Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

You see 2016 was an intentional tank job to secure the #1 overall pick so we can rebuild the party into a winner!

"With the first pick in the 2020 draft, the Democrats select Joe Biden, Senator from MBNA."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Centrist Committee posted:

I can’t even imagine the liberal psychosis that is coming in 2022 but I know it’s going to be hilarious

They'll blame the left, get more racist, and go whole hog on whatever conspiracy theory MSNBC feeds them. Probably something about China.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

love that the entire mainstream media is made up of people who are both too well taken care of and too loving stupid to understand literally anything that's going on in this world. just hundreds of people writing think pieces about the alternate reality they live in.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Laterite posted:

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

David Brooks told me that Biden is succeeding, actually.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

etalian posted:

I can't wait for Comrade Chris Hedges to be right on the endgame for the corrupt US political system.

Chris Hedges talks are so depressing to listen to. You can tell from the tone of his voice alone that everything he is saying is true and nothing will be done to prevent it.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

StratGoatCom posted:

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1463531141265297410

Biden was simply unfit for the task at hand
And the party will never recover

Literally my entire life the Democrats have only cared about being marginally better than the Republicans rather than actually helping people and this is where it led them. The face of the party is a dying old man who is left holding the bag of a collapsing empire. It's all they will ultimately be remembered for. gently caress em.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

30.5 Days posted:

Capital is definitely alarmed that the labor market is actually functioning efficiently for once as workers are, broadly, not as willing to stay in bad jobs or apply for bad jobs out of desperation. Many blame the checks for that even though it makes zero loving sense.

It makes sense when you realize they truly believed what they were saying when they claimed the checks would cover 6 months of expenses for the average family.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

oh my god i didn't think they could get more pathetic than the $0.16 off your BBQ tweet.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Best Friends posted:

it's incredible. a political movement about nothing.

George: What did you do today?

"Uh, I got up and called some donors."

George: There's a movement! That's a movement!

"How is that a movement?"

Jerry: Well, maybe you do something to help people...

George: No, no, no! Nothing happens!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

From r/politics of all places:

Student loan repayments are restarting soon: Here's what you need to know

"What you need to know: Biden works on behalf of the banks, not you."

"Definitely lied to get our votes last year. I'll be sure not to make the same mistake."

"Whelp, guess I’m not voting in 2022 or 2024. I guess we are all going to burn together."

"What Biden needs to know: If he lets student loan payments resume, I'll be punishing him and the Dems in the next two elections with protest votes"

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Astra Taylor rules and watching Examined Life in college opened me up to a ton of new ideas and made me a lifelong reader of Cornel West and Zizek.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

It's a little hard to read but that's:

Urban Democrats down 16 points.

Democrats 18-49 down 17 points.

African Americans down 21 points.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

it's not uncommon. you'll even get conservatives from time to time, who claim that marx was right about some narrow little thing in a specific set of circumstances, then leverage that claim as a rhetorical device to justify whatever reactionary garbage they've got cooking.

I don't think chris hedges is a reactionary, but he's doing basically the same thing: "see, I'm hip, marx was right about one or two things, now let's do all this other poo poo that definitely would have had marx saying 'no don't do that it will never work you idiot, you loving moron'"

The first thing I ever read about Marxism was this lovely short little intro book that got a lot of details wrong and included a long final chapter about how everything you just read is actually dumb and history has proven it wrong because capitalism gave us treats and everyone is very happy now (it was either written in the 90s or early 00s).

Anyway, jokes on that guy because even with his lovely description of Marxism it was the first time the world was explained to me in a way that made sense and by the time I got to that final chapter I was like "lmao eat poo poo revisionist, I'm gonna read the man himself now".

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Miss me yet?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

If it was Francine Roosevelt she would have ended misogyny 80 years ago but y'all ain't ready to have that conversation 💅

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

LF was the only decent online leftist space for a very long time and the dorks who always feel the need to disavow it are dumb.

Like whoa you mean this politics forum had dumb people and bad posts? No way....

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

empty whippet box posted:

always thought this was a dumbass thing to say tbh

Liberals always took it to mean "just sit back and enjoy life knowing that progress is being made all the time behind the scenes"

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Vim Fuego posted:

They did lose that election. They know that, right?

nuh uh my controller was broken mom says you have to give me a do over

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

spacemang_spliff posted:

I've bitched about it a lot but what they called infrastructure is really just maintaining or fixing roads and bridges. if you have like hosed up sewers in your neighborhood that cause your sewers to back up when it rains 3" in a day (a more and more common happening now that climate change is accelerating) then you're still stuck yelling at various local government bodies to spend money on infrastructure that they don't have lol

One of the many reasons I got out of this dying city:

https://www.floridabulldog.org/2020/07/fort-lauderdale-sewer-calamity-blamed-budget-strategy/ posted:

State regulators did what they could to prevent the Fort Lauderdale sewer mess that experts predicted years before a major pipeline sprang leaks in December–and kept on spewing waste for almost three months.

But Fort Lauderdale failed to protect itself. Now, in the middle of a pandemic, the city is fighting a costly rearguard action to restore the sewage system, rescue marine life and preserve clean water.

While there is no villain in this saga, the state blames a budgeting technique that siphoned funds away from sewer projects to other services at times when the money was desperately needed for sewer projects. 

Lol "no villain in this saga"

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Dems are never gonna permanently fix one of the biggest issues they use to shame people into voting for them.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Jabronie posted:

Despite my efforts I'm still on their mailing lists and get the saddest emailers. Your own voters see right through this Access to healthcare poo poo and don't even accidently vote for it in the poll.

Everyone who answers G gets issued a lanyard and is given a job at the DNC.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

my mom was convinced that obama was a nice man and was completely uninterested in evidence to the contrary.

I hate the tan suit thing because they take it as Obama being so squeaky clean that Fox News was desperate to find anything negative to say about him when in reality they couldn't criticize him on policy because they actually agreed with the vast majority of what he was doing.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

and just think, there's still 7 more months for the dems to gently caress more things up.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/740370539622084608?s=20&t=6k9G3rSrq-NW8ew4F-yFMQ

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

VBNMW people are literally the consoomer meme

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

He literally said during the campaign that the Republicans would go back to normal once Trump was gone like the head vampire being killed.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Here's how Hillary can still win:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

There is no civilization in Ohio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I would love to laugh in a Biden canvasser's face but I have of bunch of gun toting Trump psychos in my neighborhood so no way are they coming here.