Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
(I have checked all subforums and rules, and I believe this to be the most appropriate place for this question, but as it involves PC Hardware, an Android tablet and the software between them I apologize if I got it wrong)

I have a Acer Aspire z24 AIO (win11), an HP for my second display, and a Lenovo Tab M10 Plus Android tablet that I am using as a third display.

I have been using a paid version of Splashtop Wired X Display. It's always been laggy, which is fine I guess because I mostly use it as a fader dock for DAW, or to monitor security cameras or have notes on. But it is a total resource hog, always consuming 35-40 percent of CPU. This gets in the way when editing video or music.

Is there a better solution that uses less resources? I really don't mind if it strips out all of the tablet functionality and just reduces the tablet to a full-time touchscreen monitor. I prefer a wired solution if possible.

Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Tried the tablet route on my Mac, I ended up just buying a 12" monitor and connecting it via a USB 3.0 DisplayLink adaptor, no issues.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

I used Duet display with an ipad for a short while a few years ago. It also used a ton of cpu, but was fine for normal office tasks. I replaced it with a cheap larger secondary display fairly quickly, but it would still be useful if I was doing a lot of work on a laptop in a library or coffee shop or something.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Question Time posted:

I used Duet display with an ipad for a short while a few years ago. It also used a ton of cpu, but was fine for normal office tasks. I replaced it with a cheap larger secondary display fairly quickly, but it would still be useful if I was doing a lot of work on a laptop in a library or coffee shop or something.

2nd vote for duet. Still got tired of fiddling with it and switched to a 3rd monitor once I had space but it was a good holdover when I wanted 3 screens in a tiny corner workstation setup.