Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Willo567 posted:

so why was pac-man one of the only classic 80's-90's characters that reproduced? why don't mario and sonic have kids with peach and amy?

ever hear of Bowser Jr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Toads are Mario's offspring, canonically

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
PAC Man biology is so foreign to us that we think nothing of him hungrily consuming the egg sacs deposited by the female of the species.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mario, Peach, and Bowser have been stuck in a sitcom will-they-won't-they love triangle for decades with no end in sight

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Willo567 posted:

so why was pac-man one of the only classic 80's-90's characters that reproduced? why don't mario and sonic have kids with peach and amy?

pac-man fucks

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mario has nothing down there, he's smooth like a barbie doll

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Mario and Co. occasionally get turned into babies I guess

EDIT\/\/\/\/

v puzzling

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Monkey Fracas posted:

Mario and Co. occasionally get turned into babies I guess

As the sports games show Baby Mario and Mario are separate indistinct beings

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dr. baby Mario....

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Willo567 posted:

sonic is volcel and amy is 12

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
If ya’ll read the lore, you would know that the tragedy of Mario is that the only pipe he can’t unclog is his own.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
that said there are some relevant comic panels i can post when i get home

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/DaysUntilEW/status/1465606537049686017?t=V7bdffelFBbHvL3wm6OBWg&s=19

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI96zBWs2xA

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

laughing at the extremely lewd Asari on the skateboard

it got a gang tag

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Dang I gotta resub soon. Finished up to patch 5.3 I think?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

just started Guardians of the Galaxy, goddamn this better than I thought it would be. Iit actually looks graphically fantastic; kind of funny how Squeenix published this and Avengers. Hope they give Eidos the nod to make more of this stuff, they nailed the Mass Effect-lite gameplay and character interactions. I'm kind of stunned at how often a character remarks on the things I do i.e. go off to collect a thing, suggest the wrong thing, gently caress up a combo or make a decision that gets shoved in my face long after. The devs really cared about making it a fun experience----right under Spider-Man I think it's probably the best Marvel game in the last decade.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dead Rising 4 is really the kind of game that makes you go "aw jeez, how long is this"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

DLC Inc posted:

just started Guardians of the Galaxy, goddamn this better than I thought it would be. Iit actually looks graphically fantastic; kind of funny how Squeenix published this and Avengers. Hope they give Eidos the nod to make more of this stuff, they nailed the Mass Effect-lite gameplay and character interactions. I'm kind of stunned at how often a character remarks on the things I do i.e. go off to collect a thing, suggest the wrong thing, gently caress up a combo or make a decision that gets shoved in my face long after. The devs really cared about making it a fun experience----right under Spider-Man I think it's probably the best Marvel game in the last decade.

I really want to play this one. But even though it got favorable reviews and people seemed to like it a lot I'm convinced it will be a lot cheaper relatively soon.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is the DLC menu for Dead Rising 4: Frank's Big Package supposed to be broken

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Andrast posted:

pac-man fucks

according to ms. pac-man, jr pac-man was brought to them by a stork, which is reinforced in the attraction for jr.pac-man

please ask me more about pac-man lore

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 30, 2021

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Willo567 posted:

according to ms. pac-man, jr pac-man was brought to them by a stork, which is reinforced in the attraction for jr.pac-man

Those ghosts: what is their deal

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Willo567 posted:

the stork brought the kid after they hosed

Andrast fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 30, 2021

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Scaly Haylie posted:

Dead Rising 4 is really the kind of game that makes you go "aw jeez, how long is this"

I played a lot of DR1 and was then thrilled to find that 2 iterated a bit on the formula but gave me more of the same feeling

it's been agonizing watching the downward slide from DR2 to 3 (which wasn't that bad but certainly worse than 2) to the release of a flat-out bad game with 4

just watching an interesting, unique series not just stagnate and cease to be interesting but divebomb straight into a garbage dump

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played DR4 expecting a bland zombie action game witch everything unique remove for 'popular appeal' and it turned out to be that and also a broken janky-rear end straight up bad game on top.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Those ghosts: what is their deal

the pac-people's farts that have gained sentience - when pac-man is dying he's actually just passing out from the terrible smell

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Willo567 posted:

Not everyone is capable of getting it on like Donkey Kong

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How are these the same character?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Puberty hits some people really hard

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jay Rust posted:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Pac mans come along way since pac man

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pac-Man has had a rough transition into 3D.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

okay i lied about the ghost fart thing. idk pac-man is just a big racist against ghosts, as seen in jr. pac-man where him and ms. pac-man try to prevent jr. from seeing blinky's daughter yum-yum

and no i'm not making this up

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

In Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures, the ghosts are the minions of a witch.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Scaly Haylie posted:

Is the DLC menu for Dead Rising 4: Frank's Big Package supposed to be broken

Ah. How easy is it to make a European PSN account?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

The same way NES Mario and the Mario we know today are the game character. Pac-Man's appearance in World and Smash is always how he looked in Japan, even going back to the first advertisements for Pac-Man where he was called Puck-Man

https://twitter.com/jcmartinezm82/status/1446980524694773764

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Scaly Haylie posted:

Ah. How easy is it to make a European PSN account?

Very but if it's paid DLC you'll need to acquire EU PSN bucks from somewhere.

You can literally just make a new account and set your location to Europe and now it's an EU account.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Willo567 posted:

okay i lied about the ghost fart thing. idk pac-man is just a big racist against ghosts, as seen in jr. pac-man where him and ms. pac-man try to prevent jr. from seeing blinky's daughter yum-yum

and no i'm not making this up

A modern day Romeo and Juliet story

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Very but if it's paid DLC you'll need to acquire EU PSN bucks from somewhere.

You can literally just make a new account and set your location to Europe and now it's an EU account.

If they make me pay for the Sissel outfit I was promised I'm gonna go apeshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Willo567 posted:

The same way NES Mario and the Mario we know today are the game character. Pac-Man's appearance in World and Smash is always how he looked in Japan, even going back to the first advertisements for Pac-Man where he was called Puck-Man

https://twitter.com/jcmartinezm82/status/1446980524694773764

it was supposed to be gently caress-Man but they misread it