Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Flipping a coin...

"8. SARAGE the DOG will help you. He is the Ultimate Death Machine. If anyone can help, it will be him."

quote:

You say: "SARAGE the DOG will help you. He is the Ultimate Death Machine. If anyone can help, it will be him."

You know you have made a mistake. You know you have ruined your chances of ever returning to Murderville. But you cannot go back now.

You are too frightened. You are too broken. You are too drained.
The Original Man touches your hand.

"SARAGE the DOG will help you to regain your strength. You are not alone, but you will never be alone again. The galaxy will soon know the truth."

"Thank you, Original Man," you say. "I know I made a mistake, but I will not let this ruin my life forever. I will rise above this and make sure it does not happen again."

"Good," the Original Man says. "I am proud of you."

"Thank you, Original Man," you say. "I know I made a mistake, but I will not let this ruin my life forever. I will rise above this and make sure it does not happen again."

"Good," the Original Man says. "I am proud of you."

You are back in the Murderville garden. You wake up.

"Finally, I am home," you cry. "It is all over."

But it is not. There is no more treasure.

You touch the grass where Sebastian has been.

"SARAGE the DOG has died," you say. "It is his time."

You do not know why. You do not know how. But you feel it is right. You feel the original mission of you and the Original Man has been completed.

The Original Man has died, but it is you who will live on.

SARAGE the DOG lives on.

He was always your dog.

You did not know it, but you were his hero, and he was yours.

The ones that count are never seen,

You will never live to see the sun set,

But every night, in your dreams, he will be by your side.

R.I.P.

As the sun sets on your last night in Murderville, you come face to face with your brother, Sebastian.

They stand facing each other in front of the roller coaster.

"I wish I could have saved you," you say.

"I wish I could have saved you," says Sebastian.

"Goodbye," you say.

Sebastian bows his head. You bow yours.

Your tears slowly run down your face.
We hit our first failure state! Murderville is a cruel place indeed. I'll reload and choose the other option...

"1. It was the signal I was waiting for! A signal to start my revenge! I will be a killer for all of Murderville! I will become the Killer of Murderville!"

quote:

You say: " It was the signal I was waiting for! A signal to start my revenge! I will be a killer for all of Murderville! I will become the Killer of Murderville!"

The Original Man says: "It's a good idea. It's a great idea. It's the only thing you'll ever be good at!"

You think about that. And about how much pain this would cause your parents. You realize that you must go to them and tell them the secret of Murderville. You have no choice.

For if your parents see Murderville, they will become homicidal maniacs!

And if they kill, you, having become the life force of the world, will die, along with your siblings.

You think about this for a while. Then you think of Sebastian, alone and tortured in the Tower of the Sorcerer, and you break into a run.

Sebastian is still locked in the Tower of the Sorcerer, and his life force is draining from him slowly but surely.

You break into the tower, run to his cell, rip off the bars, and push him from the tower.

Sebastian falls from the tower, landing heavily on the hard cobblestones of Murderville.

There is a scream from below.

The guards outside the tower look up in shock, then they burst into a bloodcurdling yell.

"The Killer of Murderville! The Killer of Murderville!" they shout.

The guards scramble to open the bars to the jail and drag Sebastian to the town square.

"We must release the prisoner!" they call.

"Yes, yes, yes! Let him out!" the crowd shouts.

The Original Man ripples through the crowd, and an avalanche of people emerges to press around Sebastian on the ground, pinning him down.

Some of the crowd see you and ask: "Who is the Killer of Murderville?"

The Original Man says, "I am the Original Man, and this is my sidekick, Superhero! He will fight for all of us!"

This seems to satisfy the crowd.

"We must help Sebastian with his job interview" says Jake.

"Yes, let's help him!"

yells Keith.

"We will stay here and protect him!" says Keith.

The Original Man says, "They should have listened to me!"

He ripples out and disappears.

You smile and say, "We will all protect him from the Mayor, who wants to kill him for crimes he did not commit."

"No!" the crowd cries out.

"Yes," you reply.

"Let's fight back!" yells Dick.

You shrug. "I don't really want to be in the fight. I just wanted to protect my friend Sebastian."

"Superhero can fight!" yells Dick.

"Superhero?" asks the crowd.

"Yes, Superhero! We will call him Superhero!" yells Dick.

"Then call him out," yells a big bald guy in the crowd.

"We'll call him out!" yells the bald guy.

"What?" says the Original Man.

"We'll call him out!"

The Job interview is about to begin. You:
Take out your folded picture of Sebastian.

2. Ask him if he would like to be the Super Hero of Murderville.

3. High-five him and hand him his certificate.

4. Check to make sure he's really dead.

5. Reach out to touch the bottom of his neck, flip it off, and say, "Killer of Murderville!"

6. Hit him again for good measure.

7. Ask him if he'd like to have his face put on the cover of one of your self-published books.

8. Kneel down and give him an honest-to-god big-rear end hug.

9. Thank him for all of his blood and gore.

10. Kiss him on the forehead.

Thom "Mantis" Stormfist (A.K.A. Superhero, the Killer of Murderville), the Master Barbarian (Lv 3.6) // [Assassin] Sebastian (Lv 2) // Investigator (Lvl 1)

Attributes
  • Wisdom 11[+1]
  • Luck 6
  • Charisma 6
  • Intimidation 3[+1] (Intimidates)
  • Swim 1[+1]
  • Athletics 0
  • Endurance 10[+1]
  • Health 10
  • Stamina 15
  • Stamina Recovery 10
  • Determination 1[+1]
  • Desperation 1[+1]
  • Honor 2[+2]
  • Shoot 1[+1]
  • Impress 1[+1]
  • Useful 1[+1]
  • L 1[+1]
  • Intelligence 8[+8]
  • Your Demigod Strength is equal to 14[+2]!!!
  • Dexterity 2[+2]
  • Acrobatics 4[+4]
  • Umility 1[+1]
  • Courage 1[+1]
  • Competence 1[+1]
  • Run & Shoot 1[+1]
Special Skills
  • Summon Bones: Click on the corpses of people you pass to pull out your buffs - your greatest tool in manipulating the board. The more bones you have summoned, the better of a buff you will have.
  • ENDURE: affects the architecture of the Great Pyramid.
  • Magic Spell: ??? the last time we have tried to cast it, we got interrupted by a skeletal arm.
  • [Armor of the Fire】 [Cruel / Mysterious / Great] [Vengeful / Confident / Sarcasm]: ??? we gained these skills when we leveled as an [Assassin] Sebastian.
  • Glide
  • You can now use the special ability which allows you to make a weapon (you have made a Bow Shotgun)
  • Rune Stealer: You can steal from the memories of other people.
  • Nonexistent Alteration: Combine Holy Water and Blessing, transforming you into a platypus, which can only change back into its normal form once it has hit its target. This spell is your most useful spell. Since you are a telepath, you can also command animals.
  • Demigod Strength: It has the following effect: While you are on the ground, you gain a stack of three Demigod Strength. You are vulnerable while this effect is active. Any melee attack that would have taken the form of a melee attack will have its damage dealt by a direct attack of the same type (i.e. a ranged attack will deal melee damage, or a single enemy will be targeted by both an attack of the same type and a direct attack).
  • Assassin Step: Attacks enemies with the sword 5 times while you are near an enemy, which can be limited to a maximum of 15 attacks in one action.
  • Headshot! A new weapon that will get rid of almost every enemy in the game. As you play, you'll get increasingly powerful headshots, which will help you reach the final boss alive.
  • Investigator's boni: The penalty for disobeying the law in this game is 20% less (10%); your affinity for right behavior increases by one additional level; You have the potential to give testimony in court; You have the potential to lead a public investigation.
Backpack
  • A full doctor (that has already been used to cast Summon Bones)
  • A miniature full moon
  • A Rune
  • A familiar sabre
  • A Bomb
  • Enchanted broadsword
  • Enchanted quiver
  • Magical leggings
  • The Original Man's staff
  • A set of cybernetic legs
  • Some gold
Quest Journal
  • Reach Murderville. ✓
  • Help Sebastian with his job interview in Murderville. ✓
  • Help your brother Sebastian, the demi-God get back on the dev team.
  • Solve the mystery of the so-called Missing Objects.
  • Discover what happened to the doctor.
Party
  • Sebastian, your Demi-god, game-dev brother.
  • Uriel, your friend.
  • The Original Man.
  • Jake, The White Deer Lady.
  • SARAGE the DOG.
:siren::siren::siren:
A voting window is now open!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

GOD DAMMN SARAGE THE DOG NOOO!!! :rip:

Anyway, 3 seems like the slam dunk option here.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

6 then 3

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
God drat a neural network gobbledegook generator really hitting me in the feels with that first option :qq:

quote:

SARAGE the DOG lives on.

He was always your dog.

You did not know it, but you were his hero, and he was yours.

The ones that count are never seen,

You will never live to see the sun set,

But every night, in your dreams, he will be by your side.

R.I.P.

Frame this and put it in the Louvre godamnit

8. Time to hug our brother

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
8 and then 3

I feel like he's earned an honest-to-god big-rear end hug after everything he's been through.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I want an honest-to-god bigass hug :kimchi:

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
8 then 3

Gotta show Sebastian our support with a big-rear end hug, but he'll also need his certificate for the job interview.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

7. Chekov's DRM-Free PDF

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
When we decided to become the Killer of Murderville, I didn't actually expect us to try killing someone. Good thing that Sebastian's durable.

Let's go for #3. Getting Sebastian certified is the first step to getting him back on the dev team.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
8, after that depressing (and confusing) failstate I think we all need a hug.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Wheres my LP fanart of SARAGE the DOG.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 23, 2021

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Inadequately posted:

8 and then 3

I feel like he's earned an honest-to-god big-rear end hug after everything he's been through.

My thoughts exactly

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Inadequately posted:

8 and then 3

same thoughts here

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
8. Kneel down and give him an honest-to-god big-rear end hug.
3. High-five him and hand him his certificate.

quote:

The Job interview is about to begin. You kneel down and give Sebastian an honest-to-god big-rear end hug; then you high-five him and hand him his certificate.

The crowd cheers.

"I am the only one!" you shout.

The crowd cheers.

You take off to the caves with Sebastian.

Intro to Murderville © Amazon

Orignal Manga © Amazon

Manpower © Amazon

1941 © Amazon

Kickin' It Old School © Amazon

Squad III © Amazon

REVIVAL © Amazon

Pre-order Books © Amazon

Innocent Blood © Amazon

The Name of the Wind © Amazon

Bloodgates © Amazon

So Many Deaths © Amazon

Gambling Guns © Amazon

Foolproof Tips © Amazon

Dark Messiahs © Amazon

City of Wolves © Amazon

Fat Sparrow

and the secret family secret © Amazon

Coffee Stain © Amazon

The dev team starts interviewing Sebastian:

Sebastian: "After the Dark Tower is complete, I will go back to the Savage Empire and conquer all of it."

Dev Team: "Yeah, right. You'll get bored in about 10 minutes."

Sebastian: "I'll only need a year or so to set up shop there. Plus, no one there speaks English, which means I can teach them how to speak English."

Dev Team: "Really? What will you teach them?"

Sebastian: "Right now, my advice to America: If you don't like guns, give them up. If you want them, there are much worse things than guns. Like air conditioning, DVDs, pillows, paper towels, toothpaste, microwaves, and vitamins."

Dev Team: "How old are you?"

Sebastian: "Twenty."

Dev Team: "You should go to college. You have so much potential! You're smart, funny, healthy, fearless, ambitious... and what is your favorite sport?"

Sebastian: "I don't have a favorite sport. I just like to play them. You know that sports I like? Soccer, baseball, basketball, American football, American hockey, tennis, golf, shuffleboard..."

Dev Team: "Sigh."

Sebastian: "But I like football and basketball the best."

Dev Team: "Why should we hire you?"

Sebastian: "Because you're the weird one. I know why you hired me: You're not quite sure what to do about the smartphone problem."

Dev Team: "W-what?"

Sebastian: "The smartphone problem. You know, you've been making fun of people for years, but now you can't take it anymore, so you hire someone to write a mobile app."

Dev Team: "You just said you wouldn't need a team for that."

Sebastian: "Yes, but you don't understand: Everyone needs a team. Mobile apps are an extension of your team. If you want to be successful, you need a team of people."

Dev Team: "Let's see," replies Dev Team.

Dev Team: "Where do you see yourself in five years?"

Sebastian: "I see myself with a huge mobile app empire."

Dev Team: "What do you mean?"

Sebastian: "Mobile apps are like the soul of your team. It's all about the service."

Dev Team: "What happens when your apps die? You lose your soul?"

Sebastian: "No. For example, if your app works only on Android phones, you lose your soul. If you only work on iOS, you lose your soul. If you have a team of people and nobody likes your apps, then you don't have a soul, and your mobile app empire is dead."

Dev Team: "That's a pretty morbid idea."

Sebastian: "It's what everyone thinks, but they won't admit it."

Dev Team: "We want someone who is passionate about our product."

Sebastian: "That's great. Let's see, what are you passionate about?"

Dev Team: "I'm passionate about the iPhone and iOS."

Sebastian: "Well, what do you know about Android?"

Dev Team: "I'm a developer. My software is meant to run on all different kinds of devices."

Sebastian: "I need developers. You're the guy I want."

Dev Team: "Me? You're the company? Not me? Never?"

Sebastian: "Look, here's the deal: You're the smartest guy I've met at this job. You're not as smart as you think you are, but you're definitely the smartest guy I've met so far. Do you like guns?"

Dev Team: "I like ice cream."

Sebastian: "Good. That's the first step. You like ice cream. Now you like guns."

Dev Team: "I don't know..."

Sebastian: "I know you like guns because you told me so. I made you ice cream so that you would love guns, but now you don't love guns. What can I do to get you to love guns?"

Dev Team: "I don't know...

Sebastian: "OK, you're smart. You get it. You do not love guns."

Dev Team: "I like adventure games."

Sebastian: "Perfect. You're a programmer. I know you like to program."

Dev Tean: "Tell us about your greatest weakness."

Sebastian: "I don't know, what weakness?"

Dev Tean: "I can see you're a smart guy. I know you can think of something."

Sebastian: "What is my greatest weakness? I don't know. I'm a control freak. I need to be in control of everything."

Dev Tean: "So you don't let people make mistakes?"

Sebastian: "No, I don't. I hate mistakes."

Dev Tean: "I'm sensing that you are an intuitive person."

Sebastian: "I'm not a pervert, I'm not a murderer. I'm a really bad boss. I need to be in control."

Dev Tean: "I see... OK. Tell us about your greatest strength."

Sebastian: "I'm super smart. I'm really funny. I don't care what people think of me. I'm ambitious. I like to push for my own goals. I think about things. I'm not shy. I'm a good manager."

Dev Tean: "I see... You also like to role-play as a tall man with a white beard?"

Sebastian: "Yes."

The Dev Team is deciding if Sebastian is going to be hired back.

Sebastian: "Can I bring my brother?"

Dev Team: "Of course!"

Sebastian: "This is a room of nerds. I think we'll get along just fine."

Sebastian, entering his "Outer Space" office.

The Dev Team has taken a decision: Sebastian will be hired back.

Sebastian would like you to go work with him from now on. You:
Decide what you're passionate about.

2. Apply to work at Stoic (tell us about your passion for the iPhone), or GameTrust (tell us about your passion for a PC or mobile game), or a developer on the OUYA (tell us about your passion for a mobile or PC game).

3. Take a few of your ideas to the Dev Team (they love creative people). You:

4. Set aside some time and go work with Sebastian on your ideas.

5. Refuse. (You might say you're not allowed to bring your ideas to work because the Dev Team has an elaborate system of checks and balances in place, which prevents you from making huge mistakes, and also prevents you from getting promoted in the company.)

6. You still have to solve the mystery of the Missing Objects:

Sebastian: "It's time for you to get going. You've already solved two mysteries, which are the Ludus School arena and the Ludus School. For the next mystery, you have to go to the MSC complex and find out what's happening there."

7. Goblins in the forest:

Sebastian: "What's an explanation for goblins in the forest? Is it your fault? I'm not sure that's a rhetorical question. I guess I can't blame you for something that's caused by you."

Thom "Mantis" Stormfist (A.K.A. Superhero, the Killer of Murderville), the Master Barbarian (Lv 3.6) // [Assassin] Sebastian (Lv 2) // Investigator (Lvl 1)

Attributes
  • Wisdom 11[+1]
  • Luck 6
  • Charisma 6
  • Swim 1[+1]
  • Athletics 0
  • Endurance 10[+1]
  • Health 10
  • Stamina 15
  • Stamina Recovery 10
  • Determination 1[+1]
  • Desperation 1[+1]
  • Honor 2[+2]
  • Shoot 1[+1]
  • Impress 1[+1]
  • Useful 1[+1]
  • L 1[+1]
  • Intelligence 8[+8]
  • Dexterity 2[+2]
  • Acrobatics 4[+4]
  • Umility 1[+1]
  • Courage 1[+1]
  • Competence 1[+1]
  • Run & Shoot 1[+1]
Special Skills
  • Summon Bones: Click on the corpses of people you pass to pull out your buffs - your greatest tool in manipulating the board. The more bones you have summoned, the better of a buff you will have.
  • Magic Spell: ??? the last time we have tried to cast it, we got interrupted by a skeletal arm.
  • [Armor of the Fire】 [Cruel / Mysterious / Great] [Vengeful / Confident / Sarcasm]: ??? we gained these skills when we leveled as an [Assassin] Sebastian.
  • Glide
  • You can now use the special ability which allows you to make a weapon (you have made a Bow Shotgun)
  • Nonexistent Alteration: Combine Holy Water and Blessing, transforming you into a platypus, which can only change back into its normal form once it has hit its target. This spell is your most useful spell. Since you are a telepath, you can also command animals.
  • Demigod Strength: It has the following effect: While you are on the ground, you gain a stack of three Demigod Strength. You are vulnerable while this effect is active. Any melee attack that would have taken the form of a melee attack will have its damage dealt by a direct attack of the same type (i.e. a ranged attack will deal melee damage, or a single enemy will be targeted by both an attack of the same type and a direct attack).
  • Assassin Step: Attacks enemies with the sword 5 times while you are near an enemy, which can be limited to a maximum of 15 attacks in one action.
  • Headshot! A new weapon that will get rid of almost every enemy in the game. As you play, you'll get increasingly powerful headshots, which will help you reach the final boss alive.
  • Investigator's boni: The penalty for disobeying the law in this game is 20% less (10%); your affinity for right behavior increases by one additional level; You have the potential to give testimony in court; You have the potential to lead a public investigation.
Backpack
  • A miniature full moon
  • A Rune
  • A familiar sabre
  • A Bomb
  • Enchanted broadsword
  • Enchanted quiver
  • Magical leggings
  • Some gold
Quest Journal
  • Reach Murderville. ✓
  • Help your brother Sebastian, the demi-God get back on the dev team. ✓
Party
  • Uriel, your friend.
  • The Original Man.
  • SARAGE the DOG.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

5 refuse. We still need to solve the mystery of the missing objects and what happened to the doctor.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Note to self for next job interview:
  1. Roleplay as tall man with white beard
  2. Love guns
  3. Claim I am the boss now
  4. Say that I'm a lovely boss though
  5. Bring ice cream

A fool proof plan, thanks Sebastian!

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Oh my god, that interview.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

quote:

Dev Tean: "I see... You also like to role-play as a tall man with a white beard?"

Sebastian: "Yes."

Well, he's confident, we know that much.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Reminder that the company wants to suck the life energy out of the world, so being a sociopath probably is something they look for in an applicant. (Unsurprisingly, they also seem to be owned by Amazon.)

Our honor restored, we want nothing to do with this evil.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Mods please change my name to Fat Sparrow and the secret family secret © Amazon

TIA

1 get hired onto the OUYA team, nothing can go wrong.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Too bad its's copyrighted by Amazon.

Same as the entirety of the year 1941.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

5. We can't keep holding Sebastian's hand like this. He's a fully grown demi-god after all. It's great to see all that interview training paid off, though.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

7 - Let’s meet some goblins.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

What we would hope for in America:

quote:

If you don't like guns, give them up. If you want them, there are much worse things than guns. Like air conditioning, DVDs, pillows, paper towels, toothpaste, microwaves, and vitamins."

What it's actually like:

quote:

You like ice cream. Now you like guns.

We accomplished our quest with Sebastian, so we should clear out the quest log: 6, head to the MSC complex. (I assume the 'C' stands for 'Complex' in that.)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

5/6 As much as I want to be an Ouya dev, we've got a mystery to solve

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

5. Refuse. (You might say you're not allowed to bring your ideas to work because the Dev Team has an elaborate system of checks and balances in place, which prevents you from making huge mistakes, and also prevents you from getting promoted in the company.)

quote:

Sebastian would like you to go work with him from now on. You politely refuse: afterall, you still have to solve the mystery of the Missing Objects and discover what has happened to the doctor.

Sebastian: "You don't understand, we can work together. We'll create something together. Something great. Something beautiful..."

Dev Team: "We can't work together. You don't understand the meaning of 'work' in our company. You're the boss. You're an rear end in a top hat."

Sebastian: "You're smart. You're smart enough to figure it out. I don't have time for you, you're just an idiot."

Sebastian says his goodbyes.

You gather your party and venture towards the MSC complex; Dev teams from all over the planet are pouring into the park, all with big dreams of success.

You see a group of Dev Team Members walking away from the MSC complex, you ask if they have any info on what happened.

They tell you the Dev Team was meeting in an employee room; after a few minutes, they were notified that the CEO of The Good Doctor Corporation had been found dead in his office.

It is now believed that the Good Doctor was murdered by a mysterious stranger known only as the "Invisible Man".

All Dev Team Members agree that the "Invisible Man" is the suspect; they don't know who the killer is, but they know the killer is out there, and they want to catch him. They also believe that someone in the building might have overheard something about the "Invisible Man".

As they discuss the murder, an Elf working on the MSC grounds accuses another Elf of theft. When you investigate further, you discover the Elf was actually the victim of theft. The Elf you find being attacked by 3 men has been abducted by the men, who plan to use him as a bargaining chip for the "Invisible Man".

It seems learning more about this "Invisible Man" will help you in your quest; to do so, YOU:
Contact the owner of a bar named "Viking Pub", who can be found in the gathering area of the MSC complex; learn more about the "Invisible Man" from the bartender.

2. Learn about the special event that will be happening at the MSC on the 20th of Wintergreen - there's a special MSC ticket that can be purchased for a very low price for this event.

3. Meet with Dr. Sheppard, the CEO of The Good Doctor Corporation. He will be at the MSC this weekend, to meet the guests at the upcoming event.

4. Start looking for the person who stole the Elf's cell phone.

5. Go to the Zombie Brothel, to investigate the murder of the Elf. The 3 men arrested for the murder were all "Zombie-Eaters", which is how you learn that the "Invisible Man" is a "Zombie-Eater".

6. Go to the warehouse. There, you discover that the final pieces to the puzzle of the mystery have been found. Now you just have to follow the leads.

Attributes
  • Wisdom 11[+1]
  • Luck 6
  • Charisma 6
  • Swim 1[+1]
  • Athletics 0
  • Endurance 10[+1]
  • Health 10
  • Stamina 15
  • Stamina Recovery 10
  • Determination 1[+1]
  • Desperation 1[+1]
  • Honor 2[+2]
  • Shoot 1[+1]
  • Impress 1[+1]
  • Useful 1[+1]
  • L 1[+1]
  • Intelligence 8[+8]
  • Dexterity 2[+2]
  • Acrobatics 4[+4]
  • Umility 1[+1]
  • Courage 1[+1]
  • Competence 1[+1]
  • Run & Shoot 1[+1]
Special Skills
  • Glide
Backpack
  • A miniature full moon
  • A Rune
  • A familiar sabre
  • A Bomb
  • Enchanted broadsword
  • Enchanted quiver
  • Magical leggings
  • Some gold
Quest Journal
  • Reach Murderville. ✓
Party
  • Uriel, your friend.
  • The Original Man.
  • SARAGE the DOG.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

As, uh, interesting as 5 is, let's go with 6 instead :ohno:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

3. Meet with the dead guy. Remember to use Summon Bones on him!

E: unless he's somehow actually the dead doctor that we've been carrying around, in which case we've already summoned his bones.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I sorta want to see what a zombie brothel is, but I think talking to a barkeep is probably the best choice. 1

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Pubs are usually good places to get information in these games. I bet the bartender knows something useful.

If he isn't forthcoming, we can cast Rune Stealer to try stealing some memories.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Wow we gave him a whole rear end hug and got him back on the dev team and that's how we're treated???

Oh and 5

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

1. Contact the owner of a bar named "Viking Pub", who can be found in the gathering area of the MSC complex; learn more about the "Invisible Man" from the bartender.

quote:

You decide the best way to proceed is to contact the owner of a bar named "Viking Pub", who can be found in the gathering area of the MSC complex; that way you can learn more about the "Invisible Man" from the bartender.

After having a few drinks, you head over to the Viking Pub to have a chat with the bartender.

The bartender tells you all he knows about the "Invisible Man".

Bartender: "The Invisible Man is a tall, muscular man. He looks kind of shady. He's in the building right now. He's sitting at one of the tables in the main lobby. You have to be careful of him. I know it sounds weird, but he might be dangerous."

You confirm with the bartender that he's telling the truth, and you ask him who "the Invisible Man" is.

Bartender: "I've never seen him, but I have seen that he is here. I would avoid him at all costs. If I were you, I would go into your room right now. There's a silver coin in the third drawer of your bedside table. It's made of pure gold."

You head to your room to check the coin. Upon turning over the coin, you discover a pair of goggles in the coin holder.

Bartender: "What the heck is this?!"

You ask what the goggles mean, but the bartender is too freaked out to explain.

He quickly leaves to pack his things, and you decide to go to the lobby to catch a glimpse of the mysterious man in the goggles.

Why did the bartender react that way? Are the goggles one of the Missing Objects?

When you get to the lobby, you see a large group of people congregated near the doorway to the stairwell. They're all talking, but most of the conversation is being conducted in an abnormal language.
When you approach the crowd, they quickly disperse; once they are all gone, you see the entire group was comprised of Yordles.

A Yordle is a humanoid race that lived on Krasarang Wilds for some unknown reason. While they were living there, they lived an apparently peaceful existence.

Now that the Yordles are back on Lorule, they seem to be a little unhinged. A Yordle is an urban dweller; while they can be found on farms, they prefer to be close to civilization.

A Yordle looks like a small humanoid creature with a humanoid torso and a head resembling a canine.

There's something strange about the way the Yordles are dressed, as well.

Here are a few photos from this strange group.

The Yordles are wearing an interesting apparel, don't you think?

Don't they remind you of something?

In fact, there's a reference to something called a Chozo design in the attire of the Yordles.

You decide the best way to proceed is to investigate the Yordle area; when you talk to the Yordles, they tell you that they came back from their respective cities looking for treasure. They were hoping to find something, but their looks and mannerisms lead you to believe they are experiencing extreme stress.

Yordles don't appear to be from any of the major kingdoms. They are all female, with the exception of one young Yordle male.

Strange.

You:
Ask the Yordles why they look so scared and distressed.

2. Ask the Yordles if they believe there is a treasure in the dungeon.

3. Tell the Yordles the safe word "moroa".

4. Head to the staircase and climb to the upper level.

5. Investigate the safe room on the third floor. You do not remember completing this objective.

6. Take the Lens of Truth to the fountain, the last safe room.

7. Say "Hello " to the Mirror Disk.

8. Buy the Sleeping potion from the shop.
Apparently this adventure takes place in the LOL/WOW/Zelda/Metroid mashup universe.

Attributes
  • Wisdom 11[+1]
  • Luck 6
  • Charisma 6
  • Swim 1[+1]
  • Athletics 0
  • Endurance 10[+1]
  • Health 10
  • Stamina 15
  • Stamina Recovery 10
  • Determination 1[+1]
  • Desperation 1[+1]
  • Honor 2[+2]
  • Shoot 1[+1]
  • Impress 1[+1]
  • Useful 1[+1]
  • L 1[+1]
  • Intelligence 8[+8]
  • Dexterity 2[+2]
  • Acrobatics 4[+4]
  • Umility 1[+1]
  • Courage 1[+1]
  • Competence 1[+1]
  • Run & Shoot 1[+1]
Special Skills
  • Glide
Backpack
  • A miniature full moon
  • A Rune
  • A familiar sabre
  • A Bomb
  • Enchanted broadsword
  • Enchanted quiver
  • Magical leggings
  • Some gold
  • A silver coin (made of pure gold)
  • A pair of Goggles
Quest Journal
  • Reach Murderville. ✓
Party
  • Uriel, your friend.
  • The Original Man.
  • SARAGE the DOG.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Nov 26, 2021

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Oh good, we hit the gamer part of the NN.

3. Knowing the safe word should calm the yordles down. Remember to put on the goggles at some point.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

The GM's refusal to advance the Missing Objects quest continues to amuse me.

5. It sounds like the setup to a horror scene.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Stop stop! Moroa, MOROA!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

By the way, we are most likely stopping the updates until monday due to Turkey Day. Enjoy everyone!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

1, show empathy for the Yordles

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

quote:

There's a silver coin in the third drawer of your bedside table. It's made of pure gold.

This game keeps finding new creative ways of taking the piss.

Seems like we should accomplish that mysterious objective that we knew nothing about before now. Let's do #5.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Blastinus posted:

This game keeps finding new creative ways of taking the piss.

Seems like we should accomplish that mysterious objective that we knew nothing about before now. Let's do #5.

Looks like the AI agrees with you. There are a lot of very good reasons to investigate the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Tunicate posted:

Looks like the AI agrees with you. There are a lot of very good reasons to investigate the room.

Hey now, no cheating!

All very good points btw.