Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

is it here where i barge in and tell you guys i use gentoo for "embedded" work

Tankakern fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

sb hermit posted:

don't you have a raspberry pi running gentoo?

i did, for several projects, but as of right now my rpis now are for like.. minecraft and irc and such, so i copped out and put fedora on them.

another fun project was setting up a musl-based gentoo system on a 486 running systemd (which had to get lot of patches back then to get systemd to compile against musl), i still have that setup working. not getting much use though, weirdly enough. takes like 15 minutes to boot up to sshd running

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

it was a ram monstrosity for its time, i think it has 48 MB (filled in all the slots, think there were 8 or 10 slots). so no issues with memory, it's just slow as hell, as a 66mhz 486 should be

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Sapozhnik posted:

sounds like you should post on the freebsd and netbsd mailing lists and ask them to develop a stable kernel abi op

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

And now Linux has a Real-Time Linux Analysis (RTLA) tool!

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

lol!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

do not ask what the project is