Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

This is for gameday posting about NCAA basketball, men's or women's. The other thread can be more about News/Views.

The 21/22 season kicked off last night with actual fans in the stands again. Noted villian, Mike Krzyzewski is retiring from coaching Duke so he can go coach actual devils. Expect a lot of fawning over him for the entire season. I hope your team doesn't play Duke that often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
BTFU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
100% mask mandate at this Michigan-Buffalo game, it's kind of rad seeing college basketball in person with minimum risk of communicable disease and/or death!

Edit: Michigan may need to get two new centers next year because our current two might not be long for college basketball

Edit2: https://twitter.com/BucketProblem/status/1458610399025242114?t=wPwSkQmcA-4WyRIbbWyCwQ&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 11, 2021

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Go clones. gently caress a Beaver.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Edey might be the best huge white lab-hulk that Painter has ever grown

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Only got to watch about 10 minutes but clones looked good on D. Low scoring affair.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Salisbury University (MD) tonight became the first non-D1 school to beat a D1 this season, though they only beat Delaware State, one of many terrible teams in the MEAC this year.

elsewhere in games teams shouldn't lose, Louisville lost at home to Furman and Oklahoma State to Oakland

elentar fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 13, 2021

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State is either about to lose to or barely escape Colgate at home, and it's a preview of what their season is going to be without Manny Bates on the interior, teams with actual talent inside will just score at will on them

Oh well, not like they were going to be a good team anyway

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Good win for UCLA. It's good for the Pac when UCLA is good even if it's funny to me when they're bad.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

very solid win for Florida pulling away late against a Florida State team that as, in absence of any other obvious candidates, widely considered to be the 2nd best team in the ACC

again all signs pointing to a very down year for the ACC, actually on evidence so far I'd have to say VT is the only team that really looks like pushing Duke at all

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
another bad game from mizzou so far. i don't see this team ever becoming more than a perennial NIT entrant under martin, i'd love to be proven wrong though

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
This is an ugly loving illini marquette game.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
1 point in the last 5 and a half minutes to blow it . Can't wait for kofi to come back

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Kind of nice to see "Mizzou down 20 to UMKC" on my timeline and know I don't have to bother with regular season college basketball this year

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

xbilkis posted:

Kind of nice to see "Mizzou down 20 to UMKC" on my timeline and know I don't have to bother with regular season college basketball this year

i think the folks carrying cuonzo's water are going to slowly stop doing so this year. hoping 22-23 is the year where they go for a high ceiling hire instead of the bullshit cheap or safe moves of the past decade

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Wrong thread

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Long Beach State shooting 66% from the field (71% from 3), still down 15 to UCLA with 11 minutes to go lol

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mike_V posted:

i think the folks carrying cuonzo's water are going to slowly stop doing so this year. hoping 22-23 is the year where they go for a high ceiling hire instead of the bullshit cheap or safe moves of the past decade

Did Cuonzo end up getting that extension last year? I know talks started up when word was going around Miami might be interested but don’t remember anything past that

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

If ISU doesn’t beat Alabama State by 20, I’ll consider it a bad game.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Oscar Tshiebwe had 16 rebounds tonight, which lowered his season average.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Houston is very good but Virginia is very, very bad

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
three double-doubles for Purdue tonight.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Seton Hall is very Tall and somehow Michigan leads by 3 at halftime after missing 11 straight and hitting zero threes :psyduck:

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
This year's UH team is clearly younger and rawer, but man, we're just as suffocating on defense. I knew Kyler Edwards was going to be a good transfer, but Taze Moore is a freakish athlete

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Clones only won by 8, but they had an atrocious shooting night. It was all good D either, they just bricked a lot of open shots. 1/20 from three, yikes.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Michigan gagged away an 11 point lead with terrible shooting/defense and dumb/questionable fouls, rip

Had two shots to tie, missed both, and had two foul shots to tie - missed the first and made the intentional miss attempt :v:

Young Team poo poo, but still bad

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Seton Hall runs deep in my family. Multiple generations of undergrad and graduate degrees. Family on the faculty. The 1989 championship game is the only sporting event I ever saw my parents watch. I still remember my moms “oh no!” at that bullshit foul call.

So while the stakes not nearly as high and forever later…this was a fun W.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

davecrazy posted:

So while the stakes not nearly as high and forever later…this was a fun W.

https://twitter.com/BFQuinn/status/1460821070345170945?t=wZZsMsM71bat0csO_dJW3w&s=19

I was the first to go to Michigan and didn't give a gently caress until ~2010 because the team was putrid, but Seton Hall very much won this game. Seemed like every goddamn three was wide-the-gently caress open from extremely good offensive sets and perfect picks at the right time. Still wasn't a fan of the late-game foul calls :v:

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

facialimpediment posted:

Michigan gagged away an 11 point lead with terrible shooting/defense and dumb/questionable fouls, rip

Had two shots to tie, missed both, and had two foul shots to tie - missed the first and made the intentional miss attempt :v:

Young Team poo poo, but still bad

It's game 3, poo poo happens. No one cares what happens this early in the season. All this game will do is give Seton Hall one higher seed in the tourney.

This team will still make a run in the tourney.

Brandon Johns needs to hit the bench and come off as the 6th man again.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

mizzou struggling at home against another bad mid-major. folks, we love to see cuonzo martin coaching himself out of columbia

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Hey NIU beat Washington already. South Carolina and Ole Miss losing too. Not a great day for the SEC.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
DePaul has 31 FT's in this game and Rutgers has 6.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

curried lamb of God posted:

I knew Kyler Edwards was going to be a good transfer

I'm glad that he's having a really good season so far. He was ruined by Beard.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This Arizona/Wichita state game got so ugly.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Rick posted:

This Arizona/Wichita state game got so ugly.

:hai:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat they called a tech on that? Lol

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
These free throws are TRASH

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

canyoneer posted:

These free throws are TRASH

Yeah twelve missed free throws is A LOT for a college game.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Live from Vegas (the Arizona game):

https://twitter.com/BFQuinn/status/1461930339807334405

https://twitter.com/BFQuinn/status/1461931100062707712

The OT is delaying the Michigan-UNLV game, which is probably going to be a 1AM tipoff eastern time :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Hunter Dickinson discovered his right hand and his backup is doing crazy poo poo like this:

https://twitter.com/BrandonSimberg/status/1461946367232950277?t=XgB84yNXNJ4-e3_gJcwdNQ&s=19

And this:

https://twitter.com/swankywolverine/status/1461959136824942598?t=TWUbmJkgoUO5kIqs7HE-sw&s=19

It's a good thing Juwan is a good Big recruiter, because he's going to need two of them for next year.