Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Kirk Vikernes posted:

It took a while to dig this one up. I had to type the entire search string "Stile Lowtax" into the YouTube search bar and scroll all the way down to the first hit.

https://youtu.be/dcdWlPz5ixk

Sigh. I thought they were all gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr
this lowtax funeral thread is great for meeting furries! wow!

Ganbare Gincun
Jul 24, 2014

An alt-right piece of poo poo.

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

Amazing

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

jfc

NotShadowStar
Sep 20, 2000

Darko posted:

I know where it is because I was "stile." I like to keep it buried because I changed about my usage of the n word since then haha.

It was funny to do back then because stile and I were trolling his readers but doesn't work as much without the context.

Hey man.

Thank you for being black.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm so mad and circle jerking right now

:mad:

:circlefap:

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat

Zassiliss posted:

remembered my password

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

gently caress SNEEP posted:

that video is still a classic. who was lowtax??

A friend of mine that had no idea what stileproject or SomethingAwful was.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

this lowtax funeral thread is great for meeting furries! wow!

Hell yeah, it’s been great to get PMs from a bunch of them over the last few days :3

Hilariously, one or two who I had irl furry friends in common with

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Also I can’t believe I found out about queen elizabeth’s death in this, the goldfish memorial thread

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

:screamy:How can I get a screamy gangtag? that poo poo slaps.:screamy:

Futa Fake posted:

Keep circle jerking and being mad on a thread though, it's also very very healthy.

lol. lmao.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Also someone asked earlier, Stile got a TON of hatemail when all the supremacist people thought he was black all along.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

What a time to be alive!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

spouse posted:

The same way you can get any other gangtag: by paying to change your avatar and adding whatever gangtags along that you want. Currently limited to two, IIRC.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

spouse posted:

:same:

Darko posted:

Also someone asked earlier, Stile got a TON of hatemail when all the supremacist people thought he was black all along.
:rubby:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the limit of 2 is a recommendation/guideline some mods stick to when giving out free tags, if you buy your own title you can go hog wild

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
So where will the wake be held?

EDIT: For :screamy:

NotShadowStar
Sep 20, 2000
Since all you olds are great at digging things up, hit me with tall.jpg, the like half million pixel tall image of Bruce Willis’ head used for destroying terrible threads. I think about that one sometimes too and never could find it.

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021

FoolyCharged posted:

Dawn of the third day:
$1930 remaining in twitter sale fund

So at this rate, Futa has 193 days left to try to own us?

:five:

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
I have to say something things that have been overwhelming me from the previous week. I need these things set straight so that we can begin to find some semblance of peace from here on out.

First of all, I want to thank this community for it's incredible generosity since his passing. The gift you have given to his children is something I'll never have enough or the right amount of words to thank you all for in it's entirety. I wish I was better with words.

Rich was not all bad. No one is. We are all multi-dimensional beings and viewing someone in black or white thinking forgets that most peoples pain or the damage they caused is because they themselves were dealing with trauma or family modeling which led them to act out in the ways they did.

There was good in Rich. There was love and there was kindness. There were times when he was an exceptional father. I have spent hours the last week sobbing over the fact that these memories exist and no one will know them except those closest to him who now get to see nothing remembered of him except the negative. I will do my best to help our daughter remember the laughter and the good times.

I am not perfect, I have never been so and I find many, many regrets surfacing remembering our time together. I take responsibility for bringing what I did to light and I deeply regret being vocal at the times I was.

Rich tried to get sober. I need people to know he tried. Before our daughter was born he attempted to attend rehab but ultimately was not successful. His demons and his traumas ran deep and I know that for many years even before I met him that he had been suffering and doing his best to outrun them. He was troubled by childhood trauma and by the addictions and abusive behavior that formed along the way.

Rich was not a monster. He was a deeply flawed man who felt that his creativity had dried up at some point and the pain he suffered from that haunted him. He wanted to do more, contribute more, write more, but he felt lost. He felt overwhelmed and eventually he started to suffer physical pain.

I want to mention that I do believe he was in physical pain when I knew him, after about 2017. I have often wondered if this was a result of the boxing match and then was further made worse from when he fell down a flight of stairs while carrying our infant daughter. As he fell he turned, trying to shield her from his body weight. He slammed the back his head and neck against the wall and was unable to move for 15 minutes, but he refused when I told him I was calling an ambulance.

The photos of him sleeping are the only thing that was staged about the first surgery and I am sorry if I worded that in a way that was unclear. As far as I know he had another surgery to help manage the pain but that was unsuccessful too. In my original post months back, I mentioned that he did not do the physical therapy he had been suggested to do, and felt that contributed to the on going pain.

As far as I know as of now, there is no will nor is there any estate. There were numerous IRS debts, credit card debts and I believe there is no property except housewares.

I've seen rumours that Rich was hiding my immigration papers, which is also untrue. That's not the way immigration works. Without going too into detail, the spouse of the immigrant needs to file the papers to start the process. We went several times to attorneys to get this process started but I was told that it was too expensive for us to do at that time and to just hold tight.

This is why when I acted out in an incident of reactive abuse, I was jailed by ICE for 30 days. The state brought the charges since Rich called the police, but by efforts by him and his mother, I was released instead of deported. I did not do what he claimed, such as knocking him out or hitting him with a frying pan, but I take responsibility for slapping his shoulder, arm and chest in an attempt to leave the room when he was screaming at me Infront of our daughter. It was a moment of weakness and one I'll regret forever. He didn't have to work to have me released, but he did.

I don't know why I'm writing this other than that I need it out there so that people know he was human. He was not an evil villain. Relationships are complex, even ones where there are abusive behavior. There is still so much love in my heart for the man I fell in love with. The man who was funny and kind and creative and who at one point I saw myself with forever. I keep remembering him on moment our daughter was born, sobbing while he held her. He was so proud. He loved his children, even if sometimes he messed up, he loved them.

I speak for all past partners when I say we tried to help him. We tried. Over and over. All we wanted for him was for him to get better for his children. I don't think I recognized much of who he was after I left in late 2019, but I don't think he turned into a heartless ghoul either. I believe he was in a tremendous amount of emotional pain from coming to terms with the decisions in his life that led him to that point.

This is all devastating and we are mourning deeply and painfully and it is only right that something positive to be put out there right now for him.

If you or anyone you know is suffering with mental illness, trauma, suicidal ideation or addiction, please reach out. I know there is a stickied post on GBS with these resources. Please use them.

I'll be logging off for some time now, the things I've said in the past have only lead to adding to a negative picture of him and for that I am deeply sorry.

I appreciate the space to say my piece and thank you again for all you've done for his children.

LadyAmbien fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 14, 2021

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
E: not the time

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

LadyAmbien posted:

I have to say something things that have been overwhelming me from the previous week. I need these things set straight so that we can begin to find some semblance of peace from here on out.

First of all, I want to thank this community for it's incredible generosity since his passing. The gift you have given to his children is something I'll never have enough or the right amount of words to thank you all for in it's entirety. I wish I was better with words.

Rich was not all bad. No one is. We are all multi-dimensional beings and viewing someone in black or white thinking forgets that most peoples pain or the damage they caused is because they themselves were dealing with trauma or family modeling which led them to act out in the ways they did.

There was good in Rich. There was love and there was kindness. There were times when he was an exceptional father. I have spent hours the last week sobbing over the fact that these memories exist and no one will know them except those closest to him who now get to see nothing remembered of him except the negative. I will do my best to help our daughter remember the laughter and the good times.

I am not perfect, I have never been so and I find many, many regrets surfacing remembering our time together. I take responsibility for bringing what I did to light and I deeply regret being vocal at the times I was.

Rich tried to get sober. I need people to know he tried. Before our daughter was born he attempted to attend rehab but ultimately was not successful. His demons and his traumas ran deep and I know that for many years even before I met him that he had been suffering and doing his best to outrun them. He was troubled by childhood trauma and by the addictions and abusive behavior that formed along the way.

Rich was not a monster. He was a deeply flawed man who felt that his creativity had dried up at some point and the pain he suffered from that haunted him. He wanted to do more, contribute more, write more, but he felt lost. He felt overwhelmed and eventually he started to suffer physical pain.

I want to mention that I do believe he was in physical pain when I knew him, after about 2017. I have often wondered if this was a result of the boxing match and then was further made worse from when he fell down a flight of stairs while carrying our infant daughter. As he fell he turned, trying to shield her from his body weight. He slammed the back his head and neck against the wall and was unable to move for 15 minutes, but he refused when I told him I was calling an ambulance.

The photos of him sleeping are the only thing that was staged about the first surgery and I am sorry if I worded that in a way that was unclear. As far as I know he had another surgery to help manage the pain but that was unsuccessful too. In my original post months back, I mentioned that he did not do the physical therapy he had been suggested to do, and felt that contributed to the on going pain.

As far as I know as of now, there is no will nor is there any estate. There were numerous IRS debts, credit card debts and I believe there is no property except housewares.

I've seen rumours that Rich was hiding my immigration papers, which is also untrue. That's not the way immigration works. Without going too into detail, the spouse of the immigrant needs to file the papers to start the process. We went several times to attorneys to get this process started but I was told that it was too expensive for us to do at that time and to just hold tight.

This is why when I acted out in an incident of reactive abuse, I was jailed by ICE for 30 days. The state brought the charges since Rich called the police, but by efforts by him and his mother, I was released instead of deported. I did not do what he claims, but I take responsibility for slapping his shoulder, arm and chest in an attempt to leave the room when he was screaming at me Infront of our daughter. It was a moment of weakness and one I'll regret forever. He didn't have to work to have me released, but he did.

I don't know why I'm writing this other than that I need it out there so that people know he was human. He was not an evil villain. Relationships are complex, even ones where there are abusive behavior. There is still so much love in my heart for the man I fell in love with. The man who was funny and kind and creative and who at one point I saw myself with forever. I keep remembering him on moment our daughter was born, sobbing while he held her. He was so proud. He loved his children, even if sometimes he messed up, he loved them.

I speak for all past partners when I say we tried to help him. We tried. Over and over. All we wanted for him was for him to get better for his children. I don't think I recognized much of who he was after I left in late 2019, but I don't think he turned into a heartless ghoul either. I believe he was in a tremendous amount of emotional pain from coming to terms with the decisions in his life that led him to that point.

This is all devastating and we are mourning deeply and painfully and it is only right that something positive to be put out there right now for him.

If you or anyone you know is suffering with mental illness, trauma, suicidal ideation or addiction, please reach out. I know there is a stickied post on GBS with these resources. Please use them.

I'll be logging off for some time now, the things I've said in the past have only lead to adding to a negative picture of him and for that I am deeply sorry.

I appreciate the space to say my piece and thank you again for all you've done for his children.

Thanks for this, and a great post.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ty LA, I'm going to close this wake thread now.

it has been a complete and total ride.

thanks to all who posted it it.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

LadyAmbien posted:

This is why when I acted out in an incident of reactive abuse, I was jailed by ICE for 30 days. The state brought the charges since Rich called the police, but by efforts by him and his mother, I was released instead of deported. I did not do what he claims, but I take responsibility for slapping his shoulder, arm and chest in an attempt to leave the room when he was screaming at me Infront of our daughter. It was a moment of weakness and one I'll regret forever. He didn't have to work to have me released, but he did.

:love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I've put Lady Ambien's post in the OP for new people reading the thread.