Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

You can pry Ludwig on a moped from my cold dead hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

LuckyCat posted:

Speaking of Zelda. I never beat BotW because I’m a bad gamer so I started a new save file last night. This is the time!

I'm debating this because I haven't beaten it either (2/4 Divine Beasts), but I have so many upgraded clothes and dolly dress-up is the most important part of any video game for me

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Palmtree Panic posted:

Really hope Mystical Ninja starring Goemon makes it the service.

Oh my god I’d absolutely throw down for the expansion pack for this (and/or the sequel)

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

is there any way to fix stick drift on a switch lite that's halfway idiotproof? or am i doomed to walk backwards ever so slowly forever

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

"can" and "should" are very different words

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Advanced AI and deepfake tech to bring Bob Hoskins back from the grave

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I legitimately love the hot mess that is the Super Mario Bros. movie.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

My lite's d-pad has now started randomly confusing up with down but down still works correctly :v:

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

So I bought this forgetting that the OLED is slightly larger and it's just not gonna work.

Anyone know of basically the exact same thing but for OLED?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083QGSTTM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_6ZX5Y8EFJ1YJFCMMXR87?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It'd be nice to have swappable grips, dock, use the kickstand and slide out the joycons. Though that last one is not required at all.

https://www.amazon.com/Skull-Co-GripCase-OLED-Transparent/dp/B09P9SG1TG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Skull%2B%26%2BCo.&qid=1652913592&sr=8-1&th=1 or https://www.amazon.com/Skull-Co-Neo...633&sr=8-5&th=1 ?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Len posted:

It's going to be as soon as they announce the sequel being made by squenix

Give me SMRPG Remake instead of this FF7 nonsense

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Bug Squash posted:

Geno gets replaced

how dare you

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

badass newground mario ftw

they always used the forest maze song but where is Boosters theme

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

worms butthole guy posted:

How is the switch port of disco Elysium

Good, but fast travel seems to only work in handheld mode. Dunno why

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I like to throw balls at the monsters and then the monsters go inside the balls

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Professor Oak is the hottest man alive.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

KingSlime posted:

Sometimes all you can do is embrace the horny when perusing the switch thread

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Megahorn_(move)

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I clearly missed the most hosed-up pokemon games

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

sometimes I use the items, sometimes I don’t. it’s nice that the game is versatile enough to support multiple ways to play :)

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Is Spiritfarer cool? it's on sale

Star posted:

Big euro sale in case anyone’s missed it. Several first party titles as well as other stuff. Thinking about picking up Slay the spire, doom and maybe the legend of Zelda.

is there a way to trick the NA store into giving me these deals

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

A non-game sounds real good right now tbh

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I said a non-game not NO games!!!

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I don't understand the point of using another controller with the switch lite but it's cool that the colors match I guess

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

the popular ALTUS franchise Persona is coming to Nintendo Switch and you should be very excited for it

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I got a bunch of knockoff controllers that all wake up the switch from sleep mode???

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

They’re all cheapo binboks or PowerAs, sadly

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

let's talk about the portal collection and how i'm going to buy portal 2 for the third time

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

portal 2 is good but i still laughed when a friend pointed out that the way they made Portal into a "real game" was to add segments where you run on a catwalk while things explode around you

i guess this was more on point when it was released and cinematic FPS games were still big

release half-life 2 on switch so i can jump around with my crowbar smashing everything while people give plot points and instructions, cowards

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Spellman posted:

Something I haven't seen mentioned about Portal

In the options, it has full motion control with the Joy-cons, and tilt controls with the Pro Controller. I wanted this

I still need to try this out; I've been playing handheld so far

still so, so good.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Guess who impulse bought $60 worth of games because they were on sale and probably won't get played for months, if ever!

it was me

i bought shredder's revenge despite having it via game pass because buying it for switch was cheaper than buying more xbox controllers on the off chance i ever have multiple people want to play it irl

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

i replaced the shell and sticks on my lite and it was a big pain in the rear end because 1) ribbon cables are annoying 2) my shell was originally missing parts. but it looks like a game boy now

if my sticks start drifting again idk if i'll go to all that trouble tho

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Portal is so freaking good.

:hmmyes:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Portal 2 I think is maybe top 5 of all time. It’s sickeningly good. The way valve were telling stories in games over a decade ago is still lightyears ahead of nearly every other studio even today

it's perfect. no notes.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I don't remember it being particularly twitchy? So far I haven't been held back by the sticks this time around

I need to try the motion controls more (I tried with binboks but not official joy-cons)

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

the best defensive horniness is a good offensive horniness

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Your Computer posted:

i tried to find out how often it goes on sale and has it truly only been on sale one time...? and i missed it...

well good to know i've been waiting for a sale in vain

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

Is Crysis 2 worth playing? And are the load times on portal companion a deal killer?

I haven't fired up 2 yet (finally got around to finishing 1 again this morning), but load times weren't bad on 1

looking forward to hearing J.K. Simmons scream about lemons all over again

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I don't remember the N64 controller being difficult but I can't remember using the d-pad even once

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Mischief Makers uses the D-Pad so you hosed up in one way or another.

to my great shame, I'm 99% sure Mischief Makers was one of those games I only read about in nintendo power and dreamed of owning

idk why i never just rented it.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

more like bioschlock. is that anything

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I like the barbershop Beach Boys :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Buy-n-Shuck, the corn farm management sim