Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Say Stux is right without saying Stux is right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

Sucking up to him for quoting your spamcasm last thread
weird post lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Stux & American McGay are kind of like toddlers having a meltdown. Best course of action is just to ignore them until they get bored. Engaging just leads to pain.
Clearly you've never met a toddler... or Stux.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Can I find three goons here willing to join me for a four player game of Ocarina Of Time?
Yeah sure thing. Lemme drive over to the McDonald's parking lot real quick.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Luigi

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Apparently the new AC update is out now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lastdancer posted:

Is there a place to get the high res stickers? I am literally cutting these out of screenshots lol
https://twitter.com/ToyConGarageVR/status/1452084653137989635?t=_j8jVC82BfF_ykTtKP_Ekw&s=19

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It has too much new stuff my brain can't process it all.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Dragon Quest 11S: An interesting shift from Square Enix
what

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Detective No. 27 posted:

He's parodying SMTV reviewers.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Andrast posted:

are smt nerds just mad that people know what persona is, unlike smt

because persona is by the best possible comparison point for smt5
:wrong:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Andrast posted:

and that's fine? there's a reason persona is much more popular than smt

mostly thing seems like people desperately trying to dunk on reviewers for having pretty reasonable opinions

Andrast posted:

yeah how dare they prefer some other thing to a slightly different thing

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Andrast posted:

lol at people pretending smt and persona aren't very similar
:wrong:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Electromax posted:

free cheat for you from the echoes of gamewinners.com

https://twitter.com/vgcartography/status/1456382860919652369
I spent about 20 minutes trying to do just that as soon as I booted the game up.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

b_d posted:

did you succeed?
I did not. I didn't actually remember how to do it, just a vague memory that involved triple jumping in that specific corner somehow.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Detective No. 27 posted:

Maybe they're covering their asses or something, but docking feels no different from docking when I had my previous Switch with the pro pads. I even just now checked to see if maybe it doesn't sit flush but the Switch sits on the dock the same either way. It's always charged fine, hasn't lost connection during a docked session or acted weird.
The OG Switch is ever so slightly narrower than the OLED so maybe the OLED dock is also slightly wider which isn't a huge issue if you're trying to dock an OG Switch until you put big thick attachments on the ends.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Muscle Tracer posted:

i can never figure out how to properly support the console and end up doing it with my pinky fingers, which gets pretty uncomfortable after a while. but on the upside my pinky fingers are now swole and jacked.
The mental gymnastics my mind went through just to try and picture what hosed up weird way you've been holding your Switch gave me a headache.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's said that the remapping of the IR based controls of Prime 2/3 to stick/gyro is likely much more complicated than anyone thought and everyone just claiming it was for sure coming out any day was an idiot rumormonger with no real sources.

The latest rumor is that an enhanced version of Prime 1 is in the pipeline for release sometime before 4 comes out, similar to how Skyward Sword HD came out last year to help fill the gap while waiting for BOTW2.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's very good. I hope they add more playable characters and maps/games. They've been pretty generous with their free updates with other games but idk I can't get a feel for what their plan with Superstars is going forward.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You get a craftable stone stove when you first get the food recipes but idk how material intensive it is.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Microwaved hot dogs ftw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mega64 posted:

Finally 100% Picross S6 with No Assist. Clip 4 felt like it took forever, and of course I still hate the Extra puzzles since one mistake and you might have to redo an hour's work if you aren't lucky to finagle a fix.

Other than that, it's still Picross, and Picross always owns.
Impressive. I've been slowly chipping away at no assist Picross for the last 3 years and I'm just finishing up 2 at the moment. I figure at my current pace there will always be a new Picross game to buy before I complete the last one.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

GreatGreen posted:

I played the new Mario Party game last night.

For some context, I'm trying to get :smug: ~*~my wife~*~ :smug: into video games so I thought this could be a good game for that. I've never played it but I know people who have and they recommended it as an obvious choice for a lighthearted party kind of thing. We set it up so it was her and me against two CPU players set on Easy just to mess around. Started playing on Yoshi's island or whatever the level is called.

We were having a great time right up until the very end of the game. In the board game, there's a mechanic that can randomly swap all stars and coins between any two random players. Not either stars or coins, but "Player A gives all of their stars and all of their coins to Player B in exchange for all of Player B's stars and coins. Two turns before the end of the game, where my wife and I had both earned a good amount of stars and coins as I was helping her out with mini games and figuring stuff out, and we were kind of clobering the CPU characters, this happened to my wife. A CPU character landed on a special event spot where that character has to roll to determine two random characters to swap a random collection of their resources. The dice was rolled and boom. The situation was Character C landed on that spot and rolled dice such that that my wife's character had to trade all of her stars and coins (like, 3 stars and 90 coins) with CPU character D, who had played the whole game poorly and had literally 0 stars and like 3 coins... two turns before the game ended, leaving my wife's character coinless and starless, and the "Easy" CPU character sitting with tons of resources.

Can anybody explain to me how this mechanic doesn't invalidate literally the entire game?

At that stage of the game, you're literally trading your entire game's progress with somebody else. It's not even internally consistent. What is the point of even having a board game format that tracks stars and coins and whatever else at all if there's a mechanic that just randomly swaps literally every resource owned by one character with another character with literally nothing either character can do to influence it? So you spend the entire game playing well and racking up points and there's only one or two turns left in the game? Guess what? gently caress you! This other character landed on a spot so now everything you have done for the entire game goes to that other character who sucked at everything and has nothing, and there's nothing you can do about it, and you have no time to make up any of it. Have a great day!

So I'm honestly asking, why does the board game part of Mario Party exist at all if it's just chaos and nothing matters and anybody's points can go to anybody else at any time because gently caress you? I realize I'm getting more annoyed than I should but I was excited to be able to play video games with my wife, and I think this poo poo has put her off them for a good while, and I don't blame her. Why would anybody play any game with a "progress" system if out of nowhere, without warning beforehand, it can just be completely invalidated at any time with no ability to influence it?

So, yeah. Sorry for blowing up, but based on this event alone I'm saying the game sucks, is bullshit, and shouldn't be played by anybody.
Lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This thread owns so much lol.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
SMRPG is overrated and ugly as sin.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Gold/Silver ftw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I can't believe the game that has been marketed completely as a graphical remake with no new forms, moves, megas, characters or events has no new forms, moves, megas, characters or events.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nintendo outright bought Next Level Games after the showcase they put on with Luigi's Mansion 3 and also greatly expanded their staff so I'm hoping they're working on 2 games now and one of those games is a new Strikers.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/DUSKdev/status/1458082680604594188

gently caress em up DUSKdev

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
"This is the funniest poo poo I've seen in years"

I feel bad for your life.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

shut the gently caress up

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Heartgold is the best Pokemon game. They should have never evolved past those graphics.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just think of it as Persona without the heart.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
People just love being angry. They're little gremlins who have never known joy.

Sure it sucks that the billion dollar company who has sat on their asses and printed money with GTAV/O for the past 10 years didn't put even the tiniest bit of effort into these ports, but the amount of attention it's getting online is absurd. Go play a good game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

man nurse posted:

I can’t speak for the switch version but at least for 3 and VC on PS5 the visual improvements are mostly great and the QoL stuff essential improvements. I couldn’t see myself ever playing the originals now that this is an option. Hopefully some patches will address the more egregious stuff like the rain but overall I find the work done here to be more on the better side of things.
Sorry but you're not a Twitter account with 🔞 in your username so I simply can't take your word for it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The new Animal Crossing update is massive. It's completely sucked me back in, and I've hardly even touched the DLC yet.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Rocket Pan posted:

I don't go for that nerd poo poo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The United States posted:

click on the link

do it
Stop posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

b_d posted:

i solved maybe like 10-15 puzzles in baba is you before i was blocked by stumpers in all directions. i'm sure i could work some of them out by going back to them and messing around but i'm not doing that. it made me extremely aware of how stupid i am. i don't like it. great game! amazing design. never gonna play it.
Yeah, I made it maybe 30 puzzles in before it started to truly hurt my brain, and the solving process was nowhere near as rewarding as something like Picross, so I gave up.

More power to the people who are good at it though, might be the most creative game I've ever seen, gonna be wild to see what custom puzzles people come up with.