Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm still convinced that skype was intentionally bought and deprecated in favour of teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i think you may be ascribing (and yourself applying) more thought to the whole process than actually happened at microsoft.

yeah, i feel that this may be the case a lot of the time when it comes to ms products and mishandling their acquisitions...

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

tab hoarders should be thwarted at every opportunity

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/09/panos-panay-leader-of-the-surface-and-windows-teams-is-leaving-microsoft/

quote:

Panos Panay, leader of the Surface and Windows teams, is leaving Microsoft

Will be replaced by Yusuf Mehdi, who has been leading the way on AI efforts.

very excited for more cortana!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

we all know, but the cortana joke was obligatory

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

when did they change azure active directory to microsoft entra id? :argh:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i haven't needed to touch active directory since april, so i guess this is my fault

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the best way to use teams is to not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

just installed win 11 :rip:

well, you're in the right forum