Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

the correct way to create a task from an email is to reply to the email with the message "please open a ticket for this" . then a ticket will automatically be generated if the issue is important enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Well for one thing I'm not quite crazy enough to use a ticket system for my personal email, not would responding to myself be likely to get a ticket opened

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

lol i didnt consider task creation for personal email

mystes
May 31, 2006

I like that you can apparently now use Teams for personal use like some sort of skype replacement, as if that is something anyone in their right mind would want to do.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

hi we're still on HCL Notes and you outlook complainers can all go to hell thanks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

i think outlook may be so bad these days that notes, which hasnt changed in 20 years, may now be a better for email.

exchange is infinitely better than domino tho, that ones still not even close.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if you think windows outlook is bad the mac client is even worse, like it constantly pops up reminders for old meetings or fails silently it's great

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

the windows client does the reminders for old meetings too. thats almost certainly the favorite feature of some boomer product owner at microsoft who thinks its critical that you know you missed a meeting while you were out last week.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shaggar posted:

the windows client does the reminders for old meetings too. thats almost certainly the favorite feature of some boomer product owner at microsoft who thinks its critical that you know you missed a meeting while you were out last week.

no this will, if a meeting in a series is canceled, pop up a reminder for last week's occurrence at the time this week's would have happened

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's been that way for at least 2 years they obviously have no interest in fixing it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

they cant get images and text to work reliably in teams, a piece of software that handles text and images almost exclusively. i dont think the office client team cares about anything

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shaggar posted:

Yeah I don't know why anyone would want that.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

i could maybe see caring that i missed a meeting that started 10 minutes ago, but thats about it.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shaggar posted:

i could maybe see caring that i missed a meeting that started 10 minutes ago, but thats about it.
They should just stuff the old meeting notifications in the daily briefing/myanalytics emails and then burn them

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Zam Wesell posted:

outlook search is SO FUCKIN BAD

god drat i hate computers

yet bing is alright and Microsoft has that cognitive search thing in azure. they could fix it easily

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Zam Wesell posted:

outlook search is SO FUCKIN BAD

god drat i hate computers

they updated something and now it defaults to searching the cloud before local storage and it has failed every single time and i have to click the link

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

Shaggar posted:

i think outlook may be so bad these days that notes, which hasnt changed in 20 years, may now be a better for email.

exchange is infinitely better than domino tho, that ones still not even close.

yesterday i was locked out of my email for a little while because a server-side log file filled up, which causes a constant error dialog in the client when trying to do anything. they had to do manual maintenance on the server to clear it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I just use the web-browser instead of the client when I need to search. The outlook client search is a grab bag. Sometimes it works perfectly, but maybe it will crash instead. Exciting!