Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i'm continuously mad because i have a friend who'd like that game but there's nowhere to buy digital keys for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i'm continuously mad because i have a friend who'd like that game but there's nowhere to buy digital keys for it

Yeah, Nintendo really dropped the ball on an additional revenue stream.
I buy loads of games for people through Steam and would do the same for Switch if I could.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Months ago, the director of C'Blast had an AMA and officially lowered the price to $20, they said permanently, while at the same time announcing online multiplayer DLC. They literally just raised the prices, so I'm expecting the DLC announcement soon.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 18, 2022

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Sudden Javelin posted:

I'm disappointed in every game that doesn't contain Majima tbh

XC3 features many eyepatches but not the one I crave

Majima would fit in perfectly if he were in XB3. Hero, villain, both, he would match up great anywhere.

His ouroboros with Kiryu would be dope.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Cant stop thinkin bout maybe grabbin that splatoon oled even though I dont really need an oled since I only handheld about 25% of the time and I've never played splatoon but drat those joycons are sexy

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JITWKutBHUE

Split pad pro update I might have to grab.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Anybody want to kirby rce with me?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Thought that was an OLED lite for a second and got excited. Would be a vita successor

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

bushisms.txt posted:

Dang, that looks nice as hell. I ended up ditching the regular Split Pad because even though it was comfy, it was just far too bulky.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

If they work wirelessly, I’ll take three

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

How did the originals communicate? Was it a wired connection or were they Bluetooth full time and merely just charging from the rails? Feels like that's been how most 3rd party joycons operated.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Sticks wear out?

I probably don't use mine nearly as much as you but I bought the Pac-Man ones as a backup to my DXM originals too. The Mega Man ones also look really nice.

yeaaah you're right

bushisms.txt posted:

and right after i bought a new pair too...! to be honest i actually love how bulky the originals are tho. just feels good

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dream Buffet is such a soothing balm after a lovely day.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Barreft posted:

you're finally getting to Dread lol. hell yeah

Yeah it's been a long year huh? I still wouldn't count on it being played just yet though. I'm way into Triangle Strategy at the moment and Splat3n is likely to catch my attention as well, though that and a month long vacation effectively killed my budding re-interest in MH: Rise, for better or for worse.

With any luck I'll be too strategy gamed out to want to play Advance Wars when it's released, which would make it a perfect time to get Dread, maybe this holiday season.

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE
Dear thread,

I have chosen to sell xenoblade chronicles three- whoever decided to make those little ballbag creatures who sound like tellytubbies can gently caress off. From what i can tell their only purpose is to ruin the tone of the story. Also maybe i am too old but i havent the foggiest what the gently caress is going on in the battles. I am breezing through them (died once in 30hrs) but feel a complete lack of agency/ meaningful choice. Anyway its not for me.

I want to invest that money in a new game:

Im swinging between kirby and live a live.

- kirby mainly cos of this thread, should probably add that i found mario odyssey aimless and mind numbing, but 3d world is my fav Mario (which seems similar in terms of the level style)

-live a live looks cool because i love these kind of goofball/ charming jrpg's and the battle system looks cool/ tactical. Also its supposedly <30 hrs which is a huge plus. My only concern is that it looks like it could be a bit gameplay light.

Any suggestions appreciated.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

That Grip Controller Fit (as the title seems to suggest it's called) looks cool, but the main thing stopping me from all the interesting third-party options is their inability to wake the Switch from sleep :negative:

Also, even though those are slimmer, they look like they still wouldn't fit in my existing Switch case, which is another dealbreaker since I sprang for a fancy leather one

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's likely the new ones will still only be usable in handheld mode like the old ones, thus whether they can wake the Switch or not would be irrelevant since the power button on the console accomplishes the same thing.

For third-party controllers on docked, keep a JoyCon around to wake the console. It sucks that there's a couple more hoops to jump through to connect your controller that way, but it still saves the hassle of walking to your console to turn it on.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Science_enthusiast posted:

Dear thread,

I have chosen to sell xenoblade chronicles three- whoever decided to make those little ballbag creatures who sound like tellytubbies can gently caress off. From what i can tell their only purpose is to ruin the tone of the story. Also maybe i am too old but i havent the foggiest what the gently caress is going on in the battles. I am breezing through them (died once in 30hrs) but feel a complete lack of agency/ meaningful choice. Anyway its not for me.

- kirby mainly cos of this thread, should probably add that i found mario odyssey aimless and mind numbing, but 3d world is my fav Mario (which seems similar in terms of the level style)

-live a live looks cool because i love these kind of goofball/ charming jrpg's and the battle system looks cool/ tactical. Also its supposedly <30 hrs which is a huge plus. My only concern is that it looks like it could be a bit gameplay light.

cringe

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stux posted:

cringe

fr

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dear thread,

try going to your local board game store, so you can buy a Clue

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE
Lol why is it cringe

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

just get kirby

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

whoever decided to make those little ballbag creatures who sound like tellytubbies can gently caress off.

they rock

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

The one with the spiky hair is alright. I dont understand what they are supposed to be adding.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Dear thread,

I have chosen to sell xenoblade chronicles three-

Sell it to me for $35

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Sell it to me for $35

I live in germany

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

Feels Villeneuve posted:

try going to your local board game store, so you can buy a Clue

Seriously is this antagonistic response just because I criticized XC 3

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

I live in germany

OK $35 German monies then

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

you wouldn't necessarily expect it, but RPGs are the genre with the most aggro goon defenders

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dear thread,

So, I can't speak for Live A Live, though I do plan on getting it eventually and the gameplay time looks lovely. Kirby is not aimless like Mario at all. It's got great level design and has plenty of things to do, upgrading powers is as addictive here as anywhere else. If you like excellent level design, and thinking of how people design games Kirby is genuinely an excellent game to just play. It is not a challenging game though, so you may find yourself bored by it. I loved it for the charm and incredible design, but I never had trouble, not even in the post-game which is "harder". You can make it harder on yourself by purposefully using weaker tools I guess, but then you don't get to see all the rad things they did.

So, get Kirby if you want to see a beautifully made game, while aware it's not going to be a challenge if you've any experience with action-platformers.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i mean rpgs seem a little difficult for you, I don't think he was trying to be a dick

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

Nyoro posted:

i mean rpgs seem a little difficult for you, I don't think he was trying to be a dick

Lol chill the gently caress out.

I think my complaints were valid. The game has a ridiculous amount if systems and I think it feels cluttered- and despite that fact I was finding the battles to be pointlessly easy. As i said "its not for me".

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

the game is, indeed, a complicated mess battle wise

i'm not disagreeing with you

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So, I can't speak for Live A Live, though I do plan on getting it eventually and the gameplay time looks lovely. Kirby is not aimless like Mario at all. It's got great level design and has plenty of things to do, upgrading powers is as addictive here as anywhere else. If you like excellent level design, and thinking of how people design games Kirby is genuinely an excellent game to just play. It is not a challenging game though, so you may find yourself bored by it. I loved it for the charm and incredible design, but I never had trouble, not even in the post-game which is "harder". You can make it harder on yourself by purposefully using weaker tools I guess, but then you don't get to see all the rad things they did.

So, get Kirby if you want to see a beautifully made game, while aware it's not going to be a challenge if you've any experience with action-platformers.

This sounds great- thats what i love about 3d world: just appreciating the mission statement of every level. I dont mind easy games- just didnt like odyssey because im not a completionist and dont care about collecting stuff.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

This sounds great- thats what i love about 3d world: just appreciating the mission statement of every level. I dont mind easy games- just didnt like odyssey because im not a completionist and dont care about collecting stuff.

In that case I think you'll like Forgotten Land, it's really just about exploring these small lovely set-pieces and having fun blowing poo poo up with Kirby and his many powers. You may not go for 100%, but the game keeps your interest until the final optional boss rush, which at that point, it's up to you if you want to do it or not. Like Live A Live it's also rather short.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

op have you tried playing bad games as it appears you are not a fan of good ones

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Dear thread,

Live a Live has substantial demo that lets you play 3 chapters.

Kirby has a lot of similarities with Mario 3D World so it sounds like something up your alley.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Stux posted:

cringe

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dear thread,

my suggestion is Xenoblade 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Augus posted:

my suggestion is Xenoblade 3

they have already chosen to sell it OP