Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
PUNK VS FISH 3 1.81%
SHIDA VS DEEB 88 53.01%
MOX VS 10 1 0.60%
SAMMY VS EGO 4 2.41%
DARK ORDER VS SUPER ELITE 70 42.17%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/SilverNumber1/status/1453547173895983107?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Hey.

That was a great episode!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1453545687690485769?s=20

Wardlow's back after that skateboard with tacks shot

Wait a second... the blood's supposed to be INSIDE his body! :gonk:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

What a great show, can’t vote on the app but Deeb/Shida was def motn.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/1453550540835758084

colt is going to lost fingat

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

njsykora posted:

Mox is pissed off that he's being made to wrestle and is killing everyone they put in front of him so he can go home as soon as possible. This is incredibly cool and makes Mox look like a badass because squash matches, especially when they're absolute one-sided murders are incredibly cool.

Yeah the fact he was tapping his wrist, indicating he doesn't have the time to deal with this poo poo really sold his story.

I wanted a bit of a showcase for 10 but I don't hate the choice; he's a dude we like and RTTT has put a face to the dude and him getting creamed makes us a little more antagonistic towards Mox and a little more excited to see 10 succeed.

All they have to do is pay that off in some way.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I really hope the first Adam Cole AEW figure has a chaser variant that has both the gear and package naming him BUDGE. It has to happen.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Hangman page in the stay-puft costume just getting madder and madder until he couldn’t take it anymore

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I kinda wish they'd drawn out Shida's search for 50 a little bit more with a coupe more failures until she whips herself back into shape and had made a first to 50 ppv match with her and Nyla, but the match tonight was fantastic and I'm not complaining about that one bit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also it really seems like they are far, far, far done with beating the poo poo out of each other, and thank God for that because holy gently caress they have amazing in-ring chemistry.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

mooseinfants posted:

I kinda wish they'd drawn out Shida's search for 50 a little bit more with a coupe more failures until she whips herself back into shape and had made a first to 50 ppv match with her and Nyla, but the match tonight was fantastic and I'm not complaining about that one bit.

After the loss to Deeb, there's no way you can give Shida her 50th on anything other than beating Deeb. First to 50 would've been great if they'd wanted to do it, but once they decided to do the Deeb match, it had to go like this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1453538982185340929

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Hope that OC doing his usual laid back shtick is gonna make Mox so mad he makes a mistake and OC gets the win.

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

all your prayers must seem as nothing

I loving love AEW, Shida vs Deeb was incredible, Mox squashing 10 was unbelievable, best Cody promo of all time, PAC SAT DOWN, and goddamn perfect main event

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

RandolphCarter posted:

Hope that OC doing his usual laid back shtick is gonna make Mox so mad he makes a mistake and OC gets the win.

Mox is going to murder OC to cement his heel turn

there will be no angels here for laughs

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

Ah yes the Toru Yano effect

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
aew rules rear end

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

RandolphCarter posted:

He absolutely needs to contact the trickster god of Japan for some tips

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

After the loss to Deeb, there's no way you can give Shida her 50th on anything other than beating Deeb. First to 50 would've been great if they'd wanted to do it, but once they decided to do the Deeb match, it had to go like this.

I think they could have made it work if they wanted Deeb to win, then Shida to attack Deeb in the next match, but I like this way because it means Nyla gets revenge on Shida for beating her for the belt, Shida is the never give up fighter who went against the Beast with a bad wheel and Deeb is a limb breaker who ended Shida's run even if she lost the match.

Put Shida/Deeb on the PPV (ideally) or the Buy In (likely)? That's a chance to make a new fan cause there's story, spectacle and character.

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008

96 BELOW THE WAVE posted:

I loving love AEW, Shida vs Deeb was incredible, Mox squashing 10 was unbelievable, best Cody promo of all time, PAC SAT DOWN, and goddamn perfect main event

I mean, there it is.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
someone said cole moved omega out of the way for the smooch, i missed it, did that happen ?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

What stip do you do for Shida/Deeb? Ironwoman? Last Woman Standing?

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

all your prayers must seem as nothing

Pylons posted:

gal v gal in a WHAT A GAL match

e: which is to say just have them loving elbow each other in the face forever, it works

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pylons posted:

Submission match so Shida has odds to overcome

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
beef jerky match with jerky ropes and canvas

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Lid posted:

Mox is going to murder OC to cement his heel turn

there will be no angels here for laughs

Most likely, but a man can dream.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It rules that Bryan Danielson is trying to bring out the worst in Eddie Kingston and he's going to end up facing the worst of Jon Moxley if he survives.

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
Right now you just let it smoulder. But down the line Shida/Deeb three strikes ala Swole/Diamante is my fervent hope.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Dango Bango posted:

Submission match so Shida has odds to overcome

Lights. Out.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Jackie D posted:

Lights. Out.

Deeb won't play that way. She's here to be the best technical wrestler not some garbage spot monkey. Submission match.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

rewriting the show while it's on the air.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I love that Page unmasked behind Matt, who was always the biggest dick to him when they were in The Elite together.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

karmicknight posted:

They had Donald Trump in the building so they could recreate the On Our Own music video but Bobby Brown held them up for money at the last second so they called up Mikey to do his thing.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

karmicknight posted:

they are madmen if they booked/rebooked that main event at 5pm

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

RandolphCarter posted:

Mox hurt OC's friend Yuta, he's committed the greatest sin anyone can commit in the presence of Orange Cassidy short of insulting The Fast And The Furious movie franchise. He's not going to be facing laid back OC.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Mox is going to throw a tantrum while waiting on OC to slowly walk into the ring.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/youngbucks/status/1453560274854858753

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Some drat fine wrestling tonight yall

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006

graph posted:

someone said cole moved omega out of the way for the smooch, i missed it, did that happen ?

Yes. Kenny was set up in the cole spot and Adam pointed him towards the do corner as to protect against run-ins and then took his rightful place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

Another great wrestling television programme.