Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fermented Tinal posted:

Time to close the thread.

GrimGypsy posted:

thread went from funny jokes to returning goons getting upset at the jokes to intense furry/monstergirl debate to qcs handwringing in just 150 pages, and now nothing is funny or satisfying and the whole thing just feels annoying. truly a fitting memorial to richad

I think this is probably right, and for the best.

we may open it again later.

be well goons, i'm glad I get to shitpost with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

LadyAmbien posted:

I have been sitting for hours debating whether or not to disclose this, and I feel like it's something I do need to get off of my chest.
Frankly, I'm tried of being quiet. I've mostly had to stay quiet for years about things happening behind the scenes. I've held things inside so long and so hard my chest physically hurt the same way it is now.

I considered not sharing this out of respect for Rich's parents and sister, but after thinking on the incredibly vitriolic wall of text Rich's Mother sent to me this morning, saying upon many other things, that his blood is on my hands, I need to share it to regain some sense of control over what's taken place in the past 48 hours.

Yesterday I recieved a divorce ruling that would help me and my daughter stay in our home in Canada and allow me to provide a good life for her as well as pay back numerous debts that had accrued during the past two years when I was receiving $350 a month in child support.

In the divorce ruling the judge found that Rich had willfully spent down the martial fund, confirmed his treatment of me was Domestic Violence and put together a plan to pay for the attorney fees etc. He would still retain custody settled on previously in mediation. He was due to get our daughter for Christmas.

An hour later I was contacted by my attorney who informed me that Rich had shot himself earlier in the morning.

So. There it is.
His other ex and I got to tell our children that their father died without saying goodbye to them, or that he loved them, or to my knowledge, left a note for them.

If you've made it this far thank you for giving me space to let this go so I know longer have to hold onto it.

Thank you for sharing. I hope you and your daughter are going to be okay. Please reach out if you need anything. I'm very sorry you're going through this.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Thread re-opened. Stfu about furries and monster girls or whatever. We reserve the right to destroy you for being lovely to the kids or exes or for keeping up really stupid derails.

also donate to the kids he left behind !!!!! :thanks:

Editted to add the quote from LadyAmbien with a link directly to the gofundme

LadyAmbien posted:

There is a stickied post in GBS called For the Children with a link to the GFM where any money raised will be split between the girls and used for their care, any counseling costs and future education funds. .

https://www.gofundme.com/f/helping-a-friend-in-hiding

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 11, 2021

Asobu
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!
Soiled Meat
$20 big ones for the family.

Double what I paid here in the past 14 years.

Nitnen
Jul 29, 2011
Donated :)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

RoboHusky posted:

lulz.
gently caress somethingawful.
gently caress all of you.
You made fun of me, calling me weak and poo poo.
AND I loving HATE HOW YOU PIECES OF SHITS MAKE GIMMICK MATCHES.

and I loving hate how you pieces of shits make gimmick matches
gently caress gbs and its hivemind bullshit, hailing fascists such as OZMA, assholes like radium and Forum Superstars who think they're good but they're not. lionness and Shmorky is a loving furfag. GENRIC ADMINISTRATOR WAS RADIUM ALL ALONG YOU FUCKS. Fragmaster, you are one gently caress the somethingawful admin crew, they are the bane of the internet but in reality obnoxious gently caress heads who only want to make the somethingawful cult and they dont loving admit that they are in the loving wrong. Oh and somethingawful's loving front page is NOT FUNNY at all, it is lame and overdone yet you fucks still think it is funny. you also wanted to torrent, yet you denied it and covered it up with you pitty excuses not to pirate them.

gently caress GBS for it's degrading uneducated pieces of poo poo.
gently caress GAMES for being owned by the rear end in a top hat Nintendo empire whose only goal is to make profit.
gently caress Ask/Tell for being stupid dumbasses
gently caress Automotive INSANITY for wasting our precious resources.
gently caress the Firing range and TCC for haing illegal firearms and drugs Tthere should be gun control and police arrersting you for drug possession.
gently caress Debate and Discussion for having ANTI ENVIROMENTALIST UTOPIA and gently caress THEM ALSO FOR FOOLED BY THE CULT OF A loving MUSLIM CALLED OBAMA.
gently caress ADTRW for generating pedophiles and degrading culture as we know it.

and last of all.
gently caress YOU LOWTAX FOR TAKING MY loving MONEY AWAY FOR YOU GREED, MANGOSTEEN JUICE and YOUR GOOK WIFE.
ADMIN 5 FOREVER.

gently caress SOMETHINGAWFUL.

ADMIN 5, PETA, Consumers, Hillary Clinton and even those banned by YOUR loving DICTATORSHIP WILL HAVE REVENGE ON YOUR loving PITY ASSES.

I AM INDEPENDENT. I AM POPULAR.
MY INTELLIGENCE IS BETTER THEN YOU.
YOU ARE NOT.
YOU ARE OBNOXIOUS.
YOU ARE FAT.
YOU ARE ALL FOOLS OF THIS STUPID FORUM.

ALL OF YOU GOONS ARE loving ASSHOLES, YOU THINK YOU ARE BETTER THEN THE REST OF THE WORLD.

EVERYTHING MELTS AWAY LIKE ICE YET THE GLORY OF ADMIN5, THE GLORY OF SASS ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT WILL REMAIN. SASS WILL NOT ONLY SURVIVE, IT WILL DOMINATE THE WORLD.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Lowtax posted:

Have people forgotten I have the ability to ban them for poo poo posts

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

As I said before, :rip:

I wish all the best to his kids and family. I am grateful that SA exists. I wish to god he hadn't committed the crimes he did.

Stay safe and healthy, everyone.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

:10bux: to the children, which Wu Tang is for.

Yellow Rhymer
Jun 17, 2003
Goodbye Richard. Thanks for photoahop Friday I remember that used to be funny

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
What are some good mental health charities to donate to?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Mr. Crow posted:

What are some good mental health charities to donate to?

The one for his kids posted above

I mean it's kind of mental health in a sense

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Thread reopened- Lowtax still dead?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

just for clarification it was making this website that we consider to be the mental health issue here

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

check this one out:

blowtax

donated to the families, hope they come out the other end of this mess better off

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Failed Imagineer posted:

Thread reopened- Lowtax still dead?

For now

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I feel really bad for his kids :smith: I think Lowtax was a piece of poo poo but his kids totally didn't deserve that.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Goddamn this is awful. Donating now.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lowtax will return in...Goldbelly

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

AHH F/UGH posted:

The one for his kids posted above

I mean it's kind of mental health in a sense

Lmao I'm not giving random strangers money and also maybe if america had more mental health resources he wouldn't have beat his kids or whatever!!

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

RIP. He was a piece of poo poo, but I don't wish death upon anyone. Best of wishes to his ex-partners and kids. Donated to their fund.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mr. Crow posted:

Lmao I'm not giving random strangers money and also maybe if america had more mental health resources he wouldn't have beat his kids or whatever!!

yeah but then he wouldn't have created this hosed up website and forums

makes u think

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Mr. Crow posted:

The organizers are his ex wives lmao not random strangers

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mr. Crow posted:

Thank you I'm sure everyone really needed to hear this opinion from you and enjoy your absolutely wonderful post.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
Wow. Weird news to find this morning. gently caress you, lowtax.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Mr. Crow posted:

Might I recommend instead donating "thoughts" and/or "prayers"

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
RIP lowtax, but gently caress you for being a piece of poo poo, but also thanks for making a cool website that influenced internet culture and humor for decades I guess, but really that has more to do with the community that formed there. So a real thank you to everyone here, its been entertaining and enlightening.

hexenhaus
Oct 3, 2001

wow. So many things. I haven't been back here for years. I'm sorry it went down like this.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

I feel really bad for his kids

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
I put money in the pot. drat this sucks.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AHH F/UGH posted:

The organizers are his ex wives lmao not random strangers

yeah I just added the quote from LadyAmbien to my post above, I realized linking to another SA thread by some other person maybe didn't give it much authority

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
christ, it's like a classical tragedy, complete with the spite suicide. thank you Lady Ambien for being there for your kids. I hope us forumgoers can help you out.

Shame Boy posted:

I still have every volume of the YTMND soundtrack because there's a hell of a lot of genuinely good songs on it and I am not ashamed to admit that :colbert:
I managed to get Tunak Tunak Tun played at my high school dance and coordinated half a dozen friends to do the dance with me, it was really fun and people were initially like "wtf" but surprisingly got into it

I handed the DJ a burned CD, he popped it into a personal player and listened to it for a bit, a smile crept across his face and he was like "yeah, let's do this, gently caress it"

a bunch of mp3s on my computer are still the YTMND soundtrack versions. Invincible, Harder Better Faster Stronger, and Transa - Supernova

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Jizzlobber

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dude could've left this plane with a pretty great legacy, truth be told. Alas, it seems every real life decision he made was out of spite to someone else, up to the final one. Just utter sadness for everyone around him, when he was both alive and dead, and it was all so unnecessary.

Also more than ever thanks to Jeffrey (of YOSPOS) because I'm guessing if he didn't step up to take the leash, this place would have been a nightmare to salvage out of this I'm sure.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

alas his toes were too sweaty for this world

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

EL BROMANCE posted:

Also more than ever thanks to Jeffrey (of YOSPOS) because I'm guessing if he didn't step up to take the leash, this place would have been a nightmare to salvage out of this I'm sure.
yeah this would have been a truly incredible trainwreck to wrangle

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Rageaholic posted:

I feel really bad for his kids :smith: I think Lowtax was a piece of poo poo but his kids totally didn't deserve that.

Considering the cloud of bitter ex-SA groups in existence it's horribly inevitable that his kids will need some long term help in dealing with both this and what went before. I would just wish them peace and the chance to find closure. Both my parents died before I turned 20 but natural causes (cardiac arrest, stroke) aren't the same thing.

IzzyNobre
Dec 8, 2005

Long live Mario
Wow. Holy poo poo.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lowtax set into motion events that created a cool place to hang out with good people, and also possibly kinda sorta caused the renewed rise of global fascism. I wish he was a better person and hope the people he hurt can heal and move on.

pee pee poo poo, he was a bad webmaster

FaustianBargainBin
Apr 14, 2012
He may not have lived a good life, but at least it’s over now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Donated $20 bucks US. I hope this helps the girls. I'll keep them in my heart.