Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
 
  • Post
  • Reply
Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Pile Of Garbage posted:

their current trend is about making sure that you know that the poo poo you use is microsoft so they'll prolly turn "Azure" into "Microsoft Azure" or maybe "Microsoft presents Azure"

microsoft 366

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

And I'm only saying this because I care.

There are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing.


Fun Shoe

wheany posted:

Azure® Office™️
:hmmyes:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Minecraftosoft

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007




yes that is literally their current brand

edit: me not read good!

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jan 24, 2023

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007



jokes on them i aleady own https://michaelsoftbinbows.com/

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pile Of Garbage posted:

yes that is literally their current brand

edit: me not read good!
Microsoft 366 will be their brand next year, in 2024

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

mystes posted:

Microsoft 366 will be their brand next year, in 2024
they should spend $50 million rebranding everything to 366 next year and another $50 million turning everything back to 365 once the year is over

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007



free market, bicht!!!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Microsoft 360

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007



an elaborate contrivance. just imagine me posting about doing a 360 away from that and any other microsoft shenanigans.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

mobby_6kl posted:

Microsoft 360



They called it the 360 since they were going up against the PS3 and didn't want to call it Xbox 2. OK, I get that.

Then when they made the Series X they are going up against the PS5 with what could be claimed to be the fifth generation of Xbox but didn't want to call it Xbox 5. :wtc:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

And I'm only saying this because I care.

There are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing.


Fun Shoe
ms dumb

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Prolly somebody went with "X means 10 haha sony will be sooo owned" and later they made Xbox Series S because gently caress reason and logic

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

And I'm only saying this because I care.

There are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing.


Fun Shoe
the third Xbox was called One lmao

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.


~Coxy posted:

They called it the 360 since they were going up against the PS3 and didn't want to call it Xbox 2. OK, I get that.

Then when they made the Series X they are going up against the PS5 with what could be claimed to be the fifth generation of Xbox but didn't want to call it Xbox 5. :wtc:

wouldn't that just be xbox 4 versus playstation 5 (I don't really know consoles, so correct me if I'm wrong)

in other microsoft news for some reason my file association for .zip spontaneously changed from 7zip to windows explorer on a windows update, that was confusing for a moment

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

xbox xxx

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

xbone still makes me laugh

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Private Speech posted:

wouldn't that just be xbox 4 versus playstation 5 (I don't really know consoles, so correct me if I'm wrong)

yes but if you wanna count the xboxonex as an xbox then the Xbox Series brand of consoles are fifth

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

when Sony launches the PS6 Microsoft will respond by naming their next console the Xbox Infinity Plus One No Take-Backs.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

yes but if you wanna count the xboxonex as an xbox then the Xbox Series brand of consoles are fifth

nobody does that because it was just a spec bump like the ps4 pro. there are no games that only run on the one x and likely never will be.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.


xbox infinity and xbox infinity +1 does genuinely sound like it has potential for s and x respectively

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010
the all-new
    XBOX

e: with retina display

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004


just move on and call it the ybox

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Hey lil' azure how's it going?

quote:

- Users may experience failures to render the account console page, notebooks, or may experience failures creating new workspaces, users and Databricks user interfaces
- Cluster start/resize/termination requests may time out.
- Jobs relying on cluster start/resize/termination may not execute.
- Jobs submitted through APIs/Schedulers may not execute.
- Workspace authentication requests may fail or timeout
yay cloud

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

And I'm only saying this because I care.

There are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing.


Fun Shoe
:yayclod:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang



why o why does team always require me to log in twice and restart thrice

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004


any time teams is a poo poo it’s 49% chance electron being poo poo, 49% chance sharepoint being poo poo, then 2% chance it’s something else

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Today I got sick of the 00s style chat bubbles in MS Teams so I switched it to Compact style.

Christ, it's ugly as sin! Didn't want to maybe look at how Discord does it, huh?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

And I'm only saying this because I care.

There are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing.


Fun Shoe

jesus WEP posted:

any time teams is a poo poo it’s 49% chance electron being poo poo, 49% chance sharepoint being poo poo, then 2% chance it’s something else
YOS2%POS

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007



Carthag Tuek posted:

why o why does team always require me to log in twice and restart thrice

sounds like a mix of microsoft being cooked and/or mis-configured conditional access policies in your corp azure ad tenant.

~Coxy posted:

Today I got sick of the 00s style chat bubbles in MS Teams so I switched it to Compact style.

Christ, it's ugly as sin! Didn't want to maybe look at how Discord does it, huh?

i use the high-contrast theme, it's not great but also it's the most legible imo

edit: also you can select the same high-contrast theme on learn.microsoft.com for thematic consistency

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang



Pile Of Garbage posted:

sounds like a mix of microsoft being cooked and/or mis-configured conditional access policies in your corp azure ad tenant.

well im just using my github acct so

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007



sounds like some B2B SSO shenanigans. officially supported, entirely undocumented and wholly unreliable!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang



i mean its my private account basically, then i just get or send a link when i wanna talk to a colleague

cant use my corp acct cause of the whole security enrollment thing

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007



ah well then. that's 100% microsoft garbage. they love loving up

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

And I'm only saying this because I care.

There are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing.


Fun Shoe
also some of the updates we get served don't actually become active unless you sign out and then quit. just quitting the app won't do lol

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i use the high-contrast theme, it's not great but also it's the most legible imo

I'll give this a shot on Monday, thanks

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007



some great UI design from microsoft in the Intune admin portal:



i guess they havent learned how to do client-side form validation so they just said "gently caress it" and replaced the text-box with a 730-item drop-down menu

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost
its because you're not supposed to enable pin expiry

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
"on-premise"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

~Coxy posted:

They called it the 360 since they were going up against the PS3 and didn't want to call it Xbox 2. OK, I get that.

Then when they made the Series X they are going up against the PS5 with what could be claimed to be the fifth generation of Xbox but didn't want to call it Xbox 5. :wtc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeHjN4oWVfk

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply