Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

I got 99 problems but a bitc 98 problems

Gearman posted:

Say what you will about Lowtax...

yeah that's what we're doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

has anybody told goldbelly yet?

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They've declared a week of mourning. All cookies are 10% off.

oh hell yeah, $14 each? now we're talking

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

i just want this on the new page

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

Cat Hassler posted:

From my PMs

he may have been wrong in the end, but he gave it his best shot

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

LadyAmbien posted:

I have been sitting for hours debating whether or not to disclose this, and I feel like it's something I do need to get off of my chest.
Frankly, I'm tried of being quiet. I've mostly had to stay quiet for years about things happening behind the scenes. I've held things inside so long and so hard my chest physically hurt the same way it is now.

I considered not sharing this out of respect for Rich's parents and sister, but after thinking on the incredibly vitriolic wall of text Rich's Mother sent to me this morning, saying upon many other things, that his blood is on my hands, I need to share it to regain some sense of control over what's taken place in the past 48 hours.

Yesterday I recieved a divorce ruling that would help me and my daughter stay in our home in Canada and allow me to provide a good life for her as well as pay back numerous debts that had accrued during the past two years when I was receiving $350 a month in child support.

In the divorce ruling the judge found that Rich had willfully spent down the martial fund, confirmed his treatment of me was Domestic Violence and put together a plan to pay for the attorney fees etc. He would still retain custody settled on previously in mediation. He was due to get our daughter for Christmas.

An hour later I was contacted by my attorney who informed me that Rich had shot himself earlier in the morning.

So. There it is.
His other ex and I got to tell our children that their father died without saying goodbye to them, or that he loved them, or to my knowledge, left a note for them.

If you've made it this far thank you for giving me space to let this go so I know longer have to hold onto it.

I'm sorry that you went through all of this, and he left you in a difficult position even to the end. You're a much stronger person than most of us. Thank you for sharing.

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

Solus posted:

Should i post goatse again or?

do you even have to ask, the answer is always the same

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

Filthy Haiku posted:

To any other goons who have struggled with suicidal urges; remember how Lowtax taking his own life hurt those around him even though he was a garbage person. Look in the mirror and ask yourself "Am I as big of an rear end in a top hat as Lowtax?"

No. No you are not. Keep fighting friends.

in an overwhelmingly negative thread, you are doing a very positive service. keep up the good work.

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

LadyAmbien posted:

My daughter is five, she will fare better than his other children who are in their teens and risk seeing people celebrating their fathers death.

This is a tough realization for me, thinking that we were on their side all along, but perhaps we're only making things worse. I don't think this was any of our intentions. I personally apologize for my part in it.

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

Time Master posted:

his second to last video he posted really seems like he was hinting at this outcome

it's been a decade since this last happened to me. damnit. well played

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

Filthy Haiku posted:

Severe content warning:

This is the reason I'm not a gun owner. Thanks for sharing your story and glad you're still with us.

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

are we finally done thanking him for doing one thing decades ago and burning everything to the ground at every opportunity since
imagine how different of a legacy he'd have left if uwe finished the job

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

TenementFunster posted:

you have to admit it was very funny how he started a website and a forum that so completely captured an internet zeitgeist on accident, and completely pissed it away through stupidity and sloth.

that beef jerky was good as hell, and papa kyanka gave me the opportunity to order it. i am eternally grateful

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

on a good note, the gofundme is $5k away from being fully funded.
not that the goal should be considered a stopping point.
:10bux:

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

imagine being a cultural pioneer, and everybody knows who you are.
now imagine the final moment that you will be remembered for, is you throating a king size johnsonville.

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

gently caress man i'm just here to shitpost in a thread about a dead webmaster and i STILL can't escape NFTs

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

a video of a terrible person dunking on another terrible person, that's usually a youtube thing

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

why waste your empathy on the abuser instead of the abused or bereaved?

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

Some of us are both old and gay

i grew up with lemonparty and so help me god if i'm not part of its sequel

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

oooh, chat logs! it's been a while since i've seen those! i put on my robe and wizard hat, haha!!

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

imagine being a registered goon for fifteen years and the only thing that offends you nowadays is someone else's pronouns

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

let the record show that lowtax did, in fact, touch a lot of people

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

when he was the one getting beat he took the easy way out, funny how the cycle repeats itself

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

verbal enema posted:

i have pink hair it owns

found the pink hair. lookin good!

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

I'm happy for you that you had a good experience with him and I wouldn't want to rob you of that, but personally you lost me at "not my loving problem."

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

this page has more text than all of the other pages combined

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

lol okay NOW this is a fitting tribute to lowtax

there goes the thread again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU