Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hey 100 how are your thoughts now this far into FFX?

I was going to play again but the unskippable cutscenes pushed me to actually play FFX-2 for the first time and I'm liking it. I miss Blitzball though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I got over 50 hours in Sword, I don't remember much of any of it, but the DLC ruled. Also doing quick multiplayer fights in the Wilds. First Pokemon I ever played though so yeah.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

why does the best console forum always get so hostile lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

^^ Yeah!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I personally feel Dread's overrated

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

It's 2D so it should have been $15 at best

you can beat it in less than 2 hours. $15 is stretching it, I feel $10

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Playing FFx-2 and I dunno if my split pad pro is set to turbo on A, but this is awesome just holding the A button down and letting the girls attack. weed left hand, right thumb other. murica baby

easy grind

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

X-2 has the distinction of being fun, goofy and extremely easy to become OP in like the first three hours.

Or get a certain setup going overnight and have giga White Mages that can do everything.

Details? There's too many good games so I'd like to blitz through this.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

hey guess what nintendo is good. switch is good. aew is good, make sure to tune in at 8pm on tnt!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sounds terrible OP

Mr Brodie would be upset right now with u

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hrist posted:

You know how they sell very average quality t-shirts for literally $500? That's the same as NFTs. The fashion industry has been keeping scams and money laundering in front of us all this time. It just got more obvious when it applied to blockchain jpegs.

Not looking forward to the cyberpocalypse where they get the bright idea to use Picross implemented NFTs to trick people into thinking they're good (NFTs, not Picross. Picross is good.)

It's only going to get worse, people can't afford anything so they're going all in on anything they think will make them rich. Kinda like lottery tickets except that's real money.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

I can't decide if I should get GTA on Switch or PC! drat it.

I was gonna buy on PC but the Deck was delayed and I'm now at Q2, definitely buying on Switch

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Bought the GTA Trilogy. Downloading now.

GTA 3 - 2.6gb

Vice City - 5.3gb

San Andreas - 11.9gb

:toot:

Is it out now??

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

i hate you

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Unlocks tonight. Not sure if midnight or 3am eastern.

But you can pre-download.

k buying now thanks

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Detective No. 27 posted:

GTA Trilogy seems like the biggest wait and see released all year.

Actually yeah, seeing the price I'm gonna wait a bit

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I'm playing Vice City the minute it unlocks and I'll post my good as hell opinions on it.

Kept going back and forth between Switch or PS5 and realized there's no way in hell the graphics will look any better between 4K or 1080, but I WOULD play the hell out of it in handheld mode at work or whatever.

Now if I could just get an OLED.

Let me know how it is, I'm living vicariously through you here

e: I wasn't going to get an OLED but I'm probably going to with the Deck being delayed.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

For the curious this is the actual most disliked video on youtube lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJOTdZBX1g

I'm not watching that

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

US, thoughts?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

FFX-2 definitely getting into my personality.

https://i.imgur.com/TAUpvxq.mp4

e: sound, that was pretty good timing 30 sec video on my switch.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 11, 2021

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

When I was a desperate 16 year old Bust Rodd I was more than capable of cranking hog to the Candy Suxxx missions in Vice City!

https://twitter.com/vinepotato/status/1458560837233389568?s=21

Why… I couldn’t crank hog to this! I couldn’t crank hog to this at ALL!

You jerk off your dick to everything, and gently caress everything. Please keep your weird open sex life poo poo out of this thread please

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Weedle posted:

ok i bought gta and have only played 3 so far but it doesn't seem great. the resolution is sub-hd in handheld mode and it doesn't even come close to sticking a solid 30 fps, which is disappointing to say the least for a game this old. the new character models are meh. they don't look very good but the old ones didn't either. the vehicle draw distance is still pretty bad and traffic visibly phases in a lot. the new control scheme and targeting system is good and it feels like they've subtly improved the overall vehicle physics as well, although it's still pretty goofy. i also appreciate that they added a gps route to the minimap. overall though it feels only marginally less phoned-in than the existing mobile ports. i really love these games, am glad to have them on switch, and will definitely play through them all, but i wish rockstar would give more of a poo poo about preserving them in the best state possible. imagining a gta remaster with the care and attention of a nightdive release just makes me sad because we'll probably never get one

I was gonna buy it but I'm gonna get SMTV instead. Seems the wise investment atm

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Stux posted:

i find them acceptabnle. what now, going ot kill me?

please dont engage with bust rodd

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Commander Keene posted:

I picked up a Split Pad Pro today at Walmart, let's see if it's as good as everyone raves about. It looks comically oversized on my Switch, none of the pictures I'd seen prepared me for how thick this controller is in comparison to the Switch unit.

its so good. rests so great in your hands

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The split pad pro looks pretty cool but it does bug me that it doesn't have rumble

that does suck i agree but you get like abn extra 3 hours before your hands cramp and die

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Plus you can always switch for different games lol

It's not like youre soldering in the split pad

Split Pad/Satisfye/Pro Controller elite gamer here

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

23 Skidoo posted:

Speaking of the Split Pad Pro, I bought some Binbok rgb knock-offs from Nyxi Gaming, and I love them.

Bought KOTOR, have never played, hopefully the combat isn't as poo poo as some of you make out.

its hard to explain but the binboks have a large base like where your ring/pinky is at, it's kinda uncomfortable for me so I've stuck to the Split Pad which goes from top thick to thin at the bottom of the grips. like the bottoms are quite bulbous on the binboks.

horny controller chat here sry

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Took a pic:

Binboks the top one, its just uncomfortable

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I have Quake, and I use the Split Pad, and the gyro is fantastic

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Split pad pro lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That’s a shame, it’s great.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Mega64 posted:

I've completely Skyrimmed myself out over the past ten years. Janky as gently caress, but I still enjoyed the hundreds of hours I put into it.

Yeah it's still a fun sandbox when you're bored or high or something. I'll load it up and do like a mage quest or two and bail. or just wander around until I forget why I was doing that anyway.

Though with the same, the new Animal Crossing DLC has consumed like 20 hours of my life the last week

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Rocket Pan posted:

I'm one of the developers of the Doom 64 rerelease. I know how the game is supposed to look. :P

look, stux knows better than you

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Challenge made.

Rocket Pan, thoughts?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I support you Stux but you poo poo on The United States, rightfully for just posting videos and being a robot with no opinions.

So help us understand the SWOLED better than just a weird color graphic

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I think we need more OLED color spectrum discussion.

I can't play games without knowing

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Blitzball time bitches. Thanks 100 for motivating me to play this again

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Also United States drat are you a YouTube video bot

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

fr0id posted:

Playing the switch in handheld mode with the default joycons is causing me hand pain, especially in my right thumb. What are some good replacement joycons, particularly for any folks who have had a similar issue.

Hori Split Pad. Satisfye is nice but it still uses the joycons. Get the Pad for max comfort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

I got a 8bitdo Pro2, but I find it less comfortable then my Switch Pro, but it's hard to articulate how/why, it feels subtly smaller or something, or maybe it's just the stick placement or the shoulder design? I don't even have big hands.

I like the Switch Pro controller more too. I've totally Kramered into this thread but for comfortable hands Split Pad Pro is the way to go over Satisfye. I have both and the joycons just aren't comfortable no matter what grip you put on them.