Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I have no idea where to post this, so does anyone know a good mod for Borderlands 2 of the sort that makes the loot more exciting in general? Me and a friend are wanting to do a modded playthrough and we're looking at BL2 Reborn, but that kinda looks like it'd leave us really overpowered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

Please don't disrespect the dead

it's not like he has to be around for it

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Hello friends! I have a weird question that has come about thanks to talking to Noise. As you might know, thanks to me being in the middle of FFVII I have been streaming great games that I have never gotten around to over the years because no one knows why. FFVII is 24 years old after all. No excuse.

The thing is, I want to keep doing this until I have 'caught up' (which I know is impossible because there are always new games coming out) but obviously I do not know what else I have missed (because I missed them.)

As such I would like suggestions for what you guys consider great games that I can get on PS4/5 and PC so I can continue with my new found fun. All the games in my avatar are games I have played and on the upcoming list we have:

FF8,9,10. Elden Ring. Death Stranding. Sleeping Dogs. Devil May Cry 5. Night in the Woods. Anodyne 2. Forgotten City. OuterWilds:Echoes of the Eye. Wolf Among Us. Ghost of Tsushima. Kingdom Hearts Complete. What Becomes of Edith Finch.

Noise has suggested the Metal Gear Solid games which I am definitely up for! But basically I want you to just throw out the names of the greatest games (or silly fun games) so I can enjoy with my friends me tackling them for the first time.

Try Wattam, it's a fun little romp where you play as a cube and make friends with everything and everyone.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 12, 2021

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

it's also goofy as hell maybe i should've led with that

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

boyfriend bought me the master chief collection so i'm finally seeing what all the fuss about halo 1 is about. is there a way to switch the graphics during cutscenes?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Bought Wrestling Empire last night, and I've decided to begin slowly but surely replacing the default roster with custom wrestlers before I start a career.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Izzat an mdickie game

Yeah! It's on Steam and Switch, and I'm tempted to double dip just for the prospect of portable Mdickie.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

yeah baby yeah

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

yottaman

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

VideoGames posted:

OK thanks to FFVII and the fact I now have a capture card (Elgato HD60pro) I have set up my PS3 properly (as in set up an American account and with help from a lovely goon sorted out wallet stuff).

Installed on this bad boy is:

MGS1
MGS HD Collection
MGS4
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Xenogears
Chrono Trigger
MGS Rising Revengeance.

:)

Were there any other PS1classics,PS2classics,PS3classics RPGs that were suggested? UK or USA store is fine now. (Veeg Oosa is my VeegUSA account ;))

jumping flash

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

hatty posted:

Free Stux?

No thanks!!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Black Friday has passed and my thoughts they did turn
to games I received and autistically spurned
I gathered a dozen and, well, here's the deal,
I put all their names on a virtual wheel!
Span six times to halve it, then three times again,
I don't know what rhymes with Uncharted Drake's Fortune

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Does the first Uncharted game just suck or something

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Rarity posted:

It was good at the time but then 2 outclasses it in every way

I'm at chapter 6 or 7 and I'm just like yup, this is a game all right

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Looper posted:

what are some other good christmas games/levels?

christmas nights

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

so it turns out i quit last night right before uncharted 1 gets actually good

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Barudak posted:

So you made it to the last hour?

no i made it to the jetski

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Uncharted was neat and I look forward to the sequels. My next game is Dead Rising 4 :smith:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Just wanted to repost this song, I think I shared it a thread or 2 ago but it's a song an old friend shared with me over a decade ago and it brings me happiness to hear it and I hope that it can bring even mote of joy to others in these dire times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lARUMGyC8lQ

This helps with the Dead Rising 4 download

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dead Rising 4 is really the kind of game that makes you go "aw jeez, how long is this"

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is the DLC menu for Dead Rising 4: Frank's Big Package supposed to be broken

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Scaly Haylie posted:

Is the DLC menu for Dead Rising 4: Frank's Big Package supposed to be broken

Ah. How easy is it to make a European PSN account?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Very but if it's paid DLC you'll need to acquire EU PSN bucks from somewhere.

You can literally just make a new account and set your location to Europe and now it's an EU account.

If they make me pay for the Sissel outfit I was promised I'm gonna go apeshit

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

The only dlc I can see for it is free so you're good to go probably

SEVENTEEN GIGABYTES????

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Also I made a European account only to realize that the thing that was broken wasn't the DLC but my ability to get to it via Dead Rising 4 itself, got it just fine on my main account through the store

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

unfortunately the menu still launches dead rising 4, instead of a good game!!!!!

It will be strictly better if I can dress up as Sissel, is the thing.

Sakurazuka posted:

It was probably 'broken' because it was trying to access the EU store. If the DLC you downloaded was the US version the game won't recognise it.

Nah, I'm saying I got the same result doing it from a EU account. I think the way it accesses the store period is busted.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Willo567 posted:

my favorite piece of pac-man trivia is sakurai absolutely refusing to use pac-man's ghostly adventures redesign, to the point where he even threatened not to put pac-man in smash 4 if namco made him use it, when for every other company he listens to the owner's wishes for how their characters are represented in smash

yeah they're so different

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

More like Dead Rising Poor

Poor is literally the reason I'm going through my backlog

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

do not feel obligated to finish DR4

I knew what I was getting into when I conceived of this wheel business, Mr. Fracas.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Welp, DLC is fully downloaded and seems to be stuck on "Waiting to install". When I go into my downloads menu and tell it to go right ahead and install it loving doesn't

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

This DLC cannot find Dead Rising 4 and I am declaring it blind

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

You're trying to use US DLC with an EU copy of the game like I said earlier

Yeah, I honestly think I might have grabbed the DLC on the wrong account so I'm grabbing the EU version of it now. The issue with the DLC option on Dead Rising 4's main menu seems to be unrelated as it happens even when I'm on my fresh new European account.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Abolish nations so I don't have to be sober to install Dead Rising DLC

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

If the DLC doesn't work after this I can and will go apeshit

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Scaly Haylie posted:

If the DLC doesn't work after this I can and will go apeshit

Update: the DLC works and my life is poorer for it

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

What are some good pikmin-esque games

The Misadventures Of Tron Bonne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I didn't have DLC Christmas Mode on in Dead Rising 4 and I don't know what it does so I just fixed that