Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Iphis Rodier Vesci

Iphis sighs as she puts down the crate she was moving into place with her servoarm. She gives it a few good thumps to check if anything's moving inside before sitting on it. "I agree with Aristotle here, there's nothing better than food to spread goodwill quickly! And it's not just because she wants a closer look at local foods and ingredients. Nope. She turns to ogryn with the odd cranial implants "If you're hungry, I'd be happy to cook something up! Or at least try to make these rations into something edible." She had to cater an entire regiment of Ogryns once, it was terrible. In comparison, one Ogryn shouldn't be too difficult to feed.

pre:
Name: Iphis
Alignment: Slaanesh
Archetype: Heretek
Pride: Craftsmanship
Disgrace: Gluttony
Motivation: Innovation

WS:	  32 = 25 +10 -3
BS:	  22 = 25 -3
S:	  30 = 25 +5
T:	  30 = 25 +5
Agi:	  33 = 25 +10 +3 -5
Int:	  56 = 25 +20 +3 +3 +5
Per:	  40 = 25 +15
WP:	  40 = 25 +15
Fel:	  45 = 25 +20

Wounds: 17=12+5+2-2
Infamy: 25=19+5+1
Corruption: 2
IP: 2/2

Praise/Scorn:
Slaanesh: 2
Scorn: 

Skills:
Common Lore (Culinary, Imperium, Adeptus Mechanicus, Tech)
Linguistics (Low Gothic, High Gothic)
Trade (Chefinarian)
Logic
Tech Use +10
Dodge
Scholastic Lore (Chymistry)
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
Charm

Talents:
Die Hard
Technical Knock
Weapon Training (Las, Primary, Shock, Power)
Mechadendrite Training (Utility)
Total Recall
Weapon-Tech
Lesser Minion of Chaos
Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Epsilon Psy Rank
Blue Blood (+5 to Acquisition tests)
Peer (Planetary Governors)

Traits:
The Quick And The Dead
Mechanicus Implants
Unntarual Intelligence +2
Binary Chatter
Psyker

Gifts/Rewards:

Psychic powers:
Precognition
Glimpse

Cybernetics:
Good Cerebral Implants (+20 to Logic and Lore tests)
Good Servo-arm (Strength 75, Unnatural Strength +7, 2d10+14 I, Pen )
Utility Mechadendrite
Ferric Lure Implants
Mechatendril (+5 to all crafting tests)

Gear:
Best Craftsmanship Meringue Torch (Flamer) (Given to Robowaiter)
Good-Craftsmanship Kitchen Knife (Power Sword)
Extra-protective Apron (Light Carapace Armour)
Oil Splash Guard (Refractor Field)
Cooking Oils (Ligature Oils)
Combi-tool
Dataslate
Psy-focus
Alcohol (employer)
Recaf (employer)

Robowaiter 1000

Upon hearing talk about food, Robowaiter 1000 pops out from behind a crate and beeps excitedly.

pre:
WS:	5 	= 10 -5 
BS:	5 	= 10 -5
S:	7 	= 
T:	13 	=
Agi:	16 	= 11+5
Int:	17 	=
Per:	18 	= 
WP:	8 	=
Fel:	14 	= 9+5

Wounds: 2

Skills: 
Trade (Culinarian)
Charm
Language (Low Gothic, High Gothic)
Dodge

Talents:
Weapon Training (Flame)
Mimic
Cold-hearted
Frenzy
Lightning Reflexes

Traits:
Hoverer 4
Machine 2
Size 2

Equipment:
Best Craftsmanship Meringue Torch (Flamer) (From Iphis)
Best-Craftsmanship Robo-Tuxedo (BC Quilted Vest) (+5 to Charm, AP3 body)
Medikit
Alcohol (employer)
Recaf (employer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Iphis
Iphis sighs and shakes her head "In any case, I don't think going to Iheb is a good idea. All it's going to do is to put ourselves in a nicely wrapped up box for the Imperials. Those mountains are dangerous and I don't think we can expect to move much through them. If we insist on going to a minor city, perhaps Atar would be more easy to approach since they clearly trade to offworlders. I still feel going to Vyr would make the most impact"

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Iphis

Iphis nods to the customs agent. "I am Iphis Rodier Vesci. I am a chef here to research local cuisines and specialty ingredients while serving as this groups cook." She pauses and then adds [b]"I have heard that there are many with a..psychic persuation on this planet. I would also be interested in learning from them."

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Iphis
Iphis in fact had a long list of requests for their host. The accommodation had to be clean and have access to a fully equipped and functional kitchen by local standards. And while surely it was a given, IphShe also requested the locations of the highest quality food markets as well as what the innkeeper felt were the best places to eat in town, whether they be the loftiest of fine dining or serving the simplest fare out of a hole in the wall.

Of course one could not properly learn about new cuisines without being willing to learn and integrate with the local culture, so Iphis accepted the Rite of Merging streams. She is quite content to allow the rest of the group plot and plan with the dignitary while she studied the meal served to them. The amount of food was quite ludicrous, probably for the very oversized members of their party. The meats were quite tender and juicy and the flatbreads seemed fresh, this was not a meal that was prepared in a rush. What was more impressive was the sheer variety of various fruits and gourds, all extremely juicy and refreshing. That kind of food is typically not cheap on dry planets like Vaporius, they surely spared no expense in hosting the warband. That's probably a good sign for the mission.

She can't help but silently roll her eyes when the space marines go on about nutrient paste this and rations that, as if she'd allow them to eat such crap while she's around. Waiting for an appropriate moment, she leans over to Savosk and whispers "I don't think this food is shelf stable, it's just going to go to waste if we bring it with us. I'll make sure you get something better than rations"

~ELSEWHERE~
Robowaiter 1000 beeps miserably in the kitchen, having been left behind to unpack and cook up some simple food that would keep well in the arid climate. Unfortunately, Robowaiter has no idea how to start a fire and thus is unable to use most of the kitchen they had been provided with. It's sad attempts with the meringue torch has left scorch marks all over the kitchen. Robowaiter resigns itself to making a large plate of sandwiches.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Iphis
Iphis nods idly from her seat, more focused on examining the food and ingredients than following the whole flow of the conversation. She adds "Ah yes, I know very well the stifling influence of the Imperium. I suppose another thing that could be traded would be knowledge, I for one am very interested in learning about your psychic disciplines. Such traditions would be stamped out by the Imperium for sure and many have been lost. And as a representative of Forge Staurant, we might be interested in setting up trade routes and sharing culinary knowledge in the future."

Ah, it seems the conversation has moved on. Was she too distracted by the food? Oh well!

https://orokos.com/roll/921085 rolled 96 for charm :v:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Iphis

Iphis quickly sifts through the pile of letters the innkeeper gave them. Merchant this, foreign caravan that, an excellent sample of the local rich and influential! She sets them down and crosses her arms, looking at the rest of the group gathered there.

"So, how do you guys feel about throwing a little party to get to know these people better? You know, a nice meet and greet, try to show off a bit and see what intel we can gather on the imperials and general states of things outside of Atar on the way!"

Robowaiter excitedly zooms around now that Iphis is back, all the while offering sandwiches to anyone in the vicinity.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Iphis
Iphis raises an eyebrow at Flavus, despite being so called heretics, she and other members of Forge Staurant tended to focus more on refining their craft rather than worship. Are all of the chaos worshippers like this about their faith? Well, at least he's enthusiastic! She claps her hands together, one mechadendrite grabbing Robowaiter before it could escape outside of the room with it's sandwhiches.

"Excellent! Although, try to keep the preaching on the down low could you? Nothing ruins a good party like proselytizing after all!"

Now for actually planning the thing, they were going to need a suitably impressive venue, a local guide to make sure they don't commit any social gaffes, raw ingredients for the food and of course a quick tour of local eateries to determine local tastes, high quality drinks, a new outfit for Robowaiter, maybe some entertainment....it's probably best to start by talking to the innkeeper then.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Iphis

Head abuzz with the various contacts and information the helpful innkeep had provided her, Iphis sets out into town with Robowaiter to start the party planning in earnest. She was more than happy to help the innkeep repay his favors and collect some more for herself, provided the recommendations were of sufficient quality of course. While things like the venue and entertainment and such are important for a good party, those are all things the innkeeper could surely supply in a pinch. The most important thing to secure first is the food!

Humming to herself, Iphis browses the markets and starts negotiation for suppliers of both raw ingredients for her to prepare and local specitalties to round out the settings.

charm test to get some food going, rolled an 83 but using infamy to reroll to a 61 https://orokos.com/roll/925255

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Iphis
The venue itself was quite difficult to pin down. The choices were varied in almost every way possible, from price to location and visibility, the innkeeper had given her almost too many options to sift through. In the end, she settled on something classic, luxurious, ostentatious, and most importantly, fun. She just needed to have a word with the nice innkeep, then it was a nice chat here, an introduction there, and soon she found herself standing in front of a local lord while Robowaiter excitedly served samplers.

Lady Kheyri lounged back on her divan, staring down at painstakingly crafted dishes as Iphis introduced each one. Lady Kheyri was known for being extremely wealthy, powerful (although the locals refused to elaborate on exactly why), and throws the best parties in the city. Getting on her good side would be an immense help, and not just for party hosting. While Iphis was outwardly the image of professionalism, to be honest she was quite nervous. Getting used to the new ingredients and cooking resources was quite a challenge, and Lady Kheyri had notoriously high standards.

-many hours earlier-
Iphis stands in the middle of a smoking kitchen, cursing loudly while attending to what appears to be way too many dishes at the same time. Some appear to be burning. Robowaiter deftly dodges the mechadendrites and puffs of smoke with plates full of ingredients, only stopping to speedily chop ingredients with an oddly cold gleam in it's adorable robot eyes. The hum of psychic powers hangs in the air as Iphis tries to make use of her newfound powers to give her that extra edge she needs, if only she could understand what the hell these visions are trying to say.
-back to the present-

Iphis practically holds her breath as Lady Kheyri nibbles on each dish, only relaxing when she finally declares "Why, that was quite exquisite. And you were saying you wanted to host a party featuring these?". And it was all smooth sailing from there. Quite literally, as Lady Kheyri had agreed not only to loan them her largest party sand-yacht but also collaborate on hosting the party in exchange for what was shaping up to be the hottest party of the season.

After a successful round of negotiation, Iphis heads back to meet up with Dedjazil and Jamie.

"Alright, everything's sorted. We just need to decide on a guest list now before I need to disappear back into the kitchen

pre:
glimpse 49 vs 40 + 10 (Psy Focus) = 1 DoS 
chefinarian 80 vs 56 + 10 (Robowaiter) + 10 (Glimpse) + 5 (Mechatendril) + 5 (Utility Mechadendrite) = 1 DoS rip
charm 27 vs 45 + 10 (Robowater) + 10 (Chefinarian) + 20 (Difficulty) = 5 DoS
got an extra fancy party boat with harpoons, extra space for more guests, and befriend Lady Kheyri on top  

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Iphis
Iphis nods along with the other two members of the group, adding "If you want I can try to get some more information about the water-children from Lady Kheyri, no promises if I'll have any luck though.". While she didn't exactly approve of inviting priests and paper pushers for the sake of a good party, it's not like she's an expert in politicking and intrigue (much to her Imperial family's chagrin).

Meanwhile, Robowaiter beeps authoritatively at a group of confused servants. The little robot has been tasked with the very important job of getting these people up to snuff on the finer details of hospitality and service as demanded by Forge Staurant. Despite the fact that Robowaiter does not have arms and cannot actually speak in any way, this is a task that Iphis has entrusted to Robowaiter many times. If the students can't learn, well, Iphis has no time for "idiot sandwiches" as Chef-Magos Ramsay puts it.

Xun fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 28, 2022