Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Shockeh posted:

Are either of you Vin Deagle or Baseball, cos if you're not, you're not requesting to be in the Clan.

I am Baseball :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Vin Deagle is a pro username

Mummy Napkin
Mar 18, 2018
big ups to smokey mcpot with the goon tag on blops

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I'm taking it this is the Warzone thread. Is it my imagination or do the WW2 weapons have a much faster TTK than the MW and BlOps ones?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I'm taking it this is the Warzone thread. Is it my imagination or do the WW2 weapons have a much faster TTK than the MW and BlOps ones?

Yeah all the meta guns are from whatever the newest cod is, usually, to encourage people to buy that one to grind them faster.

Right now the NZ-41 is so stupidly overpowered it is just ridiculous. I’ve been just playing MW2019 instead, the recent updates make caldera look like poo poo and I prefer playing plunder to resurgence so don’t play on fortune’s keep or rebirth a lot.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

priznat posted:

Yeah all the meta guns are from whatever the newest cod is, usually, to encourage people to buy that one to grind them faster.

Right now the NZ-41 is so stupidly overpowered it is just ridiculous. I’ve been just playing MW2019 instead, the recent updates make caldera look like poo poo and I prefer playing plunder to resurgence so don’t play on fortune’s keep or rebirth a lot.

FFS, that explains why I'm getting hosed by dubyah dubyah too gerns. Caldera really is a bland, uninteresting map. So much of it seems to lack points of interest, though I do like the jump towers redeploy balloons.

I hope in Warzone 2 they don't get into the situation where there are a thousand guns and a thousand attachments and there's no hope in hell of balancing them. There must be some weapons that literally aren't used at all anymore.

What recent updates have there been to Caldera? I played a few games when it first released but quickly got bored with it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

WattsvilleBlues posted:

FFS, that explains why I'm getting hosed by dubyah dubyah too gerns. Caldera really is a bland, uninteresting map. So much of it seems to lack points of interest, though I do like the jump towers redeploy balloons.

I hope in Warzone 2 they don't get into the situation where there are a thousand guns and a thousand attachments and there's no hope in hell of balancing them. There must be some weapons that literally aren't used at all anymore.

What recent updates have there been to Caldera? I played a few games when it first released but quickly got bored with it.

I think in mw2/wz2 they are going to go back to more limited attachments and you only have to unlock some once for a bunch of different guns.

The blimp towers are great, they swiped that from apex legends but I approve.

The main caldera update at the start of this season was to make it drier/deader looking with a lot of the rivers dried up, all the foliage brown, looks awful. The lighting was improved a bit so it is easier to see people along with removing foliage. Overall I like it less, though. Oh yeah and they copy/pasted storage town from verdansk, which is a terrible area to go now. The rail tunnels were in last season, and thry added mercenary vaults full of loot when you get a gold keycard (not really worth the extra effort)

Fortune’s keep is a really nice map and I like it but I just don’t love playing BR style. It’s a bit bigger than rebirth and has some variety in the areas.

Right now the meta is the nz-41 and blixen or marco 5 secondary, with other options being stg44 or mp40. I think for snipers the mw hdr is the top one again though. Lmgs are pretty bad. RPGs (all launchers) have a much bigger damage radius and are great to shoot into windows where you think someone is camping!

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

priznat posted:

I think in mw2/wz2 they are going to go back to more limited attachments and you only have to unlock some once for a bunch of different guns.

The blimp towers are great, they swiped that from apex legends but I approve.

The main caldera update at the start of this season was to make it drier/deader looking with a lot of the rivers dried up, all the foliage brown, looks awful. The lighting was improved a bit so it is easier to see people along with removing foliage. Overall I like it less, though. Oh yeah and they copy/pasted storage town from verdansk, which is a terrible area to go now. The rail tunnels were in last season, and thry added mercenary vaults full of loot when you get a gold keycard (not really worth the extra effort)

Jesus what a strange list of changes to introduce.

I installed MW3 to have a go on multiplayer and try to get a game on the best CoD map ever, Overwatch. Apparently 11 year old games aren't hot right now because I couldn't get a single game of any mode.

I hopped over to MW Remastered and have been enjoying it - some of the maps are classics and it's hard to think I'm playing them 15 years on.

One thing that's aged terribly, and was awful at the time, is the sound design/effects. Most weapons have this horrific low-fi tch tch tch sound when fired, and environmental sounds are flat as a pancake. I'm no audiophile but I'm glad MW 2019 at least made massive strides in this area.

Can anyone tell me how to unlock stuff like the Lynx CQ300 in MW Remastered? The Depot guy with the atrocious Northern Irish accent is no use to me. Being a NI man myself I would gladly have done the voiceover work for them :argh:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Jesus what a strange list of changes to introduce.

I installed MW3 to have a go on multiplayer and try to get a game on the best CoD map ever, Overwatch. Apparently 11 year old games aren't hot right now because I couldn't get a single game of any mode.

I hopped over to MW Remastered and have been enjoying it - some of the maps are classics and it's hard to think I'm playing them 15 years on.

One thing that's aged terribly, and was awful at the time, is the sound design/effects. Most weapons have this horrific low-fi tch tch tch sound when fired, and environmental sounds are flat as a pancake. I'm no audiophile but I'm glad MW 2019 at least made massive strides in this area.

Can anyone tell me how to unlock stuff like the Lynx CQ300 in MW Remastered? The Depot guy with the atrocious Northern Irish accent is no use to me. Being a NI man myself I would gladly have done the voiceover work for them :argh:

Warzone is one of those things where any success it is having is despite of all the recent seasonal changes, none of them are what I'd consider good! Midseason a new AR is coming (Vargo S) so I imagine it will be the meta gun.

The Cooper Carbine seems to have gotten a buff and is up there with the NZ now, but mostly I prefer just messing around in MW2019. I'm trying to gold skin all the ARs now to get platinum.. gently caress the mounted skins!!

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

priznat posted:

Warzone is one of those things where any success it is having is despite of all the recent seasonal changes, none of them are what I'd consider good! Midseason a new AR is coming (Vargo S) so I imagine it will be the meta gun.

The Cooper Carbine seems to have gotten a buff and is up there with the NZ now, but mostly I prefer just messing around in MW2019. I'm trying to gold skin all the ARs now to get platinum.. gently caress the mounted skins!!

I'd love to see a lot of the content noise in CoD simmer down in future. In MW Remastered, basically each weapon in its class has a unique feel and because there aren't a thousand bloody guns, they're each memorable and useful in different maps, scenarios and game modes. I still have the same experience with each weapon now as I did 15 years ago.

I wouldn't want to see them strip back to the absolute basics, but Vanguard and of course by extension Warzone are just a kaleidoscope of too many options. Nothing feels unique or memorable, there's a best gun and attachment combination that most people use until the inevitable nerf and until the next "meta" loadout emerges. Each gun should be viable throughout the game's lifecycle. There are so many weapons that I haven't tried most of them, and because there are some that are outclassed in every conceivable way by so many others, there is literally no point in them being there.

There must be dozens of guns in Warzone that almost literally no one uses them. I'd love to see gun usage stats for any given day in the Warzone player base.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I'd love to see a lot of the content noise in CoD simmer down in future. In MW Remastered, basically each weapon in its class has a unique feel and because there aren't a thousand bloody guns, they're each memorable and useful in different maps, scenarios and game modes. I still have the same experience with each weapon now as I did 15 years ago.

I wouldn't want to see them strip back to the absolute basics, but Vanguard and of course by extension Warzone are just a kaleidoscope of too many options. Nothing feels unique or memorable, there's a best gun and attachment combination that most people use until the inevitable nerf and until the next "meta" loadout emerges. Each gun should be viable throughout the game's lifecycle. There are so many weapons that I haven't tried most of them, and because there are some that are outclassed in every conceivable way by so many others, there is literally no point in them being there.

There must be dozens of guns in Warzone that almost literally no one uses them. I'd love to see gun usage stats for any given day in the Warzone player base.

Yeah I imagine no one has equipped a shotgun in WZ since the days that the Origin was pretty OP at close range. It's a super tough thing getting weapon balance right and having so many of them floating around out there would mean some get known to be all powered. I guess they don't do a rotating bunch of equippable weapons (change the set you can choose from every couple weeks) because people put money into skins they want to use. If they prune back the number there could be more of a rock-paper-scissors thing that would be interesting, but with the number of guns now it's just impossible. My favourite part of the BR is the period before people get their loadouts and just use whatever scrounged weapons. It might be neat to play a no-loadout mode.

Unrelated, the new Zombies mode on Rebirth is kind of fun for a couple matches then I just get bored..

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

IW did a good job at this, as did BO3, though for different reasons. AW sort of did, but it was unfortunately tied to childhood gambling addict crates.

What I'm saying is bring back jetpacks, it's obviously better for the guns as well.

there actually is a pretty substantial mechanical issue with differentiating weapons in a service model game with multiple modes using the same weapons, they're far less likely to get weirdly experimental, and after the sixth "ar with slightly different fire rate" it gets increasingly difficult to make a new one exciting and unique

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

victrix posted:

IW did a good job at this, as did BO3, though for different reasons. AW sort of did, but it was unfortunately tied to childhood gambling addict crates.

What I'm saying is bring back jetpacks, it's obviously better for the guns as well.

there actually is a pretty substantial mechanical issue with differentiating weapons in a service model game with multiple modes using the same weapons, they're far less likely to get weirdly experimental, and after the sixth "ar with slightly different fire rate" it gets increasingly difficult to make a new one exciting and unique

Advanced Warfare was great and Sledgehammer said they wanted every gun to have a gimmick, essentially, and they all had a different feel to them. I'd love a sequel or a reboot, it'll be 10 years old by the time the next CoD game apparently comes out, and older if the series moves away from yearly releases.

Your service model remarks highlight exactly why more is not better.

Sledgehammer really need to stop the WW2 games. The aesthetic is done to death and even with the Vanguard alternate history story, there's nothing else to be done with the setting unless you go full Wolfenstein.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
WWII was a mistake but I also have a bit of empathy for the developers of the past two games post Modern Warfare because multiple teams have been tasked with cramming a ton of guns and other weird poo poo back into Warzone. The Cold War integration was probably such a back end pain in the rear end.

All that being said I'm ready for Modern Warfare 2 to come out and just start with a clean slate. I personally love progression stats and stuff tracking across multiple games and hope they are more forward thinking with that stuff moving into MW2 but I really do believe starting with a clean slate is needed. There's just too many guns and too many redundancies and having to sort of deal with online MP balance with all of it can create unintended outcomes when tweaking poo poo. And if the reports were true that Activision will skip 2023 for a COD release that is something that is long overdue and I actually am all for. If Modern Warfare 2 ends up being as well received as MW2019 a 2 year run is so much better and more sustainable.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I completely agree with you with the minor caveat that the matchmaking in mw19 killed my cod group stone cold dead

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Regarding SBMM it was interesting I just read something about how control PvP in Destiny 2 had it disabled but it was so ridiculously unbalanced they could predict with complete certainty the match outcome based on player previous metrics.

https://www.pcgamer.com/bungie-admits-over-half-of-destiny-2s-control-pvp-matches-are-decided-before-a-single-shot-is-fired/

I have a hope that someday there will be some kind of system where the high skill people don’t just steamroll all the lesser folks without having to group them all in extremely sweaty matches but I have no idea what the solution is.

Really keen to see if mw2 mp just keeps the same type of map rotation with different game modes or if there is any additional game stuff on top of that like making wins/losses or playing objectives more rewarding.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
A lot of people hate SBMM but a game, especially to that scale of player base that Call of Duty games are guaranteed to get at least initially upon launch I really don't see a better solution. I agree that it isn't a perfect system but ultimately a lot of the so called "arguments" i see against it are clearly just higher skilled people demanding the right to steam roll 80 percent of lobbies when they squad up. And the reality is, if you have the ability to lobby up with friends even if you aren't a great team just having a tiny bit of coordination even in something as simple as a 6 v 6 Team Death Match really to me stacks the odds. During the early part of covid being able to squad up in MW2019 my teammates and I who aren't exactly hardcore pro gamers would roll lobbies consistently so to me, it makes sense that the backend would try to stack us into other "sweat" lobbies for a little bit.

I have a few friends who have worked for various game companies including Riot and heard some of the philosophy behind how they matchmake and what you can do and really there is never going to be a perfect system and to me, the downside of having a game with zero backend match balancing could and would alienate a large amount of the user base over a shorter time.

I play Call of Duty TDM almost exclusively. I usually don't have a ton of time after work so I just kind of want to "zone out" and play a quick few matches. The beauty of the Call of Duty TDM is that it immediately feels familiar and the feedback loop of kill/die/repeat/throw in some kill streaks is fun. However, getting absolutely rolled by a team is probably one of the least fun game experiences out there because it follows the same template. You're dying really fast, they start dropping kill streaks on your head, half your team quits out, and then you're running around with 1 kill and 13 deaths and its you and one other guy. Absent SBMM while it would be unlikely, you could statistically be unlucky and just roll back to back to back to back to back etc continue on Ad nauseam to get thrown into some sweaty rear end lobbies where you're getting smashed and that also isn't optimal either.

This is turning into a longer post now but I will say even though some people hated the MW19 multiplayer map design for being maybe less LANES focused and also a bit more conducive to camping, I really grew to love the maps. Even Piccadilly! I just liked how they felt a bit more organic and "real" if that makes any sense. I really loved MW19 and really didn't like Cold War or Vanguard. I'm also very curious about this new DMZ mode. If they can pull that off I think that would be a huge win. I get that its a different scale due to the game mode, but I really like how the Fortune's Keep rebirth map plays. If that's kind of a taste of what the new Warzone map will play like I'm pretty excited.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 29, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah I think SBMM is definitely a necessary evil. It is pretty noticeable if I really start playing like poo poo I do start having an easier time of it and then my KDR creeps up and puts me back where I'm getting kilt again and it becomes less fun. Then the cycle repeats!

I really think the killstreaks are the most annoying thing about CoD games, for me anyway. I know people love them but man, I just hate it when all of a sudden I get a VTOL/choppergunner/gunship/whatever just destroying me repeatedly, instantly at spawn. It's just not fun. I usually just quit those games because it isn't fun, so why bother?

What I'd really like is better PvE stuff in a CoD style setting. More like the multiplayer and not scripted like the campaign. If bots are getting decent it would be fun, and I wouldn't mind just playing them if they had some skill level scaling. I'm not out to compete and if I could get some good action against an AI squad that'd be fine.

I also like the MW maps quite a bit, my favourites are Crash, Shoothouse, Gun Runner, Hovec, and even Picadilly.

Fortune's keep is a great map and I want them to add a plunder mode to it, that'd be great. I much prefer plunder with respawn to battle royale mode..

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

priznat posted:

What I'd really like is better PvE stuff in a CoD style setting. More like the multiplayer and not scripted like the campaign. If bots are getting decent it would be fun, and I wouldn't mind just playing them if they had some skill level scaling. I'm not out to compete and if I could get some good action against an AI squad that'd be fine.

I also like the MW maps quite a bit, my favourites are Crash, Shoothouse, Gun Runner, Hovec, and even Picadilly.

They're definitely testing stuff right now. The new Fortune's Keep thing where its a POI on the map and you have AI Bots dropping down to "defend." Basically the alleged DMZ mode is going to basically be a PvE. This is all rumors and conjecture and what not but theres been enough heat on these rumors that the basic idea seems to be that you'll likely use the same new Warzone map whenever they launch that in MW2. There will be AI you fight against and potentially also other squads of players. There will be some sort of rough construct of missions which could be gathering something on the map, could be blowing up something etc. And then some sort of extraction phase which presumably would also feed into some sort of persistent stats and unlocks etc. Even if its really as basic as a good Spec Ops mode that feeds into Battle Pass unlocks I'd be fine with that. Just another option to do some online play with friends.

Yeah I really liked Crash except if memory serves me you could really trap a team on occasion. However I like maps with verticality so Crash was fun, St. Petrograd was probably a bit too big but I enjoyed it, and the late added Tank Factory map I really liked too. I actually really liked Azhir Cave because it had a lot of tight choke points but also some more open long sightline stuff and to me, speaking of kill streaks, it had areas you could kind of escape the most aggro kill streaks too. If you got a chopper gunner on a map like Gun Runner there was very little cover to escape it.

I do tend to agree about the killstreaks. They're fun but often times it just tilts the table too much. I kind of wish there was some sort of TDM mode that had like, half the kill streaks. Just cut it off on anything stronger than a air strike or something.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Games like Black Ops Cold War and Warzone have been criticized for using skill-based matchmaking too much, with players comparing them to older Call of Duty titles. However, former Activision Senior Systems Designer Josh Menke has revealed that SBMM has been in CoD games since 2007.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

comedyblissoption posted:

Games like Black Ops Cold War and Warzone have been criticized for using skill-based matchmaking too much, with players comparing them to older Call of Duty titles. However, former Activision Senior Systems Designer Josh Menke has revealed that SBMM has been in CoD games since 2007.

Black Ops 1 had no SBMM

(We had a goon server we all played in)

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Modern Warfare 2 around the corner and this feels weirdly between an active and a dead game. They are still releasing new weapons and maps, but there are so many bugs that have never and will probably never be fixed. The Packet Burst thing has been happening since day one and looks like it will never be resolved.

Overall I enjoyed Vanguard, but am ready for MW II. My biggest issue with the game was how much of a brutal slog they made leveling new guns feel like. I love leveling all the guns in Call of Duty and seeing how they change my playstyle. In Vanguard however, more than Cold War and MW 2019, it really felt like your gun was completely noncompetitive with a fully leveled gun. That wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take foreverrrrrrrrrrr to level the guns. During that time you get your poo poo pushed in by every sweat with an MP-40 zipping around the map.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I've been reading the leaked info, sparse as it is, on the DMZ mode for MW2 and it sounds really neat. Tarkov clone but I worry about being trounced in PvP or if those will be semi-rare occurrences. Even better would be if you could just turn off PvP (as long as it keeps weapon and battlepass progression).

Totally agree about the gun levelling and I'm excited that MW2 will have "common" attachments across weapon types so it sounds like a lot less repetition on unlocking gun attachments, which is cool. There's a fine line between a fun mechanic for unlocks that keeps you engaged and a pitiless grind..

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

priznat posted:

I've been reading the leaked info, sparse as it is, on the DMZ mode for MW2 and it sounds really neat. Tarkov clone but I worry about being trounced in PvP or if those will be semi-rare occurrences. Even better would be if you could just turn off PvP (as long as it keeps weapon and battlepass progression).

Totally agree about the gun levelling and I'm excited that MW2 will have "common" attachments across weapon types so it sounds like a lot less repetition on unlocking gun attachments, which is cool. There's a fine line between a fun mechanic for unlocks that keeps you engaged and a pitiless grind..

Let me preface this by saying I hate the stupid grind on a lot of the things for camo and different crosshairs and what not. However I do once again empathize with the developers because there is a loud minority who will both decry stupid camo challenges and claim to just want "a fun game" but the moment the drip of content or stupid grinds ends they say the developers have given up on the community etc. Normally I would pay them no mind but the way these loud assholes can really sway community perception of issues in modern video games bothers me a lot. The gun leveling in Vanguard is out of line to me. Each gun is what, 70 levels and it does take way way too long. For me, I think "leveling" a gun to its top level should not take more than a couple hours max. Now when it comes to cosmetics and things that do not effect the performance of the gun I"m all for stupid insane challenges because I'm at the point where I simply don't care.

The new gun editing stuff as it sounds from leaks does sound really interesting though. And yeah, basically if DMZ is basically Baby's First Tarkov with some good persistent elements I'm so so so onboard.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Bring me up to speed here goons - what's Tarkov?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Bring me up to speed here goons - what's Tarkov?

Escape From Tarkov is a "realistic" hardcore first person online shooter. I'm simplyfying things but you will join a server and it will be populated by AI controlled enemies of varying degrees of skill and also human controlled players as well. You have kind of generic basic objectives to collect stuff and then extract. There is persistent back end stuff where you can upgrade your "home base" among other things.

Tarkov if you search out clips on youtube is highlighted by the fact that it has minimal hud and your character can't take much damage and you can potentially lose everything you are carrying on your body if you die. There are no on screen ammo counts for example. If you take minor damage you have to bandage etc. There are stamina elements and things so you have to drink water, heal up after taking some damage, etc. Also theres no radar if I'm not mistaken, no on screen indicators for where shots are coming from, or if you kill someone. So just as an example. You shoot at a guy from a long distance with a sniper rifle. If you hit him and he died the only way to verify is to run over to where you think his body dropped and look for the body.

Obviously the way i'm describing the game would never be what Call of Duty would do but the leaks suggest DMZ will have some sort of persistence stuff and be far less hardcore. For a good example of a completely half baked version of this look at Battlefield 2042's Hazard Zone mode. Which when described seemed like a bit like a baby's first Tarkov but it basically had so little going for it that the mode died and there was no reason to really continue playing it beyond one or two times.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Totally agree that the vanguard gun levelling was out of line - especially given certain attachments were huuuuuuge advantages for movement speed (huh??) and recoil control. The type of grip tape used making a difference how fast you run by default was totally bizarre.

What I would like to see is different gun classes like shotguns and LMGs become viable for using again. The usual SMG/AR/Sniper rifle meta is boring! Sniper rifles are especially boring. Nothing bugs me more than someone with a Kar98k quickscoping everyone at distances of like 10m on MW2019 maps. It just feels so wrong, and if someone doesn't have the quickscoping down they just can't compete.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
The bigger problem was many Vanguard guns were functionally unusable at low levels, and overpowered as gently caress at high ones.

They didn't promote playstyles, or customisation. They just got better.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Shockeh posted:

The bigger problem was many Vanguard guns were functionally unusable at low levels, and overpowered as gently caress at high ones.

They didn't promote playstyles, or customisation. They just got better.

That's true too. Lower level near stock guns were really loving bad. Again, I think what MW2019 did was kind of back to basics but also highly refined. I had not bought a Call of Duty in a long time but MW2019 got its hooks in me and Warzone did as well...but if MW2 is a bit of a flop I'll probably be done with the series for a while again.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah I was always more of a battlefield guy than CoD but after BFV was so disappointing at launch and some friends were playing warzone and that really pulled me into eventually buying MW2019. The movement and gunplay just has a really good feel to it which I enjoy. If it had been cod:blops style I doubt I would have gotten into it, I only got that one so I could level up the meta guns for warzone, basically. Vanguard mp was a bit better but still not great. 2019/warzone was the outlier for me where it just felt great to play. So hopefully MW2 recaptures the same feel!

Despite going back to mw2019 for a bit recently I've just gotten tired of the gameplay loop and it's no longer really that fun anymore. Same with Warzone even. A tarkov-y PvEvP looter shooter would be pretty fun though!

I have a couple friends really into Hunt Showdown and it looks like a great game it's just the setting and the ancient guns don't really interest me.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Such a shame that BF never did poo poo with Firestorm. Making a next gen only version would take care of the load times (or not :dice:) but the sky will turn green before that happens.

Hopefully this Tarkov-lite mode in MW2 is fun.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah Firestorm was too late and not having it F2P doomed it. It wasn't terrible! BFV actually got a lot better as it went on, but most people had already left. Now the same thing happened to BF2042 but even faster! What a disappointment.

I really don't know why EA doesn't put 2042 on the base tier of EA Play so people with xbox game pass ultimate will get it, that would juice the numbers immediately. Probably a big reason why the BFV numbers are actually pretty decent now, lots of people play it through that. But pay $70 for that disastrous product? Gimme a break. But that's for the battlefield thread I suppose :haw:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

It’s dumbfounding me why the two T2 Judgement Day bundles include 6 guns between them, and none of them look like weapons from T2 any of the Terminator films lol wtf

Cold War lever action shotgun getting a 1887 skin with a flipcock reload/weapon inspect, or a deagle/1911 with a huge top mounted laser sight from the 1st film would of been cool

Or poo poo i dunno maybe just dress up one of Vanguard’s one handed SMG’s to look like the blocky laser guns the skeleton terminators had

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
What amazes me more is two months before death, anyone is buying those bundles.

Although it doesn't irritate me like the Roze 2.0 skin does, which was a shameless 'Get an invisible skin!' cash grab, and is *everywhere*.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I ain’t planning on ever buying the crossover bundles cause they cost like 30 goddamn australian dollars worth of cod bucks

The only one i was vaguely tempted to get was the rambo one, if only because the thought of really leaning into it and trying to win a game with a hipfire only M60 build might be funny

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I ain’t planning on ever buying the crossover bundles cause they cost like 30 goddamn australian dollars worth of cod bucks

The only one i was vaguely tempted to get was the rambo one, if only because the thought of really leaning into it and trying to win a game with a hipfire only M60 build might be funny

I ended up having enough coins to buy the John McClane bundle without having to open my wallet.

I think I used the JM character.... once? lol. Wasn't worth it.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

No but if you're playing in Australia, you should be playing with the few Aussies who are already in the Discord (Please God I'm so lonely.)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Those rambo and die hard skins have the worst sounding audio for their lines that does not fit at all in game. They should have re recorded with a sound alike, it’s super distracting. Thankfully I don’t see them as much anymore.

The skins just got really dumb and over the top. I would like an option that disables crazy skins and tracers but they’d never do that because money.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Here's the thing about me, and maybe I'm part of the problem. I am now an adult who makes middle class adult money so occasionally I'll just buy a stupid skin because its stupid and I think its funny. I bought the Rambo skin. However I haven't bought a battle pass since middle of Cold War because I just stopped playing enough to earn back enough to get a free one. However, if this game was out back when I was in high school and had insane amounts of free time I'd probably be buying a lot of the dumb stuff just because it was silly and fun to do with friends.

I agree completely though. Basically once we knew MW2 was going to be a hard reset I just was like, why would I buy new skins or anything for this game that is going to be retired in a few months. The reason why I think I'll still play MW2 alot is that the most amount of my friends will be buying that and so that'll be the game we can all play together. I definitely would rather play a game I sort of like with friends versus a game I really really like but by myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I am excited for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (2022) and look forward to playing with my goon friends, whether that be [BOYS], [LLJK], [GOKU], [GOON], or [MISC]

Still not doing warzone though!!!!