Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm not going to excoriate anyone for wanting to have kids but that is definitely one reason among many that I will not. There is no need for more people on earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Death isn't absurd at all. It's very simple and pure

Weka posted:

If you're referring to the study that said 71% of carbon emissions are caused by 100 companies then I'd like to clarify that. When you buy petrol from BP that counts towards their total carbon emissions. Regulating their operation is obviously the only effective way forward but that regulation would neccesarily lead to massive reductions in individual carbon footprints for people in the 1st world.

Putting it on individuals is not correct. Putting it on companies serving the consumptive needs of individuals is also not quite right. It's nothing less than a human race issue that won't be solved by anything else but the human race itself.

It annoys me a bit when people just shift all responsibility. A billion people and hundreds of companies and governments doing the same is a part of how the problem continues to get worse. Everyone should do what they can and take responsibility for the things they have power over.