Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Did these Danganronpa re-releases get a retranslation or something? I feel like the script is a little different than when I played it on PS4. They changed the font, too.

That’d be kinda cool if it turned out they did that. I don’t remember the previous version word for word obviously but I just feel like it’s a little different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Also oh poo poo I didn’t realize another Telltale Sam & Max remaster was due out, and on the 8th too!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Looper posted:

i would say start with 4, then play 5 and 6 if you want more of that style, then switch to 1, followed by 0 (but preferably 2 and 3) if you want more of that style

also revelations 1 and 2 both play kinda like a combo of old and newish re, and are good

so 4, 5, and 6 are one style; 1,2, and 3 are another style. what are those styles? i'm gathering 4, 5, and 6 are more actiony than horror? is there any horror in them at all? i'm mostly just looking to scare me and my girlfriend as much as possible.

on that note, what are other truly scary horror games are out there?

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

abelwingnut posted:

so 4, 5, and 6 are one style; 1,2, and 3 are another style. what are those styles? i'm gathering 4, 5, and 6 are more actiony than horror? is there any horror in them at all? i'm mostly just looking to scare me and my girlfriend as much as possible.

Doki Doki Literature Club is legit scary

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
4 has some horror but 5 and 6 have almost none because they’re forced co op and having a janky AI the whole time or a friend to bullshit with kinda breaks any atmosphere

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Doki Doki Literature Club is legit scary

looking at this now, think i'd be pretty drat scared of finding out the kind of people playing this...

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ah poo poo here we go again google images gta screenshot san andreas meme google help

edit: wrong textbox

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
The more I play KOTOR, I think I still don't like it. This is likely the 5th time I've played the first 15ish hours of this game and I hate the combat, the equipment, everything.

I'll buy KOTOR2 day 1 if the port it, still, despite disliking it too.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

tensai posted:

The more I play KOTOR, I think I still don't like it. This is likely the 5th time I've played the first 15ish hours of this game and I hate the combat, the equipment, everything.

I'll buy KOTOR2 day 1 if the port it, still, despite disliking it too.

Try playing the opposite side you've been playing, like if you're good then be evil and vice-versa.

I don't have any other good advice, just a hail mary shot more than anything. I like KOTOR1 but that's probably because I'm a goody two-shoes and am pretty much always a good guy in any non-Bethesda game (since Bethesda games don't give a gently caress if you're evil and being a murderous sneakthief killing everyone is the default best way to play Bethesda games).

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Alternatively stop wasting your life playing games that you don't enjoy

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Alternatively stop wasting your life playing games that you don't enjoy

Also this. If you don't like a game, move on. The Nintendo Switch has like two thousand games, you'll probably like a couple of them!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
We're supposed to get botw2 news before the end of the year, right? I wonder if there will be anything during the game awards

abelwingnut posted:

maybe fatal frame

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

We're supposed to get botw2 news before the end of the year, right? I wonder if there will be anything during the game awards

"Coming 2023"

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Come on Gamestop, ship my Danganronpa Collector's Edition (I just wanted that soundtrack OK?)!

Or else I have to suffer in Dark Souls. Don't do this to me!

EDIT: 5 minutes after this post they shipped it, hurrah! gently caress you, Depths!

EDIT 2: SIX DAYS shipping? Never use Gamestop

Alan_Shore fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 4, 2021

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

abelwingnut posted:

1, 2, and 3 all have fixed cameras and pre-rendered environments and have a focus on horror and resource management. even saving the game is a limited resource (though this is more for mood, you'll never actually be in danger of running out unless you're doing a challenge run). 4 instead has an over-the-shoulder camera and a much bigger emphasis on action, to the point where you can suplex zombies. its tone is much more in line with cheesy b movie horror than what the older games are going for, and the whole game is very quotable (though the terrible script of the original re1 has its moments). 5 and 6 build on 4, and while they attempt more serious stories i think 4 ironically manages to be the scariest of the latter three regardless

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Re4 is one of the Goats and it's a god dang travesty the Switch doesn't have cocksuckin motion aiming

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

abelwingnut posted:

i'm gathering 4, 5, and 6 are more actiony than horror? is there any horror in them at all?

I've never played 5 or 6 but the only horror in 4 is the 10 minute long quick time event cutscenes with nonsense inputs. I will never play that game again.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i think 4's troubled development also lead to the devil may cry series so it's got that going for it as well

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I've never played 5 or 6 but the only horror in 4 is the 10 minute long quick time event cutscenes with nonsense inputs. I will never play that game again.

smh thinking krauser is scary and forgetting regenerators

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Looper posted:

smh thinking krauser is scary and forgetting regenerators

Those are predictable and manageable with excessive force. They are creepy though. There's a lot of good creepy going on in that game, but the QTEs are what truly horrify me.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

QTEs? Oh you mean press the B button when B flashes up? oh noooooo the game is ruined lol

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I had a fun time just finding all the blue medallions to shoot while this crazy horror story happened around me

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

WHY BONER NOW posted:

There is speculation based on a single vague tweet that there will be a new trailer at the game awards.

So naturally I'm all in.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

as if i needed an excuse to watch the mf game awards featuring geoof keighly and over 9000 hours of ubisoft ads

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Interesting: https://kotaku.com/less-than-5-percent-of-managers-at-nintendo-hq-are-wome-1848137143

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

This isn’t shocking with Bowser in charge

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jigsaw posted:

This isn’t shocking with Bowser in charge

That's Nintendo Japan, numbers are higher at other branches(though but as high as they should be, roughly industry standard levels)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

That's Nintendo Japan, numbers are higher at other branches(though but as high as they should be, roughly industry standard levels)

What are the industry standard levels for sexual assaults though?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Got my purple and orange joy-con and they look dope. The orange pops like crazy lol. That said, so yeah the left white joy-con that came with my switch is definitely loose/wobbly compared to the purple one. Still unsure if I caused the joy-con to become loose or if it just happened to be like that and I only noticed after Dread forced me to do all the shinesparks for 100% lmao. Is joy-con wobbliness something Nintendo covers under warranty? Or is it just a QC thing and it just happened to be within Nintendo's tolerance standards?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

abelwingnut posted:

The Amnesia and Outlast games are good and properly scary, but Alien: Isolation is the best horror game on the switch by a wide margin

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Hell yeah my partner got me the danganronpa collector's edition despite finding them "overwhelmingly anime", can't wait to play the expanded board game for 5000 hours

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Everyone here knows Nintendo is a horrendous company to their employees and treats their customers also like poo poo. That's what makes it twice as funny to see their super fans come to their defense every time.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 4, 2021

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Their employees are actually paid more and work less hours per week than most Japanese or American gaming companies. Average salary is $80000, and average work day is 7 hrs 45 minutes. Most Japanese companies are 50-60 hours a week. Average length of employment is 13.5 years. If you are a lovely place to work you do not have that kind of retention. They have diversified their workforce a lot in the last couple decades, the article is talking specifically about percentage of managers specifically in the Japanese branch, which is a lot lower than it should be... a fact they disclosed themselves earlier this week after their own study, saying they want to increase this number.

Other parts like NoA or NoE are closer to 25~30%.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 4, 2021

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

woke kaczynski posted:

Hell yeah my partner got me the danganronpa collector's edition despite finding them "overwhelmingly anime", can't wait to play the expanded board game for 5000 hours

Please tell me what you think of the port and also what the remixed CD is like!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

abelwingnut posted:

Darkwood is pretty scary. I can never get far in it, too paranoid.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Alan_Shore posted:

Please tell me what you think of the port and also what the remixed CD is like!

I opened the three ports pretty quickly, from my extremely brief look they seem solid. I do wish there was a way to import saves or at least say "look I have beaten these games on 3 different platforms, please just give me the extra modes and poo poo".

Ultimate Summer Camp is interesting, I've also only played for maybe an hour at most so far. The expanded cast and new story content and interactions are very appealing to me, and there's been some cool new art already. That said, I don't know if I'm really behind all the changes to the board game, it feels a little grindier. Also, it seems like the battling part doesn't have the dungeon crawling aspect and just focuses on battles, which is a shame because I quite liked that bit. That said, I'm only at the beginning, I dunno exactly how much story and content is gonna be in this silly non-canon game but I'm digging it on the whole. (I'm also a super fan of this series despite itself, see me playing through the games multiple times as mentioned above, and I'm pretty sure I have more hours in the V3 bonus modes than I did in the main game, so this game was hyper targeted at me, heh.)

Also haven't listened to the CD yet bc it's late here but I'm expecting good things, I'll report back later again I'm sure.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Hey I have a dumb switch question.

If I have a physical version of a game and I buy that same game in the eShop, would I still be able to use my old save files in the downloaded version?

Bonus points if you know the answer for games in different regions because I live in the US ended up with a european copy of mario kart somehow.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Their employees are actually paid more and work less hours per week than most Japanese or American gaming companies. Average salary is $80000, and average work day is 7 hrs 45 minutes. Most Japanese companies are 50-60 hours a week. Average length of employment is 13.5 years. If you are a lovely place to work you do not have that kind of retention. They have diversified their workforce a lot in the last couple decades, the article is talking specifically about percentage of managers specifically in the Japanese branch, which is a lot lower than it should be... a fact they disclosed themselves earlier this week after their own study, saying they want to increase this number.

Other parts like NoA or NoE are closer to 25~30%.

A Japanese company with less than 8 hours of work a day lol

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Rahu posted:

Hey I have a dumb switch question.

If I have a physical version of a game and I buy that same game in the eShop, would I still be able to use my old save files in the downloaded version?

Bonus points if you know the answer for games in different regions because I live in the US ended up with a european copy of mario kart somehow.

Yes, the save file doesn't change. Don't know about other regions though. Maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
:thanks: