Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've got about an hour before bed but I might try to play some Broken Sword 5 tonight. It's hard to game when you're working 12 hour days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

FirstAidKite posted:

What are some good pikmin-esque games

Little King’s Story was pretty good, it’s a bit more combat focused with some city builder elements

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was going to say Little King's Story because I liked it on Wii but I think I remember hearing all the ports were bad

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

The Misadventures Of Tron Bonne

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Scaly Haylie posted:

Hell yeah

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

What makes a Pikmin game? I never played one.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hwurmp posted:

they're not quite as good but the Overlord series

Overlord 1 and its expansion are pretty fun except for the mandatory grinding if you want to become Maximum Evil Sauron. Overlord 2 is kind of forgettable.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Walla posted:

They have Pikmin in them

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Walla posted:

RTS focused on leading a herd of mostly-identical little buddies and directing them to do battle or carry out tasks

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ew, RTS. That's as bad as FPV. Pass.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

wtf is an fpv

e: Darwinia was a little bit Pikmin-like. You didn't command the Darwinians directly, but you placed markers to order them around and get them to work machines or fight enemies for you.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

First Person View. It sucks.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I didn't have DLC Christmas Mode on in Dead Rising 4 and I don't know what it does so I just fixed that

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

wonderful 101
anarcute
dap maybe?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how the hell did I forget about The Wonderful 101

I think I've got it mentally categorized as a character action game instead of a Pikmin-like

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just started the Hildebrand quest in XIV and this is far more amazing than what I've been told.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just started the Hildebrand quest in XIV and this is far more amazing than what I've been told.

I think people tend to moderate their recommendation of it solely because it being able to land depends entirely on a specific kind of madcap Tom and Jerry slapstick humor, and that's not something everyone's gonna take to. For people like me who love that kinda poo poo, it's fantastic.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

i haven't played it yet but the wild at heart looks pretty cool

Scaly Haylie posted:

ehhh that's like 1/5 of a pikmin game

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

1. My dad just survived a widowmaker in his arm. He drove himself in 20 minutes before he could pass out, got fixed with several stints and walked home a day later.

2. My stress levels from overthinking news spike so often that dad think's i'll die in five years if I don't reverse my daily stress. How the hell do I combat daily obsessive news stress?

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think I'm working myself into doing a parasite eve playthrough on Dec 25 lol

I fully support you in this endeavor

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Grouchio posted:

1. My dad just survived a widowmaker in his arm. He drove himself in 20 minutes before he could pass out, got fixed with several stints and walked home a day later.

2. My stress levels from overthinking news spike so often that dad think's i'll die in five years if I don't reverse my daily stress. How the hell do I combat daily obsessive news stress?

I don't think you're gonna dig yourself out of a stress hole just by talking on an internet forum but, my advice is, to not read the news obsessively. If something is actually important you'll pick it up without seeking it out.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Grouchio posted:

Hope your dad's OK. For daily obsessive news stress, honestly, i think you have to just cut news cold turkey. Unsub from any D&D threads, clear your browser history / bookmarks of news sites and social media. Find other things to grab your attention. What games are you playing?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Disengage from the news. It's a disgusting Enterprise designed to make you feel helpless, afraid, and depressed. Also disengage from social media for the same reason. Then get way into doing things you actually enjoy, something productive, reflective, and contemplative so you can engage with your extraneous thoughts in a positive and contemplative way without being overtaken by them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Walla posted:

Control a character who leads and gives commands to some followers. One of your primary methods of interacting with the environment is to control these followers and have them do various tasks for you, but they are usually relatively brainless and require some kind of minor instruction to make sure they're not sitting around doing nothing.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Disengage from the news. It's a disgusting Enterprise designed to make you feel helpless, afraid, and depressed. Also disengage from social media for the same reason. Then get way into doing things you actually enjoy, something productive, reflective, and contemplative so you can engage with your extraneous thoughts in a positive and contemplative way without being overtaken by them.

this. and yeah stop reading d&d and/or cspam. negative news generates views and a spiraling viewer is a reliable viewer

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also, as promised, here's future adult sonic playing pool with his future son, manik. they're attending a dinner party with future knuckles and his family

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I thought manik was his green brother

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought manik was his green brother

sonic's future children are named after his siblings from underground as a little reference, sonic underground is otherwise firmly an alternate dimension

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Looper posted:

also, as promised, here's future adult sonic playing pool with his future son, manik. they're attending a dinner party with future knuckles and his family

Yeah but can you find the panels of sonic that were a deliberate rip off of Goldeneye?

My brain is cluttered with random Archie Sonic nonsense swirling around after all these years

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah but can you find the panels of sonic that were a deliberate rip off of Goldeneye?

My brain is cluttered with random Archie Sonic nonsense swirling around after all these years

edit: every panel of sonic curled into a ball before they got artists who actually knew how to draw him is a treasure

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vermain posted:

I think people tend to moderate their recommendation of it solely because it being able to land depends entirely on a specific kind of madcap Tom and Jerry slapstick humor, and that's not something everyone's gonna take to. For people like me who love that kinda poo poo, it's fantastic.

It is absolutely my poo poo, Hildebrand's reunion with his father had me dying.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thats nuts ive never seen anyone undersell hildebrand, if anything people at least on here are maybe a little too enthusiastic about it tbh. idk if youve seen it yet or not but the ultros fight in hildebrand is one of my favorite encounters in the game, at least before they nerfed it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think Hildebrande is where I knew I wasn't gonna stick with FFXIV. I was just not having fun and I got to what should have been fun and charming and felt nothing but "ok, lets get this over with" and realized it just made way more sense to quit than to hope to achieve some mythical end game I would have enjoyed

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
hildebrand is pretty good and they've done enough with him and should do new side stories if they're inclined.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Barudak posted:

I think Hildebrande is where I knew I wasn't gonna stick with FFXIV. I was just not having fun and I got to what should have been fun and charming and felt nothing but "ok, lets get this over with" and realized it just made way more sense to quit than to hope to achieve some mythical end game I would have enjoyed
its just side content, you dont have to do it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

thats nuts ive never seen anyone undersell hildebrand, if anything people at least on here are maybe a little too enthusiastic about it tbh. idk if youve seen it yet or not but the ultros fight in hildebrand is one of my favorite encounters in the game, at least before they nerfed it

It's been a while since I heard about Hildebrand so I could be misrembering.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FirstAidKite posted:

Any level in The Simpsons Game where you play as Marge.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's been a while since I heard about Hildebrand so I could be misrembering.
well in fairness no ones really talked about him lately because they didnt do one in shadowbringers

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

El Grillo posted:

...so when I originally stopped playing Neverwinter Nights back in 2008, I did not exactly imagine that it would still be generating gaming news in TYOOL 2021 lol:

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition-gets-hd-boost-with-4gb-texture-pack-3107060

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/41gb-of-hd-models-and-textures-added-to-neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition/

It's a mad world we live in (but quite awesome, in this one small way).

It's Dungeons & Dragons, and it scratches a very specific itch among gamers that no other RPG fulfills; being very easily modded, having multiplayer, being party based, and in the Dungeons & Dragons world. NWN2 is technically a superior game graphically, but it did everything else completely wrong for being moddable, so it never latched on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Looper posted:

edit: every panel of sonic curled into a ball before they got artists who actually knew how to draw him is a treasure

:tipshat:

That's the good poo poo