Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I live in Maryland, We doing fine over here. I think the port of Baltimore is even going "Hey shiiiips come over here, we got room and brand new fancy cranes for you to unload with"*

*We had a delivery of brand new all electric container cranes like last month. Cranes so big they barely fit under the bridges on the way.*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I work in mental health and with the homeless. In the mental health side there have been some impacts, like the labtechs having issues with getting new supplies for doing their work. But personally we are so backstockpiled with things from the heavy days of the pandemic that things being late are not impacting us currently, I am sure it will catch up.

For the homeless side its dialed down the rate of donations, but frankly the little old church ladies who bring stuff are still coming fairly regularly.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I should say there was a personal issue with my spouses car engine replacement, but the engines finally arrived and we should have the car back by thanskgiving.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

My turkey was normal priced.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Bar Ran Dun posted:

https://www.npr.org/transcripts/1056299014

Looks like other people are starting to reach my conclusions.

I listened to that piece on the radio, thought it was very interesting.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Foxfire_ posted:

Congress is bizarrely actually doing a thing: https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/4996.

Federal Maritime Commission is ?probably? getting powers back that they lost during deregulation in the 80s

It looks like enough businesses got peeved by the supply chain issues to light a fire under their congresscritters.

But good is good, let the regulations flow forth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

For me: Chicken 99c per lb (unchanged but we are a major chicken producing state and it mostly comes very very fresh so makes sense)
Pork 4.9 per lb (Higher than it used to be but ok)
Steak: 10 per lb on the low end
It is literally cheaper for me to buy fish than it is to buy steak at the moment which is weird

Also there is never the new pepsi zero max for some reason. Plenty of everything else but I only see the odd bottle that must have slipped by the pepsi blockade or something.