Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mods add the games plz

edit: :ok:

Help Im Alive posted:

shameful OP with no list of games

Apex Legends: Escape [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – November 2
First Class Trouble [PS5, PS4] – November 2
Giants Uprising [PC] – November 2
Knockout City [PS5, XSX] – November 2
World War Z [Switch] – November 2
Bloodshore [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – November 3
Time Loader [PC] – November 3
Demon Turf [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – November 4
Just Dance 2022 [PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch, Stadia] – November 4
Pinchcliffe Grand Prix [PC, Switch] – November 4
Prison Simulator [PC] – November 4
Spacelines From The Far Out [PC, XBO] – November 4
Starsand [PC] – November 4
Super Sami Roll [PS5, Switch] – November 4
To The Rescue! [PC] – November 4
Animal Crossing: New Horizons Update 2.0 [Switch] – November 5
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Happy Home Paradise DLC [Switch] – November 5

Call of Duty: Vanguard [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – November 5
Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation Code Fairy Volume 1 [PS5, PS4] – November 5
Airborne Kingdom [PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – November 9
Disney Classic Games Collection [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – November 9
Football Manager 2022 [PC] – November 9
Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition [XBO] – November 9
Forza Horizon 5 [PC, XSX, XBO] – November 9
Jurassic World Evolution 2 [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – November 9
My Singing Monsters Playground [PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – November 9
Final Fantasy 5 pixel remaster [PC] – November 10
Breakwaters [PC] – November 11
Epic Chef [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – November 11
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – November 11
Kainga: Seeds of Civilization [PC] – November 11
Killer in the Cabin [PC] – November 11
Megaquarium: Architect’s Collection DLC [PC] – November 11
Skyrim Special Edition [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – November 11
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic [Switch] – November 11
Punk Wars [PC] – November 12
Shin Megami Tensei 5 [Switch] – November 12
Sherlock Holmes Chapter One [PC, PS5, XSX] – November 16
Guild of Dungeoneering Ultimate Edition [PC] – November 18
Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year edition [PC, XSX] – November 18
Microsoft Flight Simulator: Reno Air Races Expansion Pack [PC, XSX] – November 18
Microsoft Flight Simulator: Reno Air Races Full Collection [PC, XSX] – November 18
Undungeon [PC, XBO] – November 18
Battlefield 2042 [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – November 19
Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation Code Fairy Volume 2 [PS5, PS4] – November 19
NERF: Legends [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – November 19
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl [Switch] – November 19
Death's Door [PC, PS5, PS4] – November 23
Final Fantasy 14 Endwalker expansion [PC, PS5, PS4] – November 23 (19th if you preorder I think)
Cricket 22: The Official Game of The Ashes [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – November 25
Len's Island [PC] – November 26
Beyond a Steel Sky [PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – November 30
ANVIL: Vault Breakers [PC] – November TBC
Kid A Mnesia [PS5] – November TBC
Smalland [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – November TBC
Venba [PC] – November TBC

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

first

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
second

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Technically I was first :eng101:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Serious, Is nov the shittiest month? It's cold enough to mean you gotta wear a real jacket, but no snow. No good holidays, nothing good coming out. Just absolute poo poo filler month, I recommend everyone skip this season and move on to December

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

November is good jacket weather where I'm at.

Pumpkin pie and nog in the stores, love it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If you get your pie from Costco I loving hate you

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I’ve always wanted to post in one of these but I was intimidated by the page counts. I like the video games?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

as stated in the previous thread there are several good things coming out, both of which are contenders for goty for a lot of people :colbert:

also our state got snow in like loving june this year so i'm used to weird rear end weather

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Chasiubao posted:

I’ve always wanted to post in one of these but I was intimidated by the page counts. I like the video games?

Welcome please post

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

Serious, Is nov the shittiest month? It's cold enough to mean you gotta wear a real jacket, but no snow. No good holidays, nothing good coming out. Just absolute poo poo filler month, I recommend everyone skip this season and move on to December

I guess if you like snow it sucks but after my first crash I kinda hate snow. Plus where I live November snow is basically a guarantee anyway, so November is Okay now that I’m not (directly) in retail anymore.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Chasiubao posted:

Just post friend, the worst that can happen is that you’re boring white noise like me. :)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It snows here like once every 10 years so that's non factor

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Chasiubao posted:

breh just post

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

I guess if you like snow it sucks but after my first crash I kinda hate snow. Plus where I live November snow is basically a guarantee anyway, so November is Okay now that I’m not (directly) in retail anymore.

Naw money we get snow here in Nov, but it's still like the lovely fake snow, not like the legit Dec snow

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Mix. posted:

as stated in the previous thread there are several good things coming out, both of which are contenders for goty for a lot of people :colbert:

what's going on here

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
November is my birthday month so it is very special to me.

Also if I get into FFVII proper as well then I AM going to try to go through a few of the games on the list of jRPGs that Rarity sent me. It was a lot. No idea if I can ever get through all of them. The conversation went something like this:

VG: Please! Some recommendations!!
Rarity: Are you sure you want to open this forbidden door?
VG: I am sure.
Rarity: I warned you.
Rarity: deep breath
Rarity: all the final fantasies from 4 onwards except 13, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Dragon Quest 8 and 11 and probably some of the other ones, Persona 3-5, the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, Paper Mario, the SaGa franchise, Secret of Mana, Xenogears, the Atelier series, Live-a-Live, Sukioden franchise, Breath of Fire 1-4, SKIES OF ARCADIA, Grandia 1+2, Star Ocean franchise except 3, Fire Emblem. The Trails series because there are 12 of them and they're one big story oh and Wild Arms and all its sequels.
Rarity: and the illusion of gaia trilogy
Rarity: and the secret of evermore
Rarity: oh and EARTHBOUND
Rarity: sorry I'll stop now.
VG: Holy
VG: Moly.

There are a lot there I have never heard of. Some I have heard the whisperings of here about their greatness and I am thinking to go for those. Needless to say, let me finish FFVII first and we shall see how I feel.

Currently though, it is looking VERY good. I am running around a world map away from a giant snake on a chocobo having had fun in Kalm and regaling stories from the past. This is where I paused yesterday. So I am way past where the remake ends and man, this is exciting and interesting territory for me!! :3:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Chairchucker posted:

what's going on here

idk SMTV is the only good game coming out this decade

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

Also if I get into FFVII proper as well then I AM going to try to go through a few of the games on the list of jRPGs that Rarity sent me. It was a lot. No idea if I can ever get through all of them. The conversation went something like this:

Rarity: all the final fantasies from 4 onwards except 13, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Dragon Quest 8 and 11 and probably some of the other ones, Persona 3-5, the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, Paper Mario, the SaGa franchise, Secret of Mana, Xenogears, the Atelier series, Live-a-Live, Sukioden franchise, Breath of Fire 1-4, SKIES OF ARCADIA, Grandia 1+2, Star Ocean franchise except 3, Fire Emblem. The Trails series because there are 12 of them and they're one big story oh and Wild Arms and all its sequels.

There are a lot there I have never heard of. Some I have heard the whisperings of here about their greatness and I am thinking to go for those. Needless to say, let me finish FFVII first and we shall see how I feel.

Currently though, it is looking VERY good. I am running around a world map away from a giant snake on a chocobo having had fun in Kalm and regaling stories from the past. This is where I paused yesterday. So I am way past where the remake ends and man, this is exciting and interesting territory for me!! :3:

If only there was a way to play suikoden 1 and 2 on ps5 :(

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I have not seriously played a game since Dread (other than some quick rounds of Nova Drift and trying out some other random roguelites etc.).

Have become really addicted to reading. Smashed through the first two Malazan books again the past few weeks (will get to book 3 soon which is the last one I read before I gave up last time I tried to get through the series). Currently reading Dune for the first time and drat this is good and how have I not read this considering I was so into Dune 2 (the video game) as a kid!!

After seeing that list of jrpgs I'm mighty tempted to start playing some... Think I said at the start of the year I would try get into some but I think now I've got the reading bug I might be more motivated if I can find some with really good stories :D

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Chairchucker posted:

what's going on here

the town i grew up in used 'several' as any number between 2-10 which has given me a terminal case of confusing people whenever i use the word because I'm used to it being variable (same for few being 3-7) :v:

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Also I am very excited for the GTA trilogy on switch. Something about being able to just play those three games again (and on a handheld!!) which dominated my pre and early teens is so exciting :D

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's by the team that did the godawful mobile ports so don't get your hopes up

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Endwalker better be good God. Damnit.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Rarity's list implies you should play star oceans after 3, and therefore cannot be trusted.

Thread question: aside from what he's already played/playing if you had to give VG a JRPG reading list limited to 5 games what do you pick? The goal of your list is up to you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

I just really love JRPGs :blush:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jib4kj03l8w&t=18s

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

Rarity's list implies you should play star oceans after 3, and therefore cannot be trusted.

Thread question: aside from what he's already played/playing if you had to give VG a JRPG reading list limited to 5 games what do you pick? The goal of your list is up to you.

SMT I SMT II SMT III SMT If... Persona 1

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Replace Persona with Soul Hackers

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

FF9 five times, the goal would be to make sure he plays the best video game of all time

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Final Fantasy VIII
Atelier Ayesha
Valkyrie Profile 2
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Pokemon Moon

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
VG is incapable of disliking a video game so he can join me as an FF8 defender

Lavatein
May 5, 2009
I finished up Yakuza 3 Remakestered with all the trophies.

Checking online, people seem to be in broad agreement that it's the hardest one to plat, which I am thankful to hear because some of those minigames are rough to say the least. It suffers from being played after Kiwami 2 where the minigame staples had been iterated upon many times over already. Gonna have to wait half a year or so before tackling 4 to prevent burnout.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

There are only two good FF games and they are Freedom Force and Freedom Force 2

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Fatal frame you fool

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Grant Kirkhope dropped an album of Banjo Kazooie remixs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0tou94hDqE

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Relax Or DIE posted:

Chrono Trigger
Suikoden
Suikoden 2
Wild Arms 3
Final Fantasy 10*

*I dont particularly like FF10 much but I think veeg would

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is Fatal Fury erasure

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011