Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

In as vanilla town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Use your Aussie powers to summon Blanka (I refuse to call him Hum)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

Hum is from Chadstone

I feel like I've heard that somewhere

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

hambeet posted:

can i play? i'm new here.

Welcome newbie!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Force Shell to playyyy

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

also god I hate being so anxious about being misread/posting dumb poo poo that isn't phrased how I intend it to be read it took me minutes longer than needed to post this, this is going to be difficult vs. just not posting or waiting for something to latch onto

Are we twins?

Tommunist posted:

Call me the cum monster

There's the Tommu I was expecting in Beez

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

b-minus1 posted:

Anyone engaging in sk chat is confirmed scum

I challenge you to NOT use "3P talk" when calling someone scum, you do it so frequently it becomes meaningless.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

b-minus1 posted:

Is this a serious post? Do you know know engages in 3p talk the most? Scum. Just look at last game if you need evidence of this.

It's already been mentioned but I agree with Merk and Bif... It was an issue in Beez because those players weren't comfortable with normal reads.

With you specifically though you call out people for 3P talk when you are scum or town so it's usually white noise for me.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Looking for something, anything to pull us out of jokephase and reread this:

hambeet posted:

okay this game i'm not going to vote the aussies unless they're like, really scummy.

so bif, tommu, humalong and sandwolf are in the clear

Sandwolf is a Boston boy but nice try ##vote hambeet

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Bifauxnen posted:

Hang on am I being uncharitable in my reading here, or are you literally asserting that, since Sandwolf is not Australian, Beet is lying about it, and thus scum

No it pinged me a tiny bit (writing off 1/3 of players) but took it as a joke initially, I didn't even see Sand's name at first (writing off people because they're Aussie/Aussie solidarity is a funny thought but including Sand is strange).

Saying beet is lying would assume they were being serious initially and I didn't read it that way.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

don’t be such a drongo mate

You can only call me an idiot so many times...I'm gonna be keeping an eye on you Sandypants! :argh:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Bifauxnen posted:

I was thinking it was a pretty good D1 sentiment, actually (that I wasn't sure I bought Tommu riding along with). Historically in Auspol we'd often try and attempt this sort of gentleman's agreement to not have all the active posters devour each other immediately. But his white noise spam posting had been pinging me earlier.

Btw Sandwolf actually is an honourary Aussie! Although I don't think he posts on the server much.

This makes more sense then (being an Auspol thing) rather than just a mafia players thing.

Sandwolf posted:

Also, I’m an rear end in a top hat

That tracks but not strictly an Aussie thing :cheeky: (actually maybe you have a point with my prior game interactions with Bif and somewhat Hum/Tommu, haha).

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

hambeet posted:

So was I being serious or not? I can’t follow your point here.

I didn't know why Sand was included in your list, to get a pass seemed odd but Bif's explanation made sense.

Your obfuscation post must be extra obfuscated because I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Yami Fenrir posted:

Haven't read Maerlyn yet (been unexpectedly busy) but feels like she's becoming the new Steak vote wise lmao

loving ouch

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

##unvote

Also binus being binus but I don't really get the feeling he's scum (yet? Gut feeling)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I agree with the votes on RF but don't really want to throw in there, I'm not sure that I think he's really scummy per se for that reaction, it's over the top more than I would have expected from him though.

I'm not a fan of Deadmeat's vote on binus but binus saying he'd vote deadmeat because he's being "sassy" is funny, I think he voted for me because I mouthed off at him a bit.

What I am really curious about is why this thought pops out after other more serious discussion:

Mr. Humalong posted:

We should vote out merk today. It would be funny.

##vote merk

The timing feels odd; Hum you don't have thoughts on what's already being discussed?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Toalpaz posted:

Tried to masonry Merk and hit Sandwolf.

This is the super pro town action that if you hit scum they would die?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

hambeet posted:

well i'm town, so there's a non zero chance of scum in the remaining 5.

where do you want to start binus? which end?

I have an idea - ##vote Bif

Bif voted RF with her reasoning being he took taste's comment too seriously but lightly sprinkled the idea out into the thread (she didn't vote him/was trying to find things to talk about before she put her vote down, she's not usually shy about calling out someone looking scummy but feels hesitant here). I actually thought it was a light joke vote because it was really founded on nothing. He commented on it before she voted him:

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh I only meant for me though, RF sounded like he was taking it all serious hey

Retro Futurist posted:

If it was a flavour claim thing I'll let it slide

Once the RF vote starts picking up steam she puts out these half hearted thoughts about doubting her vote but then commits, using Toal as an excuse (distancing herself from her vote).

Bifauxnen posted:

Well fine now I'm NOT gonna stop and rethink too much cause I assume Toal is just trying to freak me out

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I had D&D and I can't multitask (play and make mafia posts) so I've been reading along but will try and touch on things, a lot is bubbling up it seems.

Not gonna tunnel on Bif too much but I didn't see her vote on hambeet until after I posted, reading her case I feel pretty good with my vote but I'll see what else percolates.

Bifauxnen posted:

I think the best bet is

##vote hambeet

RF looked plenty scummy and with things going along that fast, there must have been a good number of enthusiastic townies genuinely piling on and not just scum pushing the momentum. But actually sealing the deal that early would be difficult. Beet's spammy white noise tone in the early game had already been pinging me, and that reaction hammer right after RF sounded like he was daring people seems like a great chance for Beet to brush it all off as just being cheeky.

I think the pile on looked pretty opportunistic and it didn't feel townie-minded; besides that would scum really need to hammer that early to put a townie away and risk drawing attention to themselves?

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

content - I agree RF's pushes are suspicious, might as well put down my vote in case I forget to check the thread more before deadline. ##vote RF if you put a gun to my head about the other picks so far for scum->town it'd be sand/binus/Deadmeat/Maerlyn but so far they only look a few shades off from each other so not exactly thrilled about picking one of 'em right now

Were these other people you mentioned who you also would have considered voting? The way it looks is that you were also saying Sand looked scummy; voting RF AND having strong suspicions on Sand seems inconsistent unless I'm reading it wrong.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yes.

Also the scumteam are monsters. Actual irl monsters.

Which made me suspect taste u til i realized they flipped too.

Now, who would kill a newbie...

Wondering how Yami knows scum are actual IRL monsters (that doesn't appear to be in the OP)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

As in most games I'm having a hard time figuring Toal out but I do have a simple thought in response to this:

Toalpaz posted:

I am just putting my thoughts down cause I don't really see any point in waiting for a catch on scum bus if you guys are going to discuss this.

I once claimed that n1 I was going to investigate or kill Merk.

1. If Merk was town, why would town bus driver move me to Sandwolf. Not a lot of utility there.

2. If Merk was scum, and didnt want to die. Scum bus would move me to Sandwolf to 'confirm' him.

3. If Merk was scum, and didnt want to die. Scum bus moves my visit to Godfather Sandwolf hoping it isnt a vig.

Case 1 was unlikely. Town bus doesn't wanna gently caress with me for no reason and my 'investigation' or gambit.

Case 3 also was unlikely. Scum would mobilize almost every member of their team here, all to land a mystery investigate or vig on Sandwolf.

Case 2 seems very likely. Merk does not want to be killed or investigated. He called in a bus from a teammate which moves it to sandy. 'clearing' him or killing Sandwolf.

Scum never planned for me knowing with certainty who I visited due to my vauge claim.

There's a scum busdriver and Merk is scum probably.

If Merk is scum why would he have volunteered for this "scum will die if I target you" night action? Even if they have a busdriver who knows what other night actions could occur, I don't see that as a risk Merk would be willing to take.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'd vote Yami, I'm not going to move from Bif or Yami to meen (not at this point anyway), I'd like him to participate more and I know he tends to self-destruct when pressure is applied to him. If he is scum that'll be revealed in time but this Bif/hambeet/Yami thing would tell more than a meen flip I think.

If Sand says he's seeing town Toal thoughts I'll take it, the flip to scum merk is a little odd after trying to mason him.

Trying to go after merk is kind of amusing but I'll reread. He's mostly been a non-entity (real life things) but what I've seen from him so far doesn't look scummy.

hambeet posted:

hey yami, so she has a town mind for making up white noise, jumping on the hammer vote and you also feel she is coasting?

how did you switch your mind here? show reasoning straight away? i don't see how i haven't? she's only provided one scum case and reluctantly switched to merk when you prodded her. you seem to be giving her a lot more leeway than you'd be willing to give me.

why is that yami? why are two of your scum reads the two people bif is pushing on now?

i'd put forward you tried a little bit of distancing on bif and are now sliding in to defend her.

This is the impression I'm getting too.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Bifauxnen posted:

"I do not understand this most basic of clearly explained votes" doesn't look scummy?

Still think Maerlyn's town but I miss scum Maer

The vote on hambeet? I think if I hadn't been thinking you were possibly scum I might look at it the same way. It was D1, it was all white noise posting for the most part. Only RF stood out by seeming to take tastes claim too seriously, then correcting but I don't feel like he looked scummiest to vote him out a full day early and for you to say you thought it was mostly enthusiastic town on the vote.

After I posted my vote on you and read yours, I thought it just doesn't sound believable/an authentic case. Hambeet's posts in response feel natural so I'm not sure where Yami is coming from by saying he looks defensive.

That you vote hambeet for the hammer feels lazy/not a normal town Bif line of thinking but I could be wrong there.

I think merk could be a bit off/not starting on strong footing but I don't see him as scum.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Yami Fenrir posted:

:thunk:

Why do you immediately assume there's an SK toal?

You know, like scum would.

My modbrain says that an SK in a 15 player game is somewhat unlikely.

Suspecting Toal for a reasonable thought is interesting. There were two kills, one person was decapitated cleanly, the other burned, stabbed and mutilated. Mod brain may tell you there's a vig but that's not a reason to suspect Toal.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I feel like it's Toal being town Toal for now, I didn't consider it being a gambit but if scum have a busdriver it's maybe the only sure night action they knew would be happening (since Toal made it clear they would target Merk). Not sure why pick Sand except they butted heads pretty hardcore in Beez, so maybe to gently caress with Toal?

Still waiting for Yami to say how he knows scum are IRL monsters.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Bifauxnen posted:

"gambit" wasn't meant in a bad way, town can do gambits too!

Ahhhh Maer, I take it back about missing scum Maer lol

That was a fast turn around on me, I wonder why :)

Thing is I think if Yami had some knowledge of who scum is he would have come out D2 a little stronger, instead of griping about killing newbies. (I agree killing newbies is lovely, but why doesn't Yami start by looking at who Circl was possibly suspicious of)? He seemed to be lightly suspicious of you and then drops his discussion of you to go after Toal.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

gently caress, sorry deadmeat :(

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Bifauxnen posted:

Uh I thought you've been townie since D1 I said I missed scum Maer cause I thought scum Maer would be making more sense rn

I took it back cause you thinking Yami meant serious flavour poo poo was hilarious

Lol alright I get it now :ughh:

Circl is an odd kill, now I understand why he (Yami) was chastising you about killing newbies but I think he was laying it on a little thick.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Yami Fenrir posted:

Starting to wonder if Maer is an ApostateCourier alt.

I don't know who that is but it feels like an insult. (Probably better I don't know after the Mr. Steak comparison :waycool:)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Bifauxnen posted:

Enough that you think it was fake? I buy it as him being genuinely offended at whoever did it.

I'm starting to wonder if it could have been a fellow newb who pulled the trigger, actually. Meen's been hardcore lurking and seeing that outrage might've made him shy away even more.

Meen as lurky scum is possible, I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and engage with him (I think he said he was going to try to post more in the thread).

I was thinking about your catch of Anidav in Beez and how I thought that was way out of left field when you were right and comparing to here but I have a hard time seeing hambeet as insincere in his responses or flailing/defensive.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Yami you feel like you're going really hard to protect Bif here and it's concerning.

Instead of analyzing the votes on Bif, why not analyze the votes on RF who we knew was town?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'm contemplating the case on merk and his responses but I'm just not feeling it but finding it difficult to put into words at the moment (I had dental work and the Novocain is starting to fade so need to pain meds to kick in soon).

I think one reason is merk is being called scummy because of his vote or case on Meen but Bif has also speculated that Meen could be lurking scum, leaving that door open.
Merk does feel like he's operating off his back foot, not in a playing dumb way but a dumbfounded way? I don't think that's intentional but going to reread.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Start on page 9 probably, my case on Bif is short but there's not really a fast recap

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Toal how is Sand sounding in the mason chat? He's coming off kind of quiet to me here

Sandwolf posted:

I read your case Yami, in full. Though admittedly I’m on merk for slightly different reasons.

Mind sharing?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I was gonna repeat your own words from squid: "3P need to die immediately" but also:

merk posted:

I could say the whole 'I'll work with the town hahahahahahaa save me' line everyone tries, but you know it would be hollow. I'd work to find the Wolfman and Dracula if you are cool with me doing that.

Nope. ##vote merk

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Yami Fenrir posted:

So... can we talk about how beet is blatantly scum that tried to push people away from Merk now?

I can see it, he seemed really ambivalent on voting him. I need to reread but Hum also looks bad (going to reread both at lunch).

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

b-minus1 posted:

Sorry for being mia near eod yesterday. Need to look over the previous few pages but I think meen should die today

I think we have better options.

Also another thought before I have to go back to work, Tommu (now Voodoo) was lightly calling Hum sus but really not doing anything of merit and I think voodoo might have been defending merk pretty strongly? Last night is kind of a blur, I need to reread (and read meen's new posts) when I can focus.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Yeah I need to take a step back and think things over considering I also had suspicions on Bif and defended merk somewhat. I didn't suspect he was full on scum but when he said he was 3P I thought that sounded reasonable given his play.

Post flip I was still suspicious of Bif (merk seemed to fight very hard to not suspect you as scum, didn't see a case on you and only voting you in self preservation) but I will back off there for now and see what else comes up.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

No double kill is also interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

merk posted:

I do not understand Bif's vote on hambeet at all. Voting hambeet for poo poo posting on day 1 like it's a scum tell makes no sense.

A null read.

merk posted:

##vote Bif

I would go back to Meen. I think I actually like the Meen case more, but let's see what happens here.

merk posted:

Bif, you said I'm scum because

I have no idea what any of that means. It doesn't make any sense. Is my content scummy? If so, which parts? Do you disagree with what I've said on Meen? Do you disagree with my line of questioning on Humalong? What, in particular, is scummy?

The only thing that makes any sense is the mason argument which you tossed in as an add on at the end.

merk posted:

I am currently voting Bif to stay alive, yes.

There's just a constant lack of making an alignment call on you, just questioning you as though he was confused. You've had your share of fights before but this one felt different, maybe because it was him as scum and he didn't want to say anything too bold (I'm coming to that realization as I type it) but I don't know why scum merk would hold back on casing you here and saying meen is his best case if you are town. I've seen him as scum argue heavily to get town voted out but he didn't approach you the same way.