Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Scaly Haylie posted:

If they make me pay for the Sissel outfit I was promised I'm gonna go apeshit

The only dlc I can see for it is free so you're good to go probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Jay Rust posted:

How are these the same character?

he lost his limbs in the paccident

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think I'm working myself into doing a parasite eve playthrough on Dec 25 lol

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

The only dlc I can see for it is free so you're good to go probably

SEVENTEEN GIGABYTES????

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Also I made a European account only to realize that the thing that was broken wasn't the DLC but my ability to get to it via Dead Rising 4 itself, got it just fine on my main account through the store

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
unfortunately the menu still launches dead rising 4, instead of a good game!!!!!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
pac man is cool but i wish the namco rep in smash bros was don-chan because don-chan ftw

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Scaly Haylie posted:

Also I made a European account only to realize that the thing that was broken wasn't the DLC but my ability to get to it via Dead Rising 4 itself, got it just fine on my main account through the store

It was probably 'broken' because it was trying to access the EU store. If the DLC you downloaded was the US version the game won't recognise it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

unfortunately the menu still launches dead rising 4, instead of a good game!!!!!

It will be strictly better if I can dress up as Sissel, is the thing.

Sakurazuka posted:

It was probably 'broken' because it was trying to access the EU store. If the DLC you downloaded was the US version the game won't recognise it.

Nah, I'm saying I got the same result doing it from a EU account. I think the way it accesses the store period is busted.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
my favorite piece of pac-man trivia is sakurai absolutely refusing to use pac-man's ghostly adventures redesign, to the point where he even threatened not to put pac-man in smash 4 if namco made him use it, when for every other company he listens to the owner's wishes for how their characters are represented in smash

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Willo567 posted:

my favorite piece of pac-man trivia is sakurai absolutely refusing to use pac-man's ghostly adventures redesign, to the point where he even threatened not to put pac-man in smash 4 if namco made him use it, when for every other company he listens to the owner's wishes for how their characters are represented in smash

yeah they're so different

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

pac man is cool but i wish the namco rep in smash bros was don-chan because don-chan ftw

It could've been reiko nagase and her sister from ace combat IMHO reiko can drive the three wheel terrazi car from R4 and when she hits the jump button it transforms into an F-14A

what was Sakurai thinking???

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dead Rising 2 got Lifeseeker (they did Gone Guru, the song that traumatized a generation) to write a Ballad of Frank West lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93y2qWZzdbQ

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

More like Dead Rising Poor

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

Frank's Meager Package

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Poor is literally the reason I'm going through my backlog

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Scaly Haylie posted:

Poor is literally the reason I'm going through my backlog

do not feel obligated to finish DR4

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

do not feel obligated to finish DR4

I knew what I was getting into when I conceived of this wheel business, Mr. Fracas.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Chuck Greene got done dirty, everyone just wants to play the version of DR2 starring Frank West where they turned Chuck into a crazed psycho. It’s like he’s been ousted from his own game by popular consensus

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hatty posted:

Chuck Greene got done dirty, everyone just wants to play the version of DR2 starring Frank West where they turned Chuck into a crazed psycho. It’s like he’s been ousted from his own game by popular consensus

Case Zero and Case West were pretty good also. He's in 3 some too

Chuck's fun, he makes dad jokes the whole time and just wants some medicine for his kid and some coffee

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
...so when I originally stopped playing Neverwinter Nights back in 2008, I did not exactly imagine that it would still be generating gaming news in TYOOL 2021 lol:

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition-gets-hd-boost-with-4gb-texture-pack-3107060

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/41gb-of-hd-models-and-textures-added-to-neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition/

It's a mad world we live in (but quite awesome, in this one small way).

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Welp, DLC is fully downloaded and seems to be stuck on "Waiting to install". When I go into my downloads menu and tell it to go right ahead and install it loving doesn't

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

This DLC cannot find Dead Rising 4 and I am declaring it blind

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You're trying to use US DLC with an EU copy of the game like I said earlier, the game and DLC both have to be from the same region.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 30, 2021

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

You're trying to use US DLC with an EU copy of the game like I said earlier

Yeah, I honestly think I might have grabbed the DLC on the wrong account so I'm grabbing the EU version of it now. The issue with the DLC option on Dead Rising 4's main menu seems to be unrelated as it happens even when I'm on my fresh new European account.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Abolish nations so I don't have to be sober to install Dead Rising DLC

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You'd want this twisted game to be reset...

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

If the DLC doesn't work after this I can and will go apeshit

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I just watched a video about a KPOP fusion group based on League of Legends characters put together by Riot Games who have topped the world digital chart multiple times and I've never felt so old, confused, and alone

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

K-pop is being astroturfed into popular culture. It'll go away in a couple years.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Play posted:

I just watched a video about a KPOP fusion group based on League of Legends characters put together by Riot Games who have topped the world digital chart multiple times and I've never felt so old, confused, and alone

One of them has depression because of all the people she's murdered to fuel her magic powers or some poo poo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gaius Marius posted:

K-pop is being astroturfed into popular culture. It'll go away in a couple years.

We can only hope

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SeXReX posted:

One of them has depression because of all the people she's murdered to fuel her magic powers or some poo poo

Same

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

SeXReX posted:

wow. deep.

they explained in the video that even though they are league of legends characters they actually live in our world. or something? I found that a bit confusing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Play posted:

wow. deep.

they explained in the video that even though they are league of legends characters they actually live in our world. or something? I found that a bit confusing

Seems like the fbi should look into that or something

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Willo567 posted:

The same way NES Mario and the Mario we know today are the game character. Pac-Man's appearance in World and Smash is always how he looked in Japan, even going back to the first advertisements for Pac-Man where he was called Puck-Man

https://twitter.com/jcmartinezm82/status/1446980524694773764

The Lore of the Pac-Man

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What are some good pikmin-esque games

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

What are some good pikmin-esque games

they're not quite as good but the Overlord series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU