Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Matthews posted:

Jack explicitly states he has no interest in her as a person.

That doesn't rule out interest in her as a booty call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Matthews posted:

Wasn't that before the heroes got their memories sorted out?

Besides, this is the only way Jack smashes:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/725444634406551573/1112212995704111145/1886046171b88-master_playlist.mp4

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 4, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
astos more like his rear end is toast

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

astos more like his rear end is toast

Astos is short for rear end-TOS, rear end Terminal Operating System. In this essay, I shall

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

theyrethesamepicture.jpg

Final Fantasy

Fast and Furious

Makes you think

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

OhFunny posted:

Alright. Time to give Final Fantasy XI a shot.

These bats ain't so tough. I'll run further out toward that bird.

If you're playing retail and not a private server, go back into town and unlock the trust system, it allows you to summon NPC party members and the first one you get is always a healer.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Matthews posted:

Yeah before a bunch of poo poo the changes them as characters and things like, the memories and connected emotions they're all kind of pushing away come back.

He loved them both.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Jack polycule.

His only rule is that you must love killing CHAOS as much as he does. Well maybe not as much, that's impossible. But he'd settle for like, maybe 60%.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Jack seemed to like her well enough in the flashbacks but I got the impression he considered her important for the sake of the world and the Plan than any romantic feelings.

That said, its at least as much if not more than Noctis gets for Lunafreya so there's no reason not to count it as a timeless romance for the ages.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jack is asexual

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jack is asexual

yeah, jack is a sexual beast that loves everyone - but especially loves killing chaos

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jack is asexual

Jack is a sexual what

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/SegaOfPlanetune/status/1155953383074758658

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Frorgbot saw that cowardly teleport nonsense and was having none of it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

After replaying 7R and the CC remake I have vibrated myself into a deeper understanding of what's happening in the changed parts of it.

This isn't the Save Aerith Arc.

This is the Sephiroth Retrieval Arc. We're redeeming that generally kind of nice guy before his complete mental brakedown.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

jokes posted:

Jack is a sexual what

Tyranosaur

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Divine punishment for playing on console.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1665342665502920706

"the game will have a story"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love Indomitable

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

This is such a nothing answer I have to applaud the audacity to even answer in the first place.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Gologle posted:

This is such a nothing answer I have to applaud the audacity to even answer in the first place.

It's the PR version of pressing Triangle during combat in FFX.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm ready for Cait Sith's inevitable destiny (to get crushed by a temple to make way for Cait Sith #2).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
a major leak has confirmed that in yet another timeline divergence, FF7 Rebirth will feature Cait Sith #3

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

mad?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

no, remake kicked rear end and I just think that answer is very funny

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm ready for Cait Sith's inevitable destiny (to get crushed by a temple to make way for Cait Sith #2).

In this timeline, cait sith being crunched down inside of the black materia will allow Reeve to aid in stopping Jenova from controlling meteor alongside Aerith and Sephiroth.

Just a atomic sized doll throwing levers and switches.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It will turn out Cait Sith is being controlled by a smaller Cait Sith which is controlled by Reeve.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Everyone who dies will go hang out with Zack in the What If? storyline. That's right, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth: Dawn of Souls

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Aeris is the one who shrinks the black materia leaving Cait Sith to be stabbed at the City of the Ancients.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

After replaying 7R and the CC remake I have vibrated myself into a deeper understanding of what's happening in the changed parts of it.

This is the Sephiroth Retrieval Arc. We're redeeming that generally kind of nice guy before his complete mental brakedown.

I should really get through crisis core reunion this month

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I should really get through crisis core reunion this month

You should, Sephiroth starts out as an introverted but decent guy who occasionally cracks jokes.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Televisio Frankus posted:

You should, Sephiroth starts out as an introverted but decent guy who occasionally cracks jokes.

Doesn't that also describe Cloud

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Doesn't that also describe Cloud

A coincidence, I'm sure

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

While I'm not sure about "redemption" specifically, I am pretty certain that "Sephiroth as a separate entity from Jenova" will play a role.

Televisio Frankus posted:

I'd describe CC Cloud as being more "shy" compared with Sephiroth, who is more "aloof."

Gologle posted:

I love "chain of narrative developments"

Basically just answering with "the most bare-bones definition of what a story is."

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

jokes posted:

Jack is a sexual what

jack likes to smash

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

jack likes to smash chaos

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

While I'm not sure about "redemption" specifically, I am pretty certain that "Sephiroth as a separate entity from Jenova" will play a role.

I'd describe CC Cloud as being more "shy" compared with Sephiroth, who is more "aloof."

I love "chain of narrative developments"

Basically just answering with "the most bare-bones definition of what a story is."

I mean even when we see him in flashback in 7 before the revelations he's genuinely pretty nice and chummy. He talks to the grunts sent with him like they're people and is pretty pally with Zach. And since Zach's back in play and doesn't wanna lose more friends we're gonna save Sephiroth.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

I mean even when we see him in flashback in 7 before the revelations he's genuinely pretty nice and chummy. He talks to the grunts sent with him like they're people and is pretty pally with Zach. And since Zach's back in play and doesn't wanna lose more friends we're gonna save Sephiroth.

Isn't the Kalm flashback more that 'nice, chummy Cloud' is actually Zack? Buddying up with everyone is a much more Zack thing, while Cloud was pretty much a quiet lonely kid that only joined SOLDIER to impress his crush and then got sent back on a mission where he was still stuck as a lowly grunt.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

Isn't the Kalm flashback more that 'nice, chummy Cloud' is actually Zack? Buddying up with everyone is a much more Zack thing, while Cloud was pretty much a quiet lonely kid that only joined SOLDIER to impress his crush and then got sent back on a mission where he was still stuck as a lowly grunt.

she's referring to sephiroth. even if you exclude crisis core he was perfectly pleasant until the revelations in the nibelheim reactor

but FF7R's sephiroth is completely removed from that character in terms of both background and agenda who knows what'll be done with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I pray to you, please do not look up the Eikon fights before you play FFXVI. They are something you 100% want to experience blind.

I can't say anything else but that but please go in blind for those even if you can't resist story spoilers.