Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Voodoofly posted:

I don’t know. Nothing about her feels scummy so far. I hadn’t read her closely yesterday before merk claimed as I was just starting my read of merk at the time. Also nothing about her posts today pinged me.

I’d normally say I thinks it’s uncommon for two scum to be leading votes on d1 or d2, especially with a full scum team to defend them, but last game I was in had sand and Hal as voteleaders day 2 and I’ve already been stupidly wrong assuming logical play on scum this game.

Or this post about how I didn’t think bif was scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Are you sure?

Because this looks like you were suggesting to vote bif.

Either way this is a terrible thought process that doesn't make sense for a townie to have either way. Which is exactly why I questioned you back in the day.

Why even float such an idea?

Look sometime when you aren’t scum we can discuss mafia theory and how lights out mafia is hugely in favor of town. The execution is towns main weapon which is why allowing them more executions for each scum kill is super powerful. The inverse of a scum team with multiple kills.

But why would you ever float a stupid idea like that.

But thanks again for telling me I don’t know how to think about a game I’ve been playing for twenty years.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

That should say why would I ever float a stupid idea like that.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Voodoofly posted:

You know the exchange that ended with this.

I like how yami skipped my post about “consider my vote on hum” but not wanting an early hammer because hum was close to hammer.

Voodoofly posted:

Or this post about how I didn’t think bif was scum

You still suggested voting out somebody you think was town just to kill 2 people...

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Voodoofly posted:

Look sometime when you aren’t scum we can discuss mafia theory and how lights out mafia is hugely in favor of town. The execution is towns main weapon which is why allowing them more executions for each scum kill is super powerful. The inverse of a scum team with multiple kills.

But why would you ever float a stupid idea like that.

But thanks again for telling me I don’t know how to think about a game I’ve been playing for twenty years.

Yeah except you didn't believe both of them to be non-town.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

You still suggested voting out somebody you think was town just to kill 2 people...

Yep. Early in mafia you often don’t know about people and bif was involved in a strange tangle of lies. If I felt confident it would have also eliminated hum I would have seriously considered it. Just as I would seriously consider executing two people im unsure about early in every game of mafia.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

I think Voodoo is probably the remaining scum. If that is true I'm not entirely sure who the SK would be.

Maybe it's Deadmeat though - that instant vote on the doctor seems a bit strange by a newbie if they were townie. But that's something for later probably.

I am a little worried about Deadmeat being completely overlooked, but it could just be Beet and Voodoo. Beet could be SK and more able to sound like a reasonable townie also doing a bit of scumhunting for real sometimes. Voodoo could be more likely scum for actually taking a shot at keeping merk around a while longer. It wasn't a done deal when things had been so dug in on me already.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yeah except you didn't believe both of them to be non-town.

I didn’t? Funny that you asked me point blank if I thought bif was town and I said “I don’t know”.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Voodoofly posted:

I don’t know. Nothing about her feels scummy so far. I hadn’t read her closely yesterday before merk claimed as I was just starting my read of merk at the time. Also nothing about her posts today pinged me.

I’d normally say I thinks it’s uncommon for two scum to be leading votes on d1 or d2, especially with a full scum team to defend them, but last game I was in had sand and Hal as voteleaders day 2 and I’ve already been stupidly wrong assuming logical play on scum this game.

And then you literally said "Nothing about her feels scummy so far" a single sentence afterwards...

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

I am a little worried about Deadmeat being completely overlooked, but it could just be Beet and Voodoo. Beet could be SK and more able to sound like a reasonable townie also doing a bit of scumhunting for real sometimes. Voodoo could be more likely scum for actually taking a shot at keeping merk around a while longer. It wasn't a done deal when things had been so dug in on me already.

That's what I'm thinking too. Voodoo's our best shot today, I think, but I'm honestly not sure who the remaining non-town is.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Bif read yamis posts please. They are cherry-picking and twisting things in the hope people won’t actually read them.

Like that exchange was with you, in response to your questions, and you didn’t seem to find it odd then because it was answering a hypothetical you posed.

Yes, I absolutely thought merk was town. You all absolutely thought meen was scum. I was wrong. You were wrong. But I’m not the one trying to twist something here.

I think yamis vote is a bus. I think scum would be scared once toalp outed merk and want to jump it. Yami is right that they pushed merk hard from that out and I agree with them. Hence it’s a bus not a “you made some weak case or something”

Yamis total defense has been to say I can’t think about anything, about how a doctor claim should be considered unquestionable, and now I was trying to get you killed when I thought you were town when both of those statements are false.

Yeah, if you think I was trying to save merk as a scum move that’s fair vote me. But otherwise I’ve wanted to vote hum who was lying and yami, and I guess whoever tommu voted day 1 but I can’t really speak to that.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

And then you literally said "Nothing about her feels scummy so far" a single sentence afterwards...

Yes? That would seem to support “I don’t know”

Nothing feels scummy doesn’t mean town. It means nothing feels scummy.

Are we really going to get into a semantics battle about how you can be undecided on someone?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Anyway it occurred to me that I should probably just state why I'm reasonably sure I stopped a kill last night - I docced myself.

I got some flavor about my room being trashed which makes me think I was attacked.

Since whoever attacked me already knows this they will probably just attack me again so I will probably die tonight anyway. And I don't think we have a way of deducing if it was SK or scum that did it.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Actually no way trying to turn that post into “I think bif is town but I want to execute them” is a genuine town thought process.

##vote yami I think you are scum but no way you are town with that logic. You are trying to just push anything but you.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Oh, I thought you hated early hammers?

Well, whatever. I think I've said what I want to say anyway.

##vote Voodoo

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

What early hammer? It’s a first vote.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Voodoofly posted:

Bif read yamis posts please. They are cherry-picking and twisting things in the hope people won’t actually read them.

I am trying to keep my promise to Toal and I am still thinking over how it could maybe be Yami, which is why I'm still not voting yet.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Anyway it occurred to me that I should probably just state why I'm reasonably sure I stopped a kill last night - I docced myself.

I got some flavor about my room being trashed which makes me think I was attacked.

Since whoever attacked me already knows this they will probably just attack me again so I will probably die tonight anyway. And I don't think we have a way of deducing if it was SK or scum that did it.

One thing that is twigging me a bit is that the double kills vs single kills have been alternating, like maybe an SK Hyde can only kill every other night and that's why Yami's been so unusually cagey about "the Hyde mechanic"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

As I said to deadmeat, it's LYLO yet you're giving non-town the chance to hammer early.

If you are, somehow, town.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

If I thought you were town and I thought two independent parties would coordinate and risk not outing each other then maybe? It’s not like sK and scum can talk and rush a hammer.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

I am trying to keep my promise to Toal and I am still thinking over how it could maybe be Yami, which is why I'm still not voting yet.

One thing that is twigging me a bit is that the double kills vs single kills have been alternating, like maybe an SK Hyde can only kill every other night and that's why Yami's been so unusually cagey about "the Hyde mechanic"

I am fine with telling you but like I said previously, it will pretty much prevent all chance of successfully doccing someone.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Anyway, I'm going to sleep soon.

##unvote

Let's please not hammer early this time.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

I am fine with telling you but like I said previously, it will pretty much prevent all chance of successfully doccing someone.

Yeah might as well not say anything, if you laid out all the mechanics and poo poo we either believe you or don't.

I'll probably end up voting Voodoo cause whenever I consider you or Beet or Deadmeat, it always seems to come back to Voodoo having to be the other one. Preferring to kill scum over SK to stop a jugg is nice, but getting that bit exactly right is less important than making sure we hit one of the badguys period.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I want dead meat to post more if possible.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Yami Fenrir posted:

I think Voodoo is probably the remaining scum. If that is true I'm not entirely sure who the SK would be.

Maybe it's Deadmeat though - that instant vote on the doctor seems a bit strange by a newbie if they were townie. But that's something for later probably.

Honestly that was me brain farting on you saying you're a doctor. But I still don't believe you. No offense.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

hambeet posted:

I want dead meat to post more if possible.

I want me to post more if possible as well. I also want to get a decent night of sleep that ends with me feeling refreshed and to bag a leprechaun to leads me to his hoard of gold coins.

So far the leprechaun seems more likely.

I'm waffling between Voodoo and Yami. Hell it might be both.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Who leads me*

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

If it's yami or me then I guess ask away. I have a friend in town tomorrow so probably won't be posting much but can check in to answer anything in the morning before he flies in.

There is no way I think yami is being genuine at this point, even down to the whole I can't explain how my doc works response despite calling for a mass claim last game day. I can completely get calling me scum for defending merk, and yeah replacing in is a bitch during the week, especially when I've been at work or asleep during most of the open times so it wasn't until today that I've really had a chance to actually read and respond to things. But that's not what yami is doing. Yami thinks even questioning them is ridiculous for a townie, despite meen doing so yesterday as well. Yami is also riding that doc claim hard despite it being far from something that should ever clear anyone. After that yami starts cherry picking quotes to build something out of nothing, even down to a semantic battle about whether I thought bif was town when it's pretty clear yami asked me that directly and I directly answered back on day 2.

Go back and read the case on meen. It's full of "no townie would use this logic" and a bunch of stuff about critical thinking and meen's lack thereof and therefore meen is an SK (and maybe scum). It's the same case that yami is making on me. This is like textbook scum casing, trying to present logical fallacies and contradictions as somehow a blueprint for scum behavior. Which is just not the case. townies are illogical all the time. townies contradict themselves all the time. It's not illogical to question someone or not take someone at face value, and relying on claims and kill flavor as some sort of logical keystone to what a townie would or would not do is almost always a recipe for disaster. It makes it easy to make cases though. Yami has played and modded way more than enough games to know this.

Oh holy poo poo I somehow closed this page flipping back to my TD entry but thankfully it reloaded with a reply because I wasn't going to write this again.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

honestly I think yami is scum and was bussing merk but the every other night thing is a good point.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Had today to think, still prolly gonna vote Voodoo, just waiting for Yami to wake up to see if he has anything interesting to add

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Had today to think, still prolly gonna vote Voodoo, just waiting for Yami to wake up to see if he has anything interesting to add

Not really. At this point it's basically just me and Voodoo yelling in circles.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##vote Voodoo

That said I'd like deadmeat to elaborate more on why they don't believe me.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Just for the record in case I die:

My current thought is that voodoo is at the very least non-town.

I think Deadmeat makes more sense as scum and Beet makes more sense as scum than SK.

So my first thought after flip would be that depending on what Voodoo flips.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Just for the record in case I die:

My current thought is that voodoo is at the very least non-town.

I think Deadmeat makes more sense as scum and Beet makes more sense as scum than SK.

So my first thought after flip would be that depending on what Voodoo flips.

Can you make this a bit more clear as in, if Voodoo flips scum, I think X, if Voodoo flips SK, I think Y? (if Voodoo flips town, welp, guess we just pray at that point)

I think I get what you're saying but don't wanna put the words in your mouth.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Can you make this a bit more clear as in, if Voodoo flips scum, I think X, if Voodoo flips SK, I think Y? (if Voodoo flips town, welp, guess we just pray at that point)

If Voodoo flip Scum, I think Deadmeat is the SK.

If Voodoo flips SK, I think Beet is the last Scum.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Basically because of this:

Deadmeat5150 posted:

We expect more than shitposting from you? Oh.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Scum senses tingling....

Posts like this seemed out-of-character from Deadmeat to me but they were doing stuff like this:

Deadmeat5150 posted:

:hmmyes:

:hmmno:

##vote binus

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Here I sit
Broken hearted
Tried to poo poo
Only farted
Later on
I took a chance
Looked at Merk
And scummed my pants

Deadmeat5150 posted:

This looks like scum-on-scum action to me. Toal are you scum again?

I can't really put it into words fully but it doesn't feel like Deadmeat interactions around scumbos to me. It might have just been something I picked up from my mod birds eye view in other games.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

As for beet:

Pretty much the stuff in this case still really. Beet nearly ignored Merk entirely to push Bif as an OMGUS-y vote and even now it feels like an attempt to provide an alternate target to me. Which would make sense as an attempt to save a scumbo.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

But yeah if Voodoo flips town we're just hosed but today's behavior kind of destroyed any doubt I had.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If Voodoo flips scum... I'd have to still debate whether Yami could be SK. The doctor claim really gives me pause. Beet makes more sense as scum than SK, but he would be the main other suspect here.

I don't think Yami can be scum though, so if Voodoo flips SK I'd look at Beet vs Deadmeat. Prolly Beet.

##vote Voodoo

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

As for beet:

Pretty much the stuff in this case still really. Beet nearly ignored Merk entirely to push Bif as an OMGUS-y vote and even now it feels like an attempt to provide an alternate target to me. Which would make sense as an attempt to save a scumbo.

going back is painful, but i will point out i'm pretty sure your timing on that is off.

as in i was onto bif before merk was even raised by toal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hmmm decent points on deadmeat on other scum.

i'm running out of people to vote!!!

it's basically bif and voodoo at this stage