Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1482087905820618759

The more stories I see like this, the more I think the Democrats are doomed in November. The "Everything's fine, back to normal" viewpoint doesn't work when people are constantly seeing signs of collapse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think the reason Dems love early voting is because it locks the votes in before the October surprise.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

has anyone heard from gene hackman fan?
Someone allegedly broke into the Pelosi house and attacked Paul Pelosi with a hammer while shouting "where's Nancy?"
doctors are saying he's gonna fully recover, so the story is either fishy or a goon project
How do you beat an 82 year old alcoholic with a hammer and not do lasting damage? Was Paul just that hopped up on adrenochrome? Does his phylactery give him +5 against blunt damage?

Maybe there's some truth to the speculation that COVID makes some people more violent.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

HallelujahLee posted:

lol isnt WA supposed to be a safe blue one

It gets more red east of the Cascades, but yes, being home to a major metropolitan area makes it a solid blue state.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe if the Dems had addressed material conditions instead of telling everyone things were fine they wouldn't be speedrunning the Weimar.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I can't relate to Joe eating an ice cream cone because they're too expensive.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm doing my part to get out the vote. Told my ultra conservative dad who's usually too lazy to vote that there's a chance Patty Murray might lose.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FistEnergy posted:

the GOP is the endgame boss but you can't damage them until you break their force field, which is generated by the weak/stupid quisling DNC mini-boss

Players are so afraid of the phase change mechanics they'd rather wail on the force field ineffectively than do that.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nix Panicus posted:

The democrats intervened and coopted all of that energy into a bland generic commandment to vote while supporting the cops and repeating the right wing propaganda that the protesters were lawless rioters.

And what's wrong with being a lawless rioter?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Didn't read.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ardennes posted:

It is rather ironic that the highest he has ever got was a congressmen and since January 2019 he has simply been a professional campaigner. I guess it beats being the mayor of a college town.

Highest Beto ever got was on a table.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah they're gonna sweep the senate lmao

look at the GOP in 2022 how fuckin pathetic do you need to be to lose to that poo poo goddamn

That special kind of pathetic that succdems want to see in power.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

lol his probation is up next year

i wonder if he will return

I hope so.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FistEnergy posted:

I've seen enough polls and early vote totals to feel confident.

I'm predicting six D&D meltdowns, eleven CSPAM posters probed for posting in D&D, and four new D&D subsection rules

keep your head on a swivel, folks

Calling two D&D bans, one because the poster threatened violence and the other for getting in a slapfight over another D&D poster's purity because of something trivial like pointing out a flaw in a loser's campaign.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gresh posted:

whats thy needle say

Comedy.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So who won?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Democrat tradition of considering the House the lesser branch of congress continues.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Very cool that rich rear end in a top hat Dems in congress will be able to ignore skyrocketing prices for another two years. Has a new goonbucks thread materialized yet?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You have more in common with a poor conservative than with a rich liberal.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

never trust polls

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They're all different levels of BEB.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DeSantis is so much worse than Trump, I really hope he never becomes President.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

cspam thought that the democrats would be destroyed because they're rank incompetents, which was entirely true

it just turns out that the republicans are that as well

Let's never forget that Trump was an anomaly and the Republicans are the people who gladly run bland old weirdos every four years. :mitt:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Republicans have both MTG and Rubio cards?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Do a railroad strike (in minecraft)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

eXXon posted:

She never fit perfectly in either national party. One truly wonders what could have been if the Democrats had only been more tolerant and open-minded of true mavericks.

It's hard out there for a conservative brony.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

sOil

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Trump was the only one willing to meet with North Korea without any preconditions, he's much better at diplomacy than the Biden admin.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think it'd be funny if Hillary tried to primary Biden out. It'd cause a civil war in the party.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Too Long; Didn't Read 2: Too Incoherent; Couldn't Parse.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

The important thing to know is Biden's most recent gaff is saying his father returned home from 10/7 to find Hamas had destroyed everything but his menorah was still intact

This one was an actual gaff and he did stumble on saying my instead of a father. He does not appear to think his father is still alive and an Israeli settler

lol, thanks

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Cancel the election. Democracy must be saved from itself.

Dems gonna stop the steal

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

I was curious about '20 vs '21 - "The one-night counts are conducted by CoCs nationwide and occur during the last week in January of each year." So a week after Biden was sworn in.

So Trump had solved homelessness and Biden brought it back?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nothingburger. The true sicko move would be if Florida did it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the liberal aspires toward winning grand victories using rules lawyering. if they just point out the right paragraph and subsection the bad guys will be defeated forever and dumbledore will arbitrarily assign eleventy billion points to griffindor.

And if the rules ever say the liberal loses, the rules are bad and need to be changed. Notice how they talk about dismantling the Electoral College every time a Republican wins but the issue quietly goes away after a Democrat wins.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

the bitcoin of weed posted:

representation is important

The only sadbrained slob I want to see in power is me.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SixteenShells posted:

if you alienate your base because you don't want to scare off donors, then what are you using the donation money for?

Fundraising dinners, staying in fancy hotels while on the campaign trail.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ClassActionFursuit posted:

It's mysterious why they desire money if it isn't furthering their goals. Hillary famously outspent Trump 2:1 and Jeb! of course spent $50m per delegate. The TAL piece seemed to measure a party's success by dollars raised, full stop. Even as the party chair explained that the appropriate metrics might be seats held, won, or converted, by policies passed, or even, perhaps, by actual votes, the entire focus was on fundraising alone and despite the party chair being an absolute kook by any reasonable standard, I can't fault her logic on this.

lol, I forgot about the spend ratio. She just couldn't appeal.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

They've already exhausted all of their threats years ago. "If Republicans do _____ we will RIOT!" followed by Republicans doing just that and no rioting. All they'll do is blame progressives and talk about how maybe we need more tolerance for open fascism /genocide in the big tent.

I think my favorite is people shouting "I'll die under Trump," and going into histrionic rants about how the second he's in office, Republicans will give the cops permission to perform a Kristallnacht event, seizing people from their homes en masse, when it clearly never happened during the first four years Trump was President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

All I'm saying is if the only thing keeping someone "alive" is their privileged status under the lesser evil, they should check that privilege before they start browbeating people who are upset about how they or their families are dying as long as either evil wins over good. Is it any wonder why people who are affected by the Palestine war are sick and tired of blue no matter who bullshit?