Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

count me in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

also I'm sure I don't need to say this but put me down as I. M. MEEN

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

hello everyone, for this game I'm not holding back the thoughts I usually drop in my confessional only. this may result in having apropos of nothing musings and spamming the thread with thoughts I have to revise later, you have been warned

also god I hate being so anxious about being misread/posting dumb poo poo that isn't phrased how I intend it to be read it took me minutes longer than needed to post this, this is going to be difficult vs. just not posting or waiting for something to latch onto

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Trick or treat

what's your favorite candy? I like Jolly Ranchers and Twix

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

t a s t e posted:

Claiming serial killer

also, lol, that seems like your mo even when you're town

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

CirclMastr posted:

I'm just here so I won't get dayvig'd.

you'll be alright this time I'm sure

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

CirclMastr posted:

Willing to bet your life on that?

at least for today, yeah

Bifauxnen posted:

Go for it Meen, I got nothin

I mean I got nothin either

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

my uncle has a lake house, I've been and it's very nice

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Man this is the world's most boring Mexican standoff

who says we are standing off against each other? we could just get some Halloween candy and declare anybody not joining in with us as possible suspects

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Tommunist posted:

Call me the cum monster

sorry but I'll pass on that type of party

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

but you couldn't pass on killing the party host?

lol, I may be enough of an rear end in a top hat to crash the party but that bolt's bigger than I am

Maerlyn posted:

Are we twins?

I wish. maybe we could be mason buddies like how Bif is masons with PA? I'd like that more than what we've been the past few games

hambeet posted:

oh wait i just... oh shiiii

dammit all, now the meta creature's coming

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

:thunk: having doubts about this push, though I don't know tommunist's game well enough to be sure

Tommunist posted:

I'm being passably friendly enough. Not even as much as I'd like to be after I had just immediately finished a game that left me quite salty.

Like bif, you are just wrong on both alignment and on the content of your case.

And on logic, like who in their right mind would actually ever argue I'm too nice to be scum lol

Are you not familiar with my historical town game

on the other hand this is like an almost exact copy of what Bif said in D1 of the Bezzelbee game which also weirds me out

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Roar roar roar, rawr roar roar.

##vote Tommu

are you a lion or something? better not be lion down on an easy vote here

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Roar ROAR rawr roar roar.

Grrrr screech roar roar roar.

oh sheesh look I'm SORRY I can't see you're actually a griffin, I didn't mean to offend your proud heritage or whatever

...ah, it was the pun that got you. I ain't apologizing for that one :colbert:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

:3: :sun: :3:

still... any chance you could get a translator? gotta be SOMEBODY in this hoity-toity tall-rear end jerk squad that can help

Retro Futurist posted:

Hi. I don't like taste claiming sk and I super don't like

This response. Also lake house merk is scum merk so will keep an eye out

that response is based on my opinion of how the last games shared with them ended up going. the very last one is not finished but Arknights they shot my partner and removed any reason I had to keep working with town. I'm not salty but I can't really say I trust their town play to be very helpful in the end for town

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

hambeet posted:

aside from my GMT based voting theories, I will also vote for gimmicks that reduces participation.

I kinda hate to since this is what, their third game? but yeah, I agree

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Fourth.

I mean roar.

please, I know contributing or even joking around D1 isn't easy but the bar isn't as high as you'd think. my posts should prove that pretty well

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Hi what's up. I got another shot so I was feeling ill last night.

I have an incredibly pro-town power and I need volunteers to make it work. If you volunteer and you're scum you will surely die tonight.

I didn't see the discord while mod was hecking it up.

##vote taste for claiming a killing monster instead of a friendly nice one like mine.

I'll volunteer! late since I saw you're already going for merk tonight but hey! that probably increases the chance you'll visit me later :haw:

content - I agree RF's pushes are suspicious, might as well put down my vote in case I forget to check the thread more before deadline. ##vote RF if you put a gun to my head about the other picks so far for scum->town it'd be sand/binus/Deadmeat/Maerlyn but so far they only look a few shades off from each other so not exactly thrilled about picking one of 'em right now

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

turns out being burned out from work is not the only way to ruin Mafia productivity, being actually relaxed at work and having a 4 day weekend I end up wanting to fill with other stuff does it too

I'm gonna dump the thoughts I had and the posts I wanted to make in the meantime up until now

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

N1 thoughts:

well this was an awful start
gunsmith's not a real cop but even so, drat. why the gently caress wouldn't you at least claim?
amend that to 'not a replacement for a full alignment cop'
definitely sus'ing Bif tomorrow
rereading, I see that she was a little bit wondering with Circl's vote
could be toal and they are lying about their having town powers
could be Yami maybe
hambeet is a bit suspicious for the hammer too
I dunno about towniness levels of cheering on a turbo in the case of sand
toal's smartest to wait on until tonight to see what merk got
until after tonight

going by this, merk'd be on the suspect list even if it weren't for RF's as I remember comments on lake house merk
somebody who's posted more than me's gotta be up there though
I think I'd either go with merk or hambeet tomorrow

Circl could be scum too, but I'm not feeling that as much as I am hambeet or merk

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Realtalk though, somebody always has to die early in Mafia and while I totally agree it's good to give newbies more time so they can actually get used to the game, it's also not very helpful to make people playing badguys in a game of good guys vs badguys feel bad for taking their badguy turn.

I hope any newbies around now or in the future please please please do not take anything to heart if they get ganked early. Imo, to love mafia is to cultivate an enthusiasm for dramatic death and martyrdom.

I did not, but still see above.

frankly, being taken out by early NK is something I regard as a mark of pride; when it happened to me my first two games, I was cop both times and helped get two scum out with my work on the second game. even if it's not something obvious like that, though, the fact that scum thought you had to be removed often means you did something right. plus it's fun to see how everyone fares afterwards and have the veil of mystery lifted

I am also reminded of something merk said in another game, that scum should only kill those who are lurking instead of active players

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

If Yami is sk,

Scum team likely Merk, b-, and someone else.

hmmmm

on the one hand only scum 3P hunt this early but on the other I have noticed the votes still on me as of this writing; more on that later

also a scum recruiter seems unlikely

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Maerlyn posted:

Were these other people you mentioned who you also would have considered voting? The way it looks is that you were also saying Sand looked scummy; voting RF AND having strong suspicions on Sand seems inconsistent unless I'm reading it wrong.

I looked at the sand/RF interactions and got pings from both of them. I voted RF because I felt more confident about the pings there. if I'd felt more confident about sand instead of RF I'd have voted them for the same reason

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t like how meen buried his rf vote in the middle of his thoughts

merk posted:

I think this is the best thought on the RF run up yesterday that I have seen so far.

##vote meen

seriously?

I can't decide whether this being your case or agreeing with binus is more outlandish here

the later posts where binus is also agreeing with you reinforce my impression that this feels like a setup. a very bad one I might add

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Have to put my dog down tomorrow.

I may or may not show up.

so far mafia has been very bad luck for me.

loving horrible, my condolences. take all the time you need

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Maerlyn posted:

I'm contemplating the case on merk and his responses but I'm just not feeling it but finding it difficult to put into words at the moment (I had dental work and the Novocain is starting to fade so need to pain meds to kick in soon).

I think one reason is merk is being called scummy because of his vote or case on Meen but Bif has also speculated that Meen could be lurking scum, leaving that door open.
Merk does feel like he's operating off his back foot, not in a playing dumb way but a dumbfounded way? I don't think that's intentional but going to reread.

I'm operating in a way I haven't in a long while; relaxed days at work (a week of largely self-study training) where I'm not having to perform emotional labor all the time. unfortunately this isn't actually better for my Mafia productivity requiring social intelligence than grinding myself against a misery parade all day. whoops!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

And when merk does bring it up he talks about how if he weren’t merk, he’d be voting himself too

yeah that's really wtf, doesn't help his case any

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

Remind me again why I play mafia when nobody actually reads the stuff I put in effort to write?

Like, disagreeing is fine but like, c'mon.

I'm reading your stuff! :sun: I'm not posting the way I'd really prefer, but, well....

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

other assorted thoughts prior to catching up/merk's hammer:

......hmmm
Yami/Bif/Toal interactions give me pings, but nothing conclusive
I think actually that order is the order I'd go for to lunch them
page 14 of 18 and definitely liking my initial two picks for voting from last night

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

after seeing the hammer:
lmao excellent
binus or hambeet would be my next lunch
also love the multiple reveals

I also learned that Willy's Wonderland is great in addition to musing over content.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

also toal, I thought I was queued up for next recruit and the busdriver's dead, am I persona non grata for failing to post D2?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah that's the only reason why I picked someone else, lol sorry.

completely understandable. you can pick me up N3 or not at all if you'd prefer, we'll still be cool

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

so we have a tracker claim who didn't claim right away and visited the same person twice over two nights vs a VT claim who first claimed they did nothing, then claimed they only killed the person the tracker saw them visit the first night, then claimed their role and went back to their first claim saying they wanted to pull off a gambit too

....sorry bif but seriously!! ##vote Bifauxnen

if it makes you feel any better Hum's next if you flip town and even if you don't, they're not in the clear

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Okay, nice gambit...

So my new masonry partner, Wolfman, claims to be town tracker. N1 Wolfman tried to track Yami and failed. Ñ2 Wolfman tracked bif nowhere.

Whaddoya think of that?

did not see this before posting. not sure this rules Bif out as anti-town but it's enough for me to slow my roll a bit ##unvote

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

with the pings I got between Hum/Bif/Yami and the soft confirmation from Toal about Bif I'm pretty comfortable putting Hum at -1. ##vote Humalong

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Voodoofly posted:

Toalp outed merk.

Toalp is outing hum in a lie.

Is there really anything else to consider right now?

(also loving merk what the hell why!!! what on earth would you gain from that stupid gambit with toal? best case you get a town investigation that already looks like a godfather move because anyone volunteering for a cop investigation is fairly suspect).

I wouldn't have my vote where it is right now if there were anything else I thought we had to discuss

like there's poo poo we CAN talk about if people want but as you point out this is just shy of a cop claiming a scum result on somebody and having already been vetted the night before

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

##unvote

##vote; bif

I've convinced myself that bif is SK. I'll share the reasons here.

Hum is scum role blocker, he was convinced he could fake claim tracker because he knew where bif was n1 and what bif did n2.
He felt safe claiming to track bif n2 because he visited her and stopped the SK kill. Because he role blocked her, and stopped the kill, he was then confident on who bif visited n1.

Using the information Hum had, the plausible visit on bif last night, AND coupled with the fact that scum team had no tracker and town watcher had already flipped; Hum felt confident he could claim tracker and 'catch' bif here for town cred and a fake claim.

Bif claimed killer to gently caress with hum, but also because she felt certain humalong was scum who was also lying in his claim and she could shake him.

We should kill bif first because there will be less deaths that way.

I like this case and it explains the pings I was getting ##vote Bif

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

##vote hum let's get this flip done

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Mae/Yami/ham/voodoo/binus/me makes 6

:redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

on the one hand I'm a little annoyed that I don't have the chance to case binus on their slip yesterday that became a red-handed catch after Hum's flip, on the other this saves town some work

Toalpaz posted:

flip was posted at midnight so clearly it's one of these aussies or yami submitted the kill finally #just disgusting meta game things

it's bif or yami. possibly both of them are last scum/sk