Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
Now that Halloween is over, you probably have some loose candy laying around, or if not you at probably least have some candy opinions, so vent about em here.

Everlasting Gobstoppers: 2/10
What the gently caress even are these things? They're basically just rocks. Even when you finally crunch em there's no fuckin flavor at all, gently caress these things.

Charleston Chew: 5/10
Fine. Whatever. It's like the candy equivalent of ocean sounds playing in the background.

Yorks Peppermint Patty: 7/10
Pretty dece. Refreshing. Can't eat a lot of em tho.

Jelly Belly jelly beans: 9/10
Idk who gave these things out to my kid but God Bless You.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Canadian ratings, I guess:

Aero: 4/10
it's "just ok" chocolate with air bubbles in it, meaning you get less chocolate overall. -1 from baseline due to that psyop

Big Turk: 7/10
another weird candy bar. gummi covered in a thin layer of chocolate. best of both gummi and chocolate worlds but best if savored and allowed to melt in your mouth. -1 point for no fun size either, -2 points for being intolerable for months by the time you finish one

Caramilk: 8/10
caramel fill chocolate. often imitated by weird charity chocolate but rarely matched. point deductions because they won't tell me how the caramel gets in there. syringe?

Coffee Crisp: 9/10
chocolate and wafers (3 baseline), mild (+1) coffee (+1) flavor, often hated by children and left for adults to enjoy (+2). not overly sweet (+1) and available fun-sized (+1)

Crispy Crunch: 2/10
this is hard candy with a light layer of chocolate over it. cloyingly sweet, only tolerable as a fun-sized and only if you bite clean through rather than savor/let chocolate melt. sticks to your teeth real bad. besides fun-sized boost saving it from zero. it is a passable dairy queen blizzard flavor

Crunchie: 4/10
honeycomb toffee covered with chocolate. interesting melt in your mouth texture experience. gets worse as you get older but faster than most things. also can stick to your teeth real bad

Eat-More: 9/10
insane candy bar for weirdos. soft chocolate flavored toffee with chopped peanuts densely saturating it. and yet- incredibly satisfying. -1 point for no fun-sized offering

Mr. Big: 6/10
it's pretty big. i guess. it's like oh henry but with crispy rice instead of that toffee-like stuff. fairly light and less sickening than some other choco bars.

Smarties: 5/10
no one hates smarties. used to be a psyop to eat the red one last, but they are all identically flavored so who cares

Sour Patch Kids 0/10
penny candy that has invert and sour sugar coatings, ruining it

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 1, 2021

animist
Aug 28, 2018
my 10/10 candy is mounds. idk i like coconut

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Black Licorice: 10/10. Delightfully delicious and it blocks serum testosterone.

Candy Corn: 8/10 because gently caress you that's why

Gummi Bears: the gently caress do I even have to rate them? They're good, pigfucker

Nougat: a complete hoax. Sell your lies elsewhere.

Reese's Pieces: 10/10

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups: 7/10 would be higher but it always sticks to the paper and this displeases me

Necco wafers: gently caress off

Now & Laters: how about never. In the bin.

Nerds: turn on your monitor lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Zagnut: 10
Zero: 10
Payday: 10
Snickers: 10

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
candy corn / pumpkins 7/10
soft circus peanuts 8/10
hard circus peanuts 4/10
wunderbars 10/10
coffee crisp 9/10
reese’s anythings 12/10

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

prefect posted:

Zagnut: 10
Zero: 10
Payday: 10

gently caress yeah zeros!!!!!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'll make the miro board

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

mediaphage posted:

gently caress yeah zeros!!!!!

man i love them they were like a weird exotic bar as a kid because they were white

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

animist posted:

my 10/10 candy is mounds. idk i like coconut

love me some big mounds

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AnimeIsTrash posted:

love me some big mounds

almond joy's got nuts

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

not a mounds man myself though haystacks were a common holiday sight at family events

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
S-tier: sour patch kids, sour punch straws, caramel apple pops
A-tier: milky way, baby ruth, 100 grand, sweet tarts
B-tier: snickers, reese's cups, almond joy, jolly ranchers
C-tier: any mostly-plain chocolate (preference for nuts), mounds
poo poo-tier: pretty much everythign else

that's the definitive list. go ahead and close the thread

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Mounds - 8/10 - come around to these as an adult, solid
Reeses Peanut Butter Cups - 5 to 10/10 - these always get hosed up in the candy bag and like smashed in half, however, top tier snack if whole

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

candy - 10/10 - it can be sweet, it can be sour, hell it can even be salty. candy -- 'it tastes great!' better not eat too much of it or you'll get a stomach ache of course ;)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Haribo Gummi Bears: 9/10
gently caress yes, perfect, love these things.

Black Forest Gummi Bears: 4/10
What the gently caress. Just floppy, no body at all, too sweet. Bitch bears for dumb idiots.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol if you don't buy at least seven dollar single origin chocolate what's wrong with you poors

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

S-tier: sour patch kids, sour punch straws, caramel apple pops
A-tier: milky way, baby ruth, 100 grand, sweet tarts
B-tier: snickers, reese's cups, almond joy, jolly ranchers
C-tier: any mostly-plain chocolate (preference for nuts), mounds
poo poo-tier: pretty much everythign else

that's the definitive list. go ahead and close the thread
sour candy is for tricking children with and not intended to be actually consumed

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

sour candy is for tricking children with and not intended to be actually consumed

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

some of my canadian candies are shared with the brits and: i don't care

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

these ones based on this very real thing that definitely happened near me

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

some of my canadian candies are shared with the brits and: i don't care

i have got to try some of that coffee crisp one of these days. i had tim tams a while back, and they were excellent

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Anything with that "hot" cinnamon flavor like Red Hots: 3/10
This tastes like hazmat. People honestly deliberately put this in their mouth?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

Anything with that "hot" cinnamon flavor like Red Hots: 3/10
This tastes like hazmat. People honestly deliberately put this in their mouth?
:yeah:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

i have got to try some of that coffee crisp one of these days. i had tim tams a while back, and they were excellent
coffees crisp are good. bit like a kitkat but with less chocolate and a little more to the wafer flavor. less chocolate is usually a psyop but in this case it makes them more palatable when doing grown up things like editing spreadsheets, talking at the water cooler, and consuming non-crisp coffee

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

snickers are god-tier but i can't handle them any bigger than fun sized. that ups the chocolate ratio in a pretty effective way too

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

these ones based on this very real thing that definitely happened near me

love to hand out a sixty dollar bag of gummies to each child that visits my house

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

jersey milk can absolutely gently caress off. it's just boring chocolate leftover from better candy bars. dasani of the chocolate game

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

jersey milk can absolutely gently caress off. it's just boring chocolate leftover from better candy bars. dasani of the chocolate game

what the gently caress

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

ill take you to the candy shop. ill let you lick the lollipop.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Truman Peyote posted:

ill take you to the candy shop. ill let you lick the lollipop.

mods please make this the background audio of this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nE2spOw_o

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
bad candy dot come

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Kenny Logins posted:

clown comment.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

man i can eat honestly disgusting amounts of chocolate peanut butter anything. like i can easily eat a pound sitting at my in-laws at christmas

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

rotor posted:

what the gently caress

they are a milk and dairy company so i’m assuming they’re showcasing jersey cow milk with the name

either way not too surprised the chocolate is mediocre as a result

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i have now seen that tony's chocolonely stuff in the grocery store and at a gas station convenience store, which is pretty cool. the name seems like it would be tough to sell to anyone

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

what the gently caress

not to be confused with new jersey milk which is the residue found on the floors of midtown manhattan dance clubs. it's mostly axe body spray and spilled yeungling

prefect posted:

i have now seen that tony's chocolonely stuff in the grocery store and at a gas station convenience store, which is pretty cool. the name seems like it would be tough to sell to anyone
that stuff is real good but yeah the name sucks. it's the better off ted of chocolate

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I love the nestle crunch bar but I never see it around any more.

Reese's is always good. I saw they started putting mini-pieces in the candy bars. Need to see if that's any good.

e: Take Five is an all-time favorite too.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

rotor posted:

Jelly Belly jelly beans: 9/10
Idk who gave these things out to my kid but God Bless You.

transphobes, sorry to be the one to tell you this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i like the vanilla tootsie rolls.