey how, there’s people in their 50s now who make a living doing exactly that. Age is just a number.

As for the show, haven’t seen it yet but might watch a couple episodes tonight and see what I think of it. Watching the thread see saw between “I liked it.” and “It set my dog on fire somehow. It also makes my pee burn now.” is loving hilarious though, and probably might be funnier than actually watching the show. I dunno.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

EDIT: People are really obsessed with owning the nerds on here, and it would much simpler just not to be contrarian/ the "owning the libs" shtick but about terrible Netflix shows.

Counter point: Nerds suck. gently caress nerds. Chaos dunk on them non stop through whatever means you have available, including subjectively bad Netflix shows.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Flying Zamboni posted:

Forcing yourself to like something for the purpose of spiting imagined enemies seems miserable.

Why get worked up about it and make up reasons to get upset at people for not liking it when you haven't even watched it?

Like I said, I have not seen it yet so I’m gonna assume when I do watch it my reaction will run the gamut from either “Eh, this was pretty fun, I like it.” to “Eh, this kinda sucked. It’s not for me. lol @ everyone who got pissing mad about it tho.”

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

Lol drat, nerds sure get real angry about things. I binged through the show and though it was pretty neat. Would have liked to see how they did a second season.

Yeah, I'm legit worried about Masters of the Universe: Relevation getting a second season now because lovely nerds somehow got even more pissed off about that than they did Cowboy Bebop, and unlike this show, Revelation was actually good :ohdear:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Red posted:

Netflix has been canceling everything for the last year or 2

RIP GLOW

Yeah, Netflix swings more axes than Lizzy Borden, and for incredibly arbitrary reasons at times. Basically only Stranger Things and The Witcher are safe from their bloodlust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

the nerds were right

Had to happen eventually, I guess. :rolleyes:

This is gonna be another high water mark for The Shittiest Nerds You Know, like how they won't stop talking about Ghostbusters 2016 or the Han Solo movie. Most normal people are gonna move on and be like "Oh, that Cowboy show? Yeah it sucked and I didn't watch it. Wait, why are you still yelling about it? It's 2026."

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Dec 10, 2021