Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Is this an intentional fee to motivate movement of empty containers, or is this the result of the existing regulations that are contributing to the bottleneck?

My understanding is that one of the major issues driving this bottleneck is that containers can only be stacked 2 high, meaning that surplus containers are being left on chassis. It seems really dumb that they haven't temporarily suspended these rules to help alleviate a global supply chain crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

So chiming in from BC, Canada. I'm in the lower mainland region that got completely cut off from the rest of the country due to flooding taking out every highway, railway, and road out of here.

We have a non mandatory 30L limit on pumping gas in some areas, ground beef is in short supply, and I cannot find Hawkins brand Cheesies anywhere in town. That's all so far in terms of impacts.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

IT BURNS posted:

Have a friend in Vancouver I need to check on, apparently the city is cut off from the rest of Canada, gently caress.

Yea, I live just north up the highway from Vancouver, and am in the same isolation zone as your friend. The Lower Mainland is Vancouver + the surrounding cities and towns for around 50-100 km.

We're fine. We have one of the biggest ports in the country, and road access to the US required minimal repairs so we can still get goods from you guys.

It's interesting because where we do see shortages indicates what we were getting produced in country and trucked in from the east. Like those drat Cheesies.