Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Not reading anything before this. Also not reading my role PM until end of game day. Sorry if I’m scum scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Oh 16 hours fine I’ll read some of the thread. Thought it was start of day 2

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##unvote as it shows old me voting someone.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Anyone have brief summary of why bif and merk are scum?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

I don't know if brief is the right word for it but I have a case here:

Brief was not the right word.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Ok what the hell happened night 1 that I'm missing that people are talking about busdrivers and scenarios with merk and sand?

Yami, for what its worth, I read your case.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I gave u the big post aboot it.

I quoted at u...

Com oooon.

I announced d1 that I would use my ultra pro town action to clear Merk n1 after he volunteered.

N1 I target Merk, and hit Sandwolf with a masonry power.

That is the crux of the discussion.

No, I saw your big post I just had no idea what the hell it was talking about. But I read over it again. So you recruit town to a masonry and kill scum, said you would go after merk but ended up with sand somehow?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I gave u the big post aboot it.

I quoted at u...

Com oooon.

I announced d1 that I would use my ultra pro town action to clear Merk n1 after he volunteered.

N1 I target Merk, and hit Sandwolf with a masonry power.

That is the crux of the discussion.

also I thought your post about yami was good too, and was surprised yami had no votes.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Because my masonry flavour, which Sandwolf has access to, does confirm me as town too xD. IE I am not a hunter and am a ghoul.

wait really? Sand?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

lmao didn’t even notice but yes I have confirmation that Toal is a ghoul of sorts, some may say the best ghoul

got it it's just the flavor you have?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also I just got super excited to see that there was a party host role in this game, then realized that it was the night 0 flavor death.

party host is still one of my favorite roles I created or stole (I honestly don't remember)

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

I will volunteer. I like your gambits as of late. What do I do?

I don't see merk not being voted today, but why is merk doing this if he is scum? Toalp is saying scum will die. I can see scum taking the that toalp was bluffing, but if so I'm not going to then use a busdriver to mess with the results. It feels like it outs way too much information too early in the game for no real upside.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

so that the investigation or hits sandwolf

controlling what town does with it's powers is the end goal of a scum bus driver, being given the opportunity to control a investigation/vig by offering yourself up to be a target makes sense.

Sure, that is possible. But:

1. I don't think of merk as a night action gambit scum player, especially on day 1.
2. That would mean you were willing to run a gambit like that as a cop on day 1, which seems risky, so I'm not sure I would assume it was some sort of investigation.
3. If I'm scum night 1 I'm using the busdriver to help hide whoever is doing the kill. If I'm doing the kill I don't offer myself up to the gambit.
4. Merk is a pretty common night target, so

well, number 4 actually isn't a bad idea to use the busdriver on merk out of general caution.

Still feel like it's a bit of stretch, but I need to read him again now after that last part.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Ok yeah I'll vote merk.

He is -1 if anyone wants to talk.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t know Voodoo this feels like you’re going out of your way to derive reasons merk isn’t scum. You don’t acknowledge the possibility that merk was scum with a bus driving teammate who saw early bait to maybe confirm themselves or send a kill astray or something because you say you think “merk isn’t that type of player.”

Feels somewhat pointless to answer this but, yes? I don't think merk would run a gambit like that as scum. I think of merk as keeping it simple and playing the odds. no need to bus or make wild plays when you can just lay on your numbers, and considering it didn't look like he had any heat on day 1 why try to make a big move if it isn't necessary?

Some crazy third party claim, though, that makes a bit more sense.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

Which means I would be a 3p version of "town-" instead of "town+" because Wolfman and Dracula are probably both town.

why would you think both are town? If I was designing your claimed role I'd make it random or purposefully put your two targets on opposite alignments.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalp outed merk.

Toalp is outing hum in a lie.

Is there really anything else to consider right now?

(also loving merk what the hell why!!! what on earth would you gain from that stupid gambit with toal? best case you get a town investigation that already looks like a godfather move because anyone volunteering for a cop investigation is fairly suspect).

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also that is a serious question. Was catching up on my phone at work and it was like 150 posts.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

you can also consider me having a vote on hum but there is a lot of daytime left and he is pretty close to a hammer.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Btw I'm seriously annoyed no one reacted to MY epiphany, cause Hum is probably just an executioner, neither scum or SK would have any incentive to false claim that hard and get themselves guaranteed lunched tomorrow after my flip.

He claimed Jason and I am Freddy Krueger.

I guess my answer is do I really care?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Do you think hum is town? Even if he is third party and you are town if both of you are alive at LYLO we lose.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Honestly the only thing I’m wondering is if it’s better to execute bif on the off chance that hum is an executioner and maybe leaves the game for fulfilling a win condition. It’s like a two for one execution.

But that would require this all to be true and probably for hum to have volunteered the info because bringing it up now is probably too late

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I haven't really played in many if any games with an executioner role. But I thought it was just a 3P where they have to get one person lunched to win, and that is all. I am not an executioner btw. I am vanilla town.

Yeah usually but if you are alive on LYLO hum is voting you. If you are town we die.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Do you think bif is scum?

I don’t know. Nothing about her feels scummy so far. I hadn’t read her closely yesterday before merk claimed as I was just starting my read of merk at the time. Also nothing about her posts today pinged me.

I’d normally say I thinks it’s uncommon for two scum to be leading votes on d1 or d2, especially with a full scum team to defend them, but last game I was in had sand and Hal as voteleaders day 2 and I’ve already been stupidly wrong assuming logical play on scum this game.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Then why are you painting a "2-for-1" lunch as a good idea? That seems off.

Giving the town more executions is super powerful. If we have questions about more than one player why waste two days?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

For the record i do believe toals theory has merit but like... we should probably confirm the basis of it first.

This is sort of where I'm at.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote hum

I don't think bif is scum.

Even if toalp is right that hum is scum and bif is an sk, I actually think I'd rather have one extra shot to kill scum tonight and/or have scum take out bif to protect themselves.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I'm not trying to lurk, this game is opening when I'm asleep and a lot happens before I can catch up. Day 1 I was catching up reading merk and bif when merk made his claim and then got hammered. And I was definitely defending merk because I really didn't think he was scum and would pull something that stupid.

Yesterday you already had hum in a lie by the time I looked at the thread, and I still want to know why he thought it was worth outing bif that much to lie about it. There was also talk about a missing roleblock and minus was soft claiming and I spent a lot of the day trying to figure out if I had missed stuff day 1 and read people over. I'm still not exactly sure where the missing roleblock stuff is coming from. I also didn't even realize deadmeat was in the game until I saw his posts catching up last night.

I have a couple town reads but honestly nothing much else right now. I won't pretend to fake it. Assuming this game lasts long enough I was hoping to reread the entire thread tonight and try to actually catch up.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also I don't know if it was toalp or yami who thought we were in MYLO but I don't mind the mass claim. 7 alive and two deaths tonight would put us at 4 potentially so probably not a bad idea.

I'm Pinhead, vanilla town.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I am when I haven't had a chance to catch up.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

honestly I didn't even realize how few players were left until I started writing down thoughts on them. Guess I'm starting with deadmeat as a reread.

Toalp, you had suspicion of yami on day 2(?). Something about knowing who did the scum kill and who did the SK kill. Is there a reason you dropped it? I remember thinking it was one of your best points when I was reading the case on merk.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I'm assuming I have no idea what the ? was so I'm not going to beat my head trying to figure it out. If I felt different about bif before seeing the flip I might think more about it I guess.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Have to put my dog down tomorrow.

I may or may not show up.

so far mafia has been very bad luck for me.

Man I was reading over you and saw this. Hope it all went as well as it could have, it's always rough.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I don't think deadmeat is scum. Seems like it's his fourth game, and he interacts a TON with his scummates early on if he is scum. Which, good move if you can pull it off but I don't think of new scum players being that involved with their scummates early in the game.

Plus I think the very late vote on Bif was not a scum move.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Toal, normally you scare me but I've decided to go with my gut and am trusting you today.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Scum senses tingling....

[calling yami scum]

Deadmeat5150 posted:

:hmmyes:

:hmmno:

##vote binus

day 1 bus or just following toal?

Deadmeat5150 posted:

You're not wrong.

[response to minus calling his vote the worst of day 1]

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Here I sit
Broken hearted
Tried to poo poo
Only farted
Later on
I took a chance
Looked at Merk
And scummed my pants

Deadmeat5150 posted:

This looks like scum-on-scum action to me. Toal are you scum again?

[in regard to toal and merk night 1 stuff]

Honestly if meat is scum he interacts a LOT with his scummates at the expense of everyone else.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

##vote bif

Forgot that

If meat is scum it was pretty easy to just push onto hum, especially considering how late in the day it was when he showed up here.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

votefinder posted:

:redhammer: merk...couldn't you have made better posts?

Votecount for Day 2

merk (7): Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Toalpaz, Sandwolf, hambeet, Mr. Humalong, Maerlyn
Ignatius M. Meen (2): b-minus1, merk, merk, merk, merk, merk
Bifauxnen (0): Maerlyn, Mr. Humalong, hambeet, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, merk, merk, merk, merk, hambeet, Mr. Humalong, Maerlyn
hambeet (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
b-minus1 (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz

Not Voting (3): Deadmeat5150, Ignatius M. Meen, Voodoofly

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 17th, 2021 at 7:39 a.m. EST -- that's in about 12 hours, 43 minutes.

So I don’t have to search for it on my phone again.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote yami

If I’m scum and merk gets outed day 2 like that I’m probably bussing merk earlier rather than later. Looking back at day 2 I think yami fits that description. Is casting shade on toalp after toalp thinks they caught yami in a slip, then is immediately just rolling along with toalps post about a bus driver needs to come clean.

I need to go read yamis posts on day 1 re merk and minus but I think yamis push on merk is scummy enough to vote on its own.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I really wish you all would stop hammering so quickly. We had less than 24 hours yesterday.

I still think it’s yami. I think toal was right about yami knowing who killed circl. I think pushing onto meek is exactly what scum would do (I did it in one of my last scum games when steak got caught out doing something stupid).

I know there is a doc claim but (1) scum doctor is one of my favourite roles (2) I know it’s one of grands favourite roles and he helped with setup and balance (3) minus died at night so it’s entirely plausible to give scum a protection role (4) and yami has enough experience to not be pushing “I’m a doctor I can’t be scum” this hard.

It’s early though. I never got a chance to follow up on beet because you all hammered so quick and I just got out of a four hour English proficiency exam so I’m going to get some food then enjoy the weekend a bit (and probably mad rush my TD entry this week).

I did reread bif and don’t want to vote her. I stand by not wanting to vote meat because I really don’t think they are scum with how they interacted with merk and minus.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also scum had a protective role, it's called a Jailor

I love that your defense is that scum never bus, especially in a situation where their scum mate was caught through night actions, and that a jailor precludes a scum doctor.

Also that you protected maer but scum must have a jug and Toal, the towniest person in the game, also died.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'm a big fan of how this just entirely ignores day 2 and is mostly based on setup/mod spec at LYLO too.

While mentioning bif's d2 merk interactions.

:thunk:

It is entirely based on day 2. You saw merk got caught in a gambit so decided to get in front of it. It’s a super common scum strategy. I’ve done it many times. Hell last time I did it with steak merk caught on to it because it’s so obvious and luckily we killed merk before he could convince the rest of town on it.

Also toalp catching you talking about who did what night kills was day 2.

So let’s be clear. I think you are scum 100% based on how you approached merk on day 2 and on how much you are leaning on a doctor claim to clear you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yeah okay you're scum.

My defense is that I deliberately kept the vote on merk when there was an actual viable alternative (imo) on bif.

Also if you thought about things for more than 2 seconds you'd realize I could literally claim to have docced anybody else instead N3.

Yes, resorting to calling people dumb for not taking your word. And meen was dumb too and didn’t think about it for voting you yesterday?

If you think I’m scum cool vote me. If you think it’s scummy to question your actions then vote me too. But you are trying to defend your self with hyperbole and “it’s so obvious” and questioning people’s intelligence and it’s either just an old trope or scum behaviour.