Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
So I won a $500 dollar Best Buy gift card a while ago and tonight I'm spending it on a Switch and some games. Tell me which games I should buy. I'm leaning towards Kirby, Zelda, Paper Mario or Monster Hunter cause it's not out on PC yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

Good, but fast travel seems to only work in handheld mode. Dunno why

is that just a switch bug or is it a whole game thing? cause fast travel is already really loving weird on pc too but there seems to be certain things you need to do to make it work.

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 07:32 on May 28, 2022

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

It's June now. Meltdown May is over, you can stop already.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Are Xenoblade 1/2 direct sequels? Basically what I'm asking is do I need to play one to play the other and if not is 2 better than 1? I need something to itch my RPG fix after I already smashed through Earthbound for like the 20th time.

Or should I do Triangle Strategy or Octopath Traveler?

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 2, 2022

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

For the new page;

Large Testicles posted:

Or should I do Triangle Strategy or Octopath Traveler?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

So I ended up getting Triangle Strategy and I'm only after the first battle and I switched voice language from english to japanese like right away and it's so much better. Jiraiya from Naruto's voice actor is the first enemy you fight.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Upsidads posted:

Triangle Strat has a very good political intrigue story with bad voice work and a great hard but fair difficulty.
Great game

Like I said earlier, turn on Japanese voices at the beginning and don't even bother checking out the English VAs, they're loving atrocious.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Harrow posted:

Honestly there are only a couple bad English voices IMO, and some really good ones (Frederica's actress gives a fantastic performance when the story gets going, for example).

The issue is that Serenoa is one of the bad ones.

She's one of the one's I hated in the beginning but good for her if it gets better as it goes.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Isn't KOTOR2 like notoriously buggy and basically unfinished?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Commander Keene posted:

I assume corpos will fight anything that requires them to spend even a penny, even especially if said expense was the only reason for them to exist in the first place.

the only reason for any business to exist is to make money for their shareholders specifically to the exclusion of everything else

Spacebump posted:

Doesn't the restored content stuff fix a lot of those issues?
ah, i didn't know they were adding that in too

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Cattail Prophet posted:

I've got no horse in this argument but yes, extremely.

yeah, double dash is easily the best Mario Kart and i'll hear no arguments against that, Goodday

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Bleck posted:

Double Dash was the worst Mario Kart and I'm glad it's dead. I'd piss on its grave if it had one.

I SAID GOODDAY

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Hammering F5 on metacritic so I can get up-to-the-second opinions from people who are somehow even stupider than me

I do that exact same thing except with this thread.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I would do anything to get the rest of those tracks right now

Lol 2023 pal

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

there's an EU one goin on right now so US might get one soon too

edit: gently caress, looking at the EU one right now and there are some crazy deals. MH:R, Diablo 3, Hades and a shitload more are 50% off, blasphemous is 75% off and even a bunch of first party poo poo is discounted like 25%

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 10, 2022

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Hammer Bro. posted:

Not only am I gonna do so, I'm also going to lend it.

People play LRG games without buying.

Back when FuncoLand was still a thing a friend and I bought a second copy of Metal Gear Solid 2 entirely because it had a custom hand-drawn cover insert.

It was entirely in ballpoint pen.

You might even say it was BiCcin'.

I was a manager at Gamestop about 15 years ago and I got fired in part because of my insistence on taking this one guy's trade ins that had awesome custom covers, like really high quality fan art. my district manager would get pissed off every time he came in and saw like 30 of them up in a special section i setup for them and told me to stop taking them in. i smiled and nodded every time for about 5 months before i got the boot for being an hour late because of DST

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Mega64 posted:

Please tell me you have some pictures of these.

maybe if i could find the charger to my old potato phone but i don't know where either of those things are.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

People interact with other people online with things like games and not just vapid shitposting? That sounds like some toxic poo poo I want nothing to do with.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Kinda annoyed we're not getting a sale this weekend like the Euros.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Smirking_Serpent posted:

so apparently the devs have confirmed that the Switch version of KOTOR 2 is currently unable to be completed, there's some bug like halfway through.

i said it in the game glitches thread but i knew there were gonna be issues with it when they said that the "unofficial" patch was gonna be released at a later date. the game was basically unplayable without it on PC

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

lunar detritus posted:

The one reason I have been avoiding high refresh rate monitors, they blow up GPU budgets and once you get used to them ruin almost every other gaming platform. :negative:

Eh, I'm totally fine playing on my switch after swapping from my 165hz monitor. It's only when the switch lags and you get frames dropped that it's noticeable.

The 4k to 1080 is the drastic part.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

The Bloop posted:

Well ok this example fine but that detail isn't really the point is it

it's kinda why there's the MetalNES emulator being worked on now. hardware emulation through code is tricky and sometimes poo poo is buggy (i am not a programmer at all either)

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Guess who impulse bought $60 worth of games because they were on sale and probably won't get played for months, if ever!

Oh I know this, it was me, but it was like $120 cause I also bought Ring Fit on sale at Best Buy

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

in a surprise move this week, Nintendo has decided to appeal to the terminally online crowd and is calling the new console the Nintendo Switch 69420

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Snake Maze posted:

And ruin the matte finish!?

Lol if your balls aren't at least Semi-Gloss

some of you dry ball mother fuckers are probably Eggshell

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Really thinking about picking up Live a Live but i want to see all of y'alls reactions first since I never played the original.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

I'm pretty sure that's exactly why every time I've tried to revisit FF8 since the PS1 era I've bounced off it hard. I hate Triple Triad and I hate it in FF14 too

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

ilitarist posted:

I play on Standard maps no problem. Turn processing does take some time, but it doesn't feel that bad cause while the turn rolls the game allows you to scroll the map, check out city stats and reports etc.

Also they did a great job at UI. I honestly prefer it to PC version, mostly because PC version UI is very bad, Devs just threw stuff over the screen assuming players will find what they need with mouse. Gamepad controls give you shortcuts when and where you need them.

Oh, and the load times are very long.

load times are long as hell on my civ4 game on my bleeding edge pc so makes sense

the one thing you get used to playing civ games is that it takes like 2 minutes to load your game no matter what you're playing it on

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

umm, idk how I feel about being Risky Kong.

also Uppity Kong? yeesh, definitely written by someone in the UK

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Ok, I just started Live a Live and The Steel Titan theme song near the beginning of near future loving rules

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

KingSlime posted:

Also true for anbernic devices, prepare to tweak w custom firmware or at the least RetroArch settings to really optimize your experience. Its quite fiddly but once it's set you're golden

Switch OLED just works on boot up which is why I also gave up on my PC in favor for my ps5

To some of us, tweaking and getting poo poo setup is half the fun.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Augus posted:

i believe the word for those people is “psychopaths”

you're not far off. i've had my pc for a year and a half now and i still fiddle with the OC settings

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Mierenneuker posted:

...but enough said of No Man's Sky launch for PC and PS4 in 2016.

(it's happening again lmao)

yeah but they did end up adding it in, and fairly quickly, so not really getting your point. NMS is legit good now.

do I think it'll be good on the switch tho? eh, if you haven't played it on an actually powerful system, maybe? i don't know what they're gonna do to make it play well on the switch cause it can be fairly graphically intensive during parts of it and i've never tried it on potato mode on my pc so i haven't seen that. also i don't know what patch they're planning on releasing the switch version on cause if it's not like at least around the 8th one, it's gonna be kinda rough

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Bleck posted:

They should make a game that's like BotW except your goal is to take pictures of cool animals and instead of walking around and killing monsters I am instead friends with all the monsters and they tell me where the cool animals are and how to lure them into good spots for photos. Hire me, Nintendo.

You're basically looking for Pokemon Snap

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Hammer Bro. posted:

My fan has been making the horrible buzzing noise for a while and I've mostly ignored it but now my Switch self-suspends due to overheating issues after an hour or two.

Anyone know how hard it would be to open it up and try to clean out the fan area?

I don't necessarily want to send it to Nintendo for servicing because it's a 1.0 Switch and I've heard some people getting back non-1.0s.

It’s super easy if you have the right screwdriver

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

i have xb:de from a best buy coupon, should i bother with that or just get xb3 with how much better everyone is saying it is?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

oh gently caress, i totally forgot about the everquest/BG tie in game for the PS2

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You could also just not pay attention to the plot.

i see this argument more and more and while i technically understand it, i will never agree with it and actively hate it. like the gameplay is good and all in triangle strategy but you're missing out on like 90% of the game by ignoring plot. do you just watch movies by skipping to the action scenes? gorilla channel motherfuckers who do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Detective No. 27 posted:

Agreed completely. Reviews complained about the cutscenes being too long and having too much dialogue, but that was explicitly part of the marketing and how it was presented to be during the Nintendo Directs when they unveiled it. The complaints would have been like dinging a visual novel for not having enough first person shooting.

And the plot was compelling enough to warrant the amount of dialogue and cutscene length.

it would be totally different if people were like "yeah go ahead and read about how to get the secret ending and do it the first time so you can get the whole story on one playthrough" but to actually suggest you skip the story is being a philistine

e; this wasn't meant to be an attack on the person who i originally quoted, but one against the argument itself. idk if you do it without VA cause some of them are loving awful and yeah, there are some games where the plot is absolute rear end and you dont need to worry about it but there are also games where the story is the whole point.

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 8, 2022