Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
i put up with 11 not letting me put the taskbar on the side of the screen for a while, thinking it would be addressed eventually. they really don't want it there, obviously. have they seen monitor ratios these days. finally went back to 10, petulantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
in the guy who persevered with win me and vista but i rolled back to 10 and am *~living my best life~*

may corrolate more with my age and reduced patience for technology than with the comparative strengths of those operating systems, though

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
all the windows complaints i see these days can be fixed with some simple config changes, dunno why people are switching to mac or linux when they could just spend a few days and install windows 10 iot ltsc edition to avoid feature updates and ads and news, and then disconnect the internet during install so that you can use a local account instead of a microsoft one, and then install open-shell because it's actually pretty good, and then install outlook from office 2021 ltsc instead of o365 so that you can connect to work m365 email but not risk that you wake up one day and your email client has been converted to an electron mess, and then install word and excel from office 2010 proplus sp2 because that's the last version that didn't have microsoft logins so it won't log you on automatically to your work account and keep telling you to save it in your work onedrive when you're just trying to update your fantasy footy team stats

pretty easy, folks. where do you want to go today?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
i made a sarcastic post earlier about it being easy to configure windows to be less poo poo but i did/do actually do all those things. i run excel and word 2010 because anything newer logs me into my work microsoft account just because i use it in outlook. i have found no way to separate them.

mystes posted:

Microsoft carrot is now microsoft stick for business 365

brilliant

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Woolie Wool posted:

At that point why not use libreoffice

yeah i think i will, good call.

last time i tried it about a decade ago i had compatibility problems but at this point it's probably better than word 2010 for that

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
new outlook, new office, all those things are terrible but new teams (work or school) is the only one i have stayed switched to because as bad as it is, it meets my needs slightly more than the old one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
which is more of a reflection on how teams has never been good