Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

The dead gay forums just got a little deader. So long, Lowtax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

See you, spine cowboy...

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message ‘He is Dead’.
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

MLK Ultra posted:

moody blues actually

Just what the truth is, I can't post anymore

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Furry political forum where you must have the string 'uwu' somewhere in the post or you get auto-banned.

Jesus, I had COMPLETELY forgot about your avatar and that comic

I miss those days

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Woodsy Owl posted:

Is he actually dead?

No. It's a Stalinesque plot to root out who his real supporters and enemies are.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

So when does LF come back

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

timmporary posted:

welcome home goons of yore

Lowtax the Terrible is dead. Long live Jeffrey! Recall all political exiles! Cancel all public debts! Lift your skinny Cheeto-stained fingers like antennas to heaven!

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Lowtax shot himself to avoid paying child support

hosed up if true

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Hillary 2024 posted:

Ganging up on a woman whos son just killed himself is very SA

:goon:

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Jazzzzz posted:

Mediocrity succeeds in spite of himself, watches that success slip away, then spends the better part of two decades embittered and hurting those close to him.

As Ken Kesey used to say, "Cream rises, poo poo floats."

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Tom Collins posted:

At the very least, it forces you to look back at it all, and man, weird, strange, inexplicable things of all sorts happened here and because of him, directly or indirectly. Makes it clear there's no real narrative to history; why him, why all of this? There's no drat reason at all. Right place at the right time explains basically everything.

I don't know what the gently caress this says about me, but Lowtax dying has me thinking about life, far more so than when I've lost relatives. That a man creates something (almost in spite of himself) that grows into this enormous, culturally important thing, fails to capitalize on it, and then caps it all off with a hot one to the dome. It's just loving.... I don't know. Strange, and sad, and weird.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

im saint germain posted:

It is, as I believe Voltaire put it, a "bitch move"

I suppose so. If nothing else, it's got me thinking about what I want to be remembered for, and who I want to be remembered by.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Gibbons posted:

goodnight goon

And may flights of YTMNDs sing thee to thy rest

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

lovely Wizard posted:

From early 2000s to current day (rip my original account), I remember virtually every goon I interacted with who had any sort of interactions themselves with Lowtax not liking Lowtax and just tolerating him on the forums.
People making fun of him buying a McMansion and a bunch of 100k + cars with his SA money while also being so cheap/incompetent with his site, or him trying to get free poo poo off of more competent goons like programming or a gaming PC (I remember hearing that he tried to say he needed it for SA, and then when the goon obviously didn't believe it he banned them), and just squandering every INSANE OPPORTUNITY POSSIBLE. From Yahtzee to Bitcoin to Radium to Not Investing/Selling out to NOT EVEN JUST KEEPING AN EYE ON HIS FORUMS AS AN ADMINISTRATOR TO MAKE SURE poo poo WAS GOING OKAY.

I think everyone wants to assume that forums are just on the way out, but SA could have stolen neogaf/resetera's lunch as a centralized video game if he basically did a neutral job. Hell, Resetera has the same absentee owner poo poo going on, except he managed to turn 3 years into 4.5 million.
But I guess just letting the Ozmas and Helldumps of the forums just run it how they want was easier for him. That, and purposely trying to spend $500,000 as fast as possible and gently caress his daughters over just to also gently caress his wife (that he abused).

Then he also made sure to kill himself in a way that he believed would ruin their lives according to that tweet - JUST loving OD AND YOUR DAUGHTERS WILL NEVER KNOW FOR SURE IF IT WAS ON PURPOSE, AT LEAST GIVE THEM THAT YOU loving PIECE OF poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MvJAcLZAtw

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

nobody has been punished for emptyquoting in years

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Heath posted:

I want to hear Integral's opinion

Someone tell GraeyAlien to come back, as well