Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

it seems sort of obvious to me why there isn't a smaller version of an Eat-More
you've given me a lit to think about today. i amend its rating to 10/10 must try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Endless Mike posted:

these ones based on this very real thing that definitely happened near me

but lol though if someone accidentally swapped the bags in the grocery sack, sitting at home thinking this edible ain't poo poo, but actually and then looking at the bag and going FFFFFUUUU

Kenny Logins posted:

they were almost always smashed to hell and leaking.

pass my regards to your mother while I'm reminded :tipshat:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
you poor sods, never had a mario bun. s-tier

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

pass my regards to your mother while I'm reminded :tipshat:
:ohno:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
jesus christ

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

i cant remember the last time i had candy. at least 5 years ago

sounds like rehab worked but you’ve got to let go of that anger

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups: 7/10 would be higher but it always sticks to the paper and this displeases me

idk if you've already heard of this trick but if u put em in the fridge for a while this becomes less of an issue.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

echinopsis posted:

this is extremely
on brand

yea it's ridiculous but im generally true to form

anyway not sure if i could pick out skor vs heath but i want to say skor chocolate is a little darker than heath? maybe ive got it backwords

ANYWAY

the ice cream versions of poo poo like heath bars and snickers are loving s tier

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Sometimes a person simply needs a big ol' box of jujyfruit to chew on.

I'm also a big fan of gummy fish but only the good ones you get from the bulk foods aisle, most of the time the pre-packaged ones get sticky and moist (and never those little red 'swedish fish' things).

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

mediaphage posted:

the ice cream versions of poo poo like heath bars and snickers are loving s tier

Snickers ice cream bars are amazing but I can’t hand them out for Halloween

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Video Nasty posted:

Snickers ice cream bars are amazing but I can’t hand them out for Halloween

thread title aint halloween only poasting pal

i vote for that sort of confection to count as candy for thread purposes

anyway who says you can't hand those out

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

fritz posted:

Sometimes a person simply needs a big ol' box of jujyfruit to chew on.

I'm also a big fan of gummy fish but only the good ones you get from the bulk foods aisle, most of the time the pre-packaged ones get sticky and moist (and never those little red 'swedish fish' things).
i love a good blue shark gummi from the bulk barn

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

i love a good blue shark gummi from the bulk barn

oh hell yea brother

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

mediaphage posted:

oh hell yea brother

also big fan of chewin on dem frogs and the glossy giant novelty gummy cherries

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

haribo starmix are great gummies

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

could really go for some gummies rt now

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

soft boiled egg: 10/10

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
getting insanely joker-fied by the one house that only gives away Dum Dums lolipops

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

kit kats are good. but not as good as soft boiled eggs

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i like sour patch kids, almond joy, and those cinnamon jelly bean things. thank you.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

controversial opinion

i like the jelly belly buttered popcorn jelly beans

i've gotten bags of oops all buttered popcorn before

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i forgot black licorice. that’s good too

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

mediaphage posted:

controversial opinion

i like the jelly belly buttered popcorn jelly beans

i've gotten bags of oops all buttered popcorn before

mods????

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jelly bellys rule. the buttered popcorn is fine but i wouldn't want a whole bag of it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

the best jelly belly mix is 3 parts green apple, 1 part sours, 1 part lemon, 1 part tropical fruit

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
lotte chewy milk candy: sounds weird and gross, but tastes weird and good. contains beef. 8/10

what the heck are these? i found a couple in a jacket pocket, probably got them from work at some point. p good, fruity hard candy of some sort. 7/10

fav recent find: trader joes sour sea shapes. can smash the whole bag in one sitting if not careful. their black licorice chews are p good too. both 10/10

dishonorable mention: any hershey-process chocolate. i used to like it, but then someone mentioned that it tastes like puke and now i taste that everytime. improved by leaving in the freezer for a week. 2/10

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

9/10

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I would demolish boxes full of Halvah Jell Bars regularly but had to stop when my pancreas and kidneys cried 'Hold, no more'

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 2, 2021

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

what about traditional home candies in the vein of a candy bar confectionery device

man i can demolish some buckeyes. haystacks. those butterscotch noodle things, puffed rice bars. i make these ridiculous salted caramels that are hard to stop eating

he was my favourite dune character

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mediaphage posted:

what about traditional home candies in the vein of a candy bar confectionery device

man i can demolish some buckeyes. haystacks. those butterscotch noodle things, puffed rice bars. i make these ridiculous salted caramels that are hard to stop eating
i think they can be discussed and rated in a general sense, at least against each other rather than compared to standardized candies

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i prefer qualitative candy heuristics to quantitative candy evaluation methodologies

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

okay all of those are tens

no wait. haystacks are an 8. caramels an 11.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

rotor posted:

idk if you've already heard of this trick but if u put em in the fridge for a while this becomes less of an issue.

Cat Face Joe posted:

transphobes, sorry to be the one to tell you this
I knew they were terrible people the moment I had the buttered popcorn flavor

qirex posted:

love to hand out a sixty dollar bag of gummies to each child that visits my house
I get gummies every time I visit ur mom's house and it only costs me $10

[edit] buttered popcorn defenders out of yospos

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

mediaphage posted:

buckeyes
butterscotch noodle things

gently caress yes. buckeyes were a staple growing up. i hadnt had the noodle things until my sister basically decided "oh hi im an expert baker now" and made them (along with actually hard stuff) and i was retroactively mad that they werent part of my childhood.

so my sister in law is a cordon bleu trained chef, owned a pastry bakery for years, is currently a professional pastry chef, etc etc etc. she bakes all day every day. my sister runs a painting business. im quite certain that the former has like 10x the throughput of the latter, but when it comes to quality of an individual item theyre about equal which is _fucking insane_ to my mind

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Raluek posted:

what the heck are these? i found a couple in a jacket pocket, probably got them from work at some point. p good, fruity hard candy of some sort. 7/10

pretty sure I've got those from a restaurant with the check but can't remember which. are they kind of tamarind-ey flavor?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

heath is good, 100 grand is 10/10 i don't care what they name the drat thing

the worst houses on halloween were the ones that handed out now and laters. stale-rear end off-brand starburst trash.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

love me some licorice

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

qirex posted:

pretty sure I've got those from a restaurant with the check but can't remember which. are they kind of tamarind-ey flavor?

hmm, indeed it might be. its been a while since i ate the other one (and i haven't eaten this one yet), but "a little tart but mostly sweet, fruity" sounds about right. i like tamarind and i liked this, but im havig trouble recalling the actual flavor

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

fart simpson posted:

this too

you can just say licorice, though. that red stuff is some other thing. (fake) cherry or (fake) strawberry or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Raluek posted:

this too

you can just say licorice, though. that red stuff is some other thing. (fake) cherry or (fake) strawberry or whatever

thanks, professor