Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Last Chance posted:

Chris Knight posted:

goddamn loving SharePoint loving Microsoft loving bullshit goddamn gently caress
I agree with this post

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

echinopsis posted:

discord is good because it refuses it let you get notifications to one than one logged in device at once and you can’t respond to pleas for help if you don’t get notifications for them *taps head*

discord is bad because it's just another lockin platform

give me something that you can run yourself with discord's features

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

if you have the Xbox overlay running you can hit win+g and it has a mixer pane, I actually find it to be really useful

:rolleyes:

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

so i spilled tea on my laptop and fried it, and that sucks, but i have pulled out my old thinkpad from 2014 to use as a spare.

i had installed kubuntu on it because i was like oh, this computer is old and slow, i better install some lightweight os on it so it runs smoothly right??? well that was awful experience. the trackpad never worked properly, it wouldn't wake up from sleep, all the software was bad and weird, etc.

i decided gently caress it i'll just reinstall win10 and deal with it being kinda slow.

well i did that and ran the lenovo driver installer and guess what: not only does everything work perfectly, but it's even faster and smoother than it was with linux on it. perfectly usable. lmao.

windows is king of operating systems

man you suck at linux

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

they're right though. edge is just chrome but better. there's no reason to use chrome now

didnt know microsoft got another one on their payroll in here

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

qirex posted:

the only actually good microsoft products are getting canceled/rebranded

nooooo

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

just bought 2x intellimouse classic just so i have some spare

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

the only good thing about microsoft is its hardware, and now they're gonna take that away too?

"surface intellimouse"

bah humbug

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

but then you end up with windows

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

a new sku to learn the name of

Microsoft Entra expands into Security Service Edge and Azure AD becomes Microsoft Entra ID

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

...and it doesn’t have a Linux client.

not official, but https://github.com/abraunegg/onedrive works great when i'm forced to use onedrive at work.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

shitface posted:

that was my first impression, until I installed 22H2 and did the legions updates to the latest, where the silent installs of waves of utter crap kept coming. it's a linux-tier window manager with multiple themes, toolkits and transparency effects on show and endless advertising and attempts to ram content in your face.

i'll stick with the switch for gaming until I finally get out of a year of airbnb next week, get my cute victorian terrace house and go buy a ps5. I can't imagine ever voluntarily using this poo poo again

why badmouth linux in all this

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

it's what you should install, not macos

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

:toot:

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

lol

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

wouldn't it be compat~1

:goonsay:

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

r u ready to WALK posted:

yes please don't actively inflict more windows upon people, that is cruel
the situation is bad enough as it is

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

libreoffice is pretty good with csvs

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

but onedrive is also sharepoint

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

qirex posted:

not sure why I made this but it popped into my head and had to see what it would look like
*drag & drop will be handled by your organization

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

https://github.com/EionRobb/purple-teams

i should try it

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

they've atleast updated to gtk4
code:
if get_option('gtkui')
	gtk = dependency('gtk4', version : '>= 4.10.0')
	libadwaita = dependency('libadwaita-1', version : '>= 1.2')
endif	# GTK

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

no way of actually making a cross platform gui with c# yet i see

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

:argh:

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Shaggar posted:

xamarin forms or .net maui

did you just tell me to go gently caress myself

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

you could wire up qt to dotnet, but what you're really doing when using it is making c++ bindings

https://www.qt.io/blog/qt/.net-hosting-.net-code-in-a-qt-application

if they could make some autogenerator that creates the bindings, it could actually be really neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

based64 posted:

just use linux

the OS that needs an alias for pulseaudio -k

otherwise fine!!*

lol