Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chips
Dec 25, 2004
Mein Führer! I can walk!
thinking about his family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

ballistics statistics posted:

"Do you beat your wife?"

It's not an essay question, it's yes or no. There is no charitable reading of that at all.

I was trying to make the point that even the most charitable reading is "maybe he was a deluded piece of poo poo and not a cognizant one".

Sorry if my post came across like I was trying to make out he wasn't a piece of poo poo. I don't post too good when it's early (or any other time).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lyrai posted:

some people loving hate losing so much that they'll do this.

What a loving shithead.

Shithead? More like poo poo spread all over his basement room.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
while I'm not going to laugh about his death, I can't help but note that Rich would have laughed at his death, had it happened to someone else ~ten years ago. So....there ya go.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Personally, I'm glad there's one less woman abusing deadbeat dad in the world and I consider it a positive for the universe. Not sure why it is ghoulish to be happy that someone like that isn't around anymore. gently caress Lowtax and everyone else like him, and I hope they die too!

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Butterflies fluttering on my face!

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

The most charitable reading is that he honestly believed what he said about how he wasn't a domestic abuser and those crazy women were accused him for no reason. He clung pretty hard to that "never proven in court" thing and when that changed he couldn't handle it.

The less charitable reading is that he didn't want to live in a world where those crazy women and their pesky kids were going to be taking money out of his cookie n' pill budget.

Abusers never believe they are abusers. Dying doesn't erase the past of an abuser, so trying to diminish everything that happened just because he killed himself is like trying to blame others for his own actions and the consequences he faced. There is no charitable reading here.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The Butcher posted:

I'll get loving weird and honest here. Why the gently caress not.

I've got a dead person's diary. She lived a rough and sad loving life.

I've done all I can to try to find anyone, family, friends, who will take it... and not a single hit.

So for drugs and dreams related reasons (stupid and not science, yes), I know where to get rid of it that I think they would like. And if I'm wrong, at least I tried instead of just throwing it in the trash.

The paper will be burned and then disposed of in a certain river. And I take safety incredibly seriously. Those ashes will be completely wet and cold as hell before going anywhere to return back to the planet. The plastic binding parts will be thrown out. Not recyclable.

It I'd because we inherently know nobody should be forgotten yet everyone is.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

get india news dot com, the finest in journalism

NeverKnowsBests
Jun 8, 2013
drat... what now?

Bobbot
Mar 16, 2021

Although it may seem as if I cannot hear you, let me reassure you that you are being heard.
goonspeed

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

the tech startup bro world is talking about it too: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=29184198

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

LadyAmbien posted:

I have been sitting for hours debating whether or not to disclose this, and I feel like it's something I do need to get off of my chest.
Frankly, I'm tried of being quiet. I've mostly had to stay quiet for years about things happening behind the scenes. I've held things inside so long and so hard my chest physically hurt the same way it is now.

I considered not sharing this out of respect for Rich's parents and sister, but after thinking on the incredibly vitriolic wall of text Rich's Mother sent to me this morning, saying upon many other things, that his blood is on my hands, I need to share it to regain some sense of control over what's taken place in the past 48 hours.

Yesterday I recieved a divorce ruling that would help me and my daughter stay in our home in Canada and allow me to provide a good life for her as well as pay back numerous debts that had accrued during the past two years when I was receiving $350 a month in child support.

In the divorce ruling the judge found that Rich had willfully spent down the martial fund, confirmed his treatment of me was Domestic Violence and put together a plan to pay for the attorney fees etc. He would still retain custody settled on previously in mediation. He was due to get our daughter for Christmas.

An hour later I was contacted by my attorney who informed me that Rich had shot himself earlier in the morning.

So. There it is.
His other ex and I got to tell our children that their father died without saying goodbye to them, or that he loved them, or to my knowledge, left a note for them.

If you've made it this far thank you for giving me space to let this go so I know longer have to hold onto it.

God drat what a selfish piece of poo poo. Hope you all will come to peace with this in time.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

NeverKnowsBests posted:

drat... what now?

:justpost:

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

The most charitable reading is that he honestly believed what he said about how he wasn't a domestic abuser and those crazy women were accused him for no reason. He clung pretty hard to that "never proven in court" thing and when that changed he couldn't handle it.

The less charitable reading is that he didn't want to live in a world where those crazy women and their pesky kids were going to be taking money out of his cookie n' pill budget.

lol go gently caress yourself dude

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

NeverKnowsBests posted:

drat... what now?

Richard's mom needs a mop and a bucket to clean up her basement.

Time Master
Jul 30, 2020
The internet makes you stupid enough to kill yourself over child support debts

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Wanna PM me and I'll yell at you and call you a loving bitch-rear end shithead, a complete and utter fuckstain? Because that is a service I offer. It's definitely not for everyone but I know for a fact it would have helped me, personally, back in the day when I tried to kill myself.

People are weird. Keep living.

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots

Evang posted:

I remember a watermelon and a lot of awkardness. share the link if you still have it

https://archive.org/details/gooncon2k2

It's painful. Really, really painful.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

The only thing that sucks about this is that he was unable to shoot himself to death more than once

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Orenthal posted:

in an overwhelmingly negative thread, you are doing a very positive service. keep up the good work.

Don't get me wrong, Lowtax absolutely deserves to be posthumously dunked on at every opportunity. He was a terrible man who was an absolutely selfish chode until his very end.

But I know and knew good people who struggle with wanting to go on, and guilt does little to make you want to carry on with life. But I promise you, person reading this, you can be a better human being than Rich. Chances are very high you probably are already.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Most he deserves.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

It I'd because we inherently know nobody should be forgotten yet everyone is.

I keep an acquaintance who passed a few months ago of post-cancer GVHD in my Steam friends for this exact reason.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I'm,uh,' looking forward' to all the worst people posting tributes

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

NeverKnowsBests posted:

drat... what now?

like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.

OniSyphon
Dec 22, 2005
pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
Wow, learned he died on 4chan, and re-activated account just to say RIP in pieces.
Also, from skimming, get the vibe he's been through/is some poo poo, but I guess I left before all of the drama....

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

lowtax dead, so what?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Filthy Haiku posted:

Don't get me wrong, Lowtax absolutely deserves to be posthumously dunked on at every opportunity. He was a terrible man who was an absolutely selfish chode until his very end.

But I know and knew good people who struggle with wanting to go on, and guilt does little to make you want to carry on with life. But I promise you, person reading this, you can be a better human being than Rich. Chances are very high you probably are already.

I don't know those Jeff K comics were right on the zeitgeist.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Poasty posted:

The only thing that sucks about this is that he was unable to shoot himself to death more than once

We don't know that. He might've only winged himself with his first shot.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

OniSyphon posted:

Wow, learned he died on 4chan, and re-activated account just to say RIP in pieces.
Also, from skimming, get the vibe he's been through/is some poo poo, but I guess I left before all of the drama....

Okay you beat the Reddit guy in terms of "worst places to hear about this from" congrats

Lovable Luciferian
Jul 10, 2007

Flashing my onyx masonic ring at 5 cent wing n trivia night at Dinglers Sports Bar - Ozma
I think we all can agree Rich would want us making GBS threads up this thread hard.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

NLJP posted:

I'm,uh,' looking forward' to all the worst people posting tributes

a second tribute thread has hit the forums

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
To all the former goons logging on for the first time in decades,

Please stick around. We’ve just about gotten the mangosteen smell out of the carpet.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Lovable Luciferian posted:

I think we all can agree Rich would want us making GBS threads up this thread hard.

No because the jokes are at his expense so everyone would be loving banned by now

Joey_Redd
Jun 12, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

As someone who tried to off themselves years ago, if anyone else gets to that point just... fuckin' don't?? Like most people's reactions are "gosh you'll have things to live for in the future" or "isn't there anything you love in life, no matter how small?" but for me, knowing what I know now and looking back on that time, I'm just fuckin' mad that poo poo-rear end fucker tried to kill me. gently caress that rear end in a top hat, what a loving moron, god drat.

So like, don't be a poo poo-rear end fucker, explore every other option. gently caress at least sleep on it before doing anything, it's not like "being dead" is a one-time-only opportunity and you have to act now before the sale ends or whatever.

I hope this helps someone somehow, idk.

Eh man I have been there myself. I have lost friends that way too. It’s definitely not worth it. Thanks for sharing this

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Holy poo poo a lot of people on

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Yikesaroo.

Stay safe kids and exes :(

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Condolences to Lady Ambien and the kids. I hope one day you'll all be ok

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Shame Boy posted:

Okay you beat the Reddit guy in terms of "worst places to hear about this from" congrats

Which reddit guy? This a huge thread now lol

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

We don't know that. He might've only winged himself with his first shot.

Yeah I'm holding out hope he missed the first time and shot himself in the loving stomach first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jesus Christ. gently caress him for doing that to his poor daughters. Beyond terrible.