Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Serious, Is nov the shittiest month? It's cold enough to mean you gotta wear a real jacket, but no snow. No good holidays, nothing good coming out. Just absolute poo poo filler month, I recommend everyone skip this season and move on to December

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If you get your pie from Costco I loving hate you

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Chasiubao posted:

I’ve always wanted to post in one of these but I was intimidated by the page counts. I like the video games?

breh just post

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

I guess if you like snow it sucks but after my first crash I kinda hate snow. Plus where I live November snow is basically a guarantee anyway, so November is Okay now that I’m not (directly) in retail anymore.

Naw money we get snow here in Nov, but it's still like the lovely fake snow, not like the legit Dec snow

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Chairchucker posted:

what's going on here

idk SMTV is the only good game coming out this decade

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's by the team that did the godawful mobile ports so don't get your hopes up

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

Rarity's list implies you should play star oceans after 3, and therefore cannot be trusted.

Thread question: aside from what he's already played/playing if you had to give VG a JRPG reading list limited to 5 games what do you pick? The goal of your list is up to you.

SMT I SMT II SMT III SMT If... Persona 1

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Replace Persona with Soul Hackers

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Fatal frame you fool

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Cardinal syn now there was a fighting game

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

SMTII is a direct sequel to I so that's a no go, If... is a spinoff but is a real motherfucker so play that last. Nocturne, Soul Hackers, and Persona 1 can be played whenever

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Metis of the Hallways posted:

Actually November is when the weather starts getting really warm, if you live in the superior hemisphere

Yeah I'm gonna trust someone who has to post upside down lol

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

stev posted:

The prerendered trailer was pretty sick so it must be good.

Always a sign of quality

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

queef anxiety posted:

was the final fantasy X remake any good?

no, it's a remake

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Let's be positive about it. At least now Craig can't continue to drag the bond franchise through the sewers with his God awful films anymore

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Chairchucker posted:

Nothing that is bad about Bond can be blamed on Daniel Craig imo

He's the root of most the issues with his movies. Not even for a single second in his flicks do you think he enjoys being bond, that is the most important part of the character. He should enjoy driving fast cars, traveling the world, and meeting attractive women. Craig has zero fun

And his constant whining off set and amazing ability to drag his feet on wether to accept roles means the production of the franchise has become glacial.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Craig stepped in to write large portions of quantum because of the writers strike

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Craig's primadonna bullshit will he won't they did significantly delay spectre with leaks suggesting eon had begun looking for a replacement before he came on board again. The new movie isn't his fault, it went through 4 or 5 scripts and 3 directors then got delayed for almost a year cause the pandemic.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pwnstar posted:

James Bond movies are best enjoyed when you are ten years old and dont really understand everything but a lot of cool poo poo happens. As an adult your greater understanding makes them lesser but also the part where James Bond and a fat Texan go over a crazy jump and there's a slide whistle is still good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzCIbhLUUA0

People hate this scene but its incredible

That's a practical effect btw. They took that amazing stunt and ruined it with a whistle. Also the sheriff was from Louisiana.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Where can I cash in my gamer score for money?

I need some way to afford a house after spending all my savings on avocado toast

hatty posted:

Where can I spend my achievement points in this great Internet Economy

You need to convert your points to beenz first

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

what's the best way to induce the state of being "in the zone" on yourself

Two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers … and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw either and two dozen amyls

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Marcus Aurelius posted:

For times when you feel pain:
See that it doesn’t disgrace you, or degrade your
intelligence—doesn’t keep it from acting rationally or
unselfishly.
And in most cases what Epicurus said should help: that
pain is neither unbearable nor unending, as long as you keep
in mind its limits and don’t magnify them in your imagination.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Does anyone here default to the “hard” difficulty setting when playing a game for the first time

Almost always yeah

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lookup rastaman smt

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Geralt gets himself dragged into non monster affairs all the time.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

When you consider the vast ecologies that exist at the bottom of these pits, sustained with the bodies of dead adventurerers, i believe it's fair to instead think of them as "pits of life".

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I think anyone who can decipher that probably already owns wingman tbh

Like I'd do it but I already own it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Protip waffle man. You don't have to do tunnel runs to destroy the reactor things in mission 4 or 5.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

hes the guy who did fallout new vegas and also spends $69,420 on vintage bicycles in the bicycle thread, on Something AWful Dot Com

I don't have my warren Spector article on hand, but keep in mind while Josh Sawyer was the director, NV was developed by a team and people who give Sawyer all the credit are ignoring a lot of good work done by people like John Gonzalez.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ligmature

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

This bowsette poo poo was never funny

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The seagulls crying plus the door creaking when you load a save in Umineko cannot be beaten. poo poo always got me so loving hyped

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Barudak posted:

Japanese public maps are not fixed orientation which is absolutey loving infuriating to use

What the gently caress.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Minimaps in souls is a terrible idea. First off the areas are all tiny. Second you need to pay attention to the screen. Thirdly minimaps suck poo poo. Fourthly half the story is the environments

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqeErGMoHII

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wrestling can be entertaining tho

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I wish treasure would come back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius