Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

echinopsis posted:

sometimes I look up at the sky and I see a sign from god that I am the chosen one

Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

edge is just as bad as chrome

Correct

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

edge has always been poo poo bing spyware

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

a man of taste

..but really, does inertia scrolling even work on windows if you use a macpad or tragic mouse with the right drivers?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

edge is malware

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

has software like malware bytes started correctly identifying edge as malware? I bet they don’/won’t, but they should.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I had to go back to old office for Mac LTSc when I got a new job and it sucks poo poo compared to “new outlook” or w/e. I want to sit down and chat with the dev who decided that command + return would be a shortcut to send an email you’re drafting.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

well usually when writing something, I’m using return to make a new line and sometimes I’m copying and pasting into the email via keyboard shortcuts that also use command + whatever.

sometimes I don’t let go of command at the right time because I’m hosed up I guess and I make mistakes? but I don’t think that should mean a half finished email should get sent.

thankfully many people had this issue with old outlook and there’s a weird fix

https://superuser.com/questions/453516/how-do-i-disable-commandenter-sending-e-mail-in-outlook-2011-for-mac

and I think this shortcut is changed or removed in new outlook? it just didn’t happen in new outlook for me as far as I remember

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

power BI sucks donkey nuts

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah you had to click on something. my dad had to do that once and I never saw him again. I feel it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I do like that a lot of advice about css is just give every component a unique or semi unique class name since the cascading part adds too much poo poo to deal with.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

can’t you just copy your sig from your own message in a reply thread or from a message in the sent folder?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I hate that to attach an image in teams you can’t just drag it into the chat box. you have to aim for a weird attachment area

teams is so bad

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

VS code’s “find in selection” is completely broken and doesn’t work properly ever. why?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i do it occasionally, to let it update things, as a treat

I don’t think you need to do that? I thought ms store stuff auto updates

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

bing up your process list

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Shaggar posted:

the windows mail and calendar app is really good and its getting replaced with a lovely new outlook.com web wrapper some time next year. their workaround for 3rd party accounts is that microsoft will login on your behalf and sync the data into outlook.com.

awesome

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

no, i generally don’t use file synchronization services as a backup because file syncing and backups are different things

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

me bought a bunch of g5s for Xbox 360 development lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol i remember lindows.. there were a few distros that really wanted to be windows for some reason.. lycoris was another one

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I loved that compiz/beryl stuff, it was trashy and glitchy as poo poo but i didn’t care

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

fun and joy in computers died with steve.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

i love the idea of writing python in this tiny three line-at-a-time field

that looks like a challenge

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Microsoft is using .app application bundles now?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Shaggar posted:

i wonder if someone sales or product dweeb wanted a custom keyboard key that could launch linked in like calc or browser, but the devs said no thats stupid and the "compromise" was an arcane shortcut that no human would use but could be easily macroed in hardware on a keyboard

it really does feel like that. you can almost taste the synergy

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

r u ready to WALK posted:

lmao i love the modern microsoft

my current teams experience

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

i was gonna say lmao at caring about windows versions but i realized that i dont know what version of macos im using either

sure i could look it up but does it matter? :smuggggg

do you know which forum your posting in? how can you know if an os is a pos if you dont even know what os you're using

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

fair

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

then they’ll just switch to bing.com or xbox.com

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

are they finally separating the calendar and mail apps so that you can actually read your calendar and read email at the same time (!) without a weird hacky “new window” thing

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I hear the yammer beer pong tables work well enough

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

jammyozzy posted:

A 'try the new Teams' button has appeared in teams

This is definitely a trap right? I might accidentally hit it and be unfortunately unable to use it for the rest of the day

this sounds like a win actually

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my favorite feature of teams is the thing that steals focus when I type a message to a coworker and asks me for feedback. while stopping me from typing a message. it’s almost poetic.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

thats not teams thats just microsoft, everything theyve ever made does that. youre just typing away and some random background app comes to the front youre typing here now thank you for the return key sent to your boss

yeah but this isn’t a background app stealing focus, it’s a blue bubble/modal within teams itself stealing focus

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I love that Microsoft outlook thinks I’m misspelling the last name of the doctor I’m emailing in the body of the email.

I swear to god spell check used to be smarter and would ignore names if it was in something like:

Hi Dr. [Last Name],

not to mention the name is in the “to:” field itself

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

they also buy companies and products.

then rebrand them

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

there’s some registry thing you can change to use the old one by default

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

mystes posted:

Microsoft forcing people to replace their computers when they don't want to by setting arbitrary hardware requirements for new versions of windows has also got to be one of the biggest generators of ewaste in the world.

isn’t windows 11 the first time they’ve done this since.. XP?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

echinopsis posted:

what’s a gpo is it like registry

it’s a setting you can push down in an enterprise environment and ms ignores it slightly less often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

normal people pirate windows enterprise edition?