Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

I wish everyone who dies goes to hell no matter what.
whys this thread still open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

WHY CAN I STILL POST IN THIS THREAD

HOW IS IT *STILL* GOING

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

you know i just realized the very last word lowtax will ever have posted to something awful dot com is "retarded"

I just want everyone to be happy!

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

Hmm ok so heres where I stand with all this I guess.

So I never really something awfuled. My edgy teen years were on AOL and IRC and forums on fan websites for Ed Edd and Eddy. I'd come here periodically to view funny and interesting posts but that's about it. I don't get about 98% of the lore of this site because of that. Also gotta say, I've looked at some old articles from back in the day and I *really* don't get what people are talking about with all this comedy genius stuff. Maybe it's because in the future with the world actually on fire and the hell of capitalism becoming more invasive than ever, dry sardonic humor packs more of a punch now than it did then. Not saying things weren't just as bad back then, ofc, just that we've had more time to cut our teeth in an online world where its very easy to see what's wrong and very easy to know people who have been impacted by it.

Anyway my primary exposure to Lowtax and SA culture was gaming garbage. I ate that poo poo up. Him and Shmorky played off of each other in just the right way to be hilarious to me at the time (I still get the line "a whole city, full of crisses" popping into my head unbidden every time i read headlines about problems in specific cities.)

Then Shmorky being a pedo groomer came out and I was really sad to hear about it because I looked up to them as a queer NB person who came out of SA semi-popular.
*Then* the whole "Lowtax making a Schmorky suicide countdown stream with his child prominently featured" thing happened, along with the mass exodus/banning of a lot of LP-ers I liked after one of them mentioned it was messed up to involve your kid in that kind of thing and Lowtax flipped out on her. That's the point where I realized Lowtax was a probably a gross dude in general.
And then the whole wifebeating news broke and the dude got run out of his own website and I learned a lot more about the kind of guy he really was. Suffice to say I'm not gonna mourn him.

I do know that people are complicated and messy though, and even for someone like him, I don't think I would have wanted him to *die*, especially through suicide. Honestly people like him, serial abusers, what I want would be for them to grow and change and heal (while taking responsibility for their actions and being separated from any place of power or influence over people they can hurt). I doubt he had zero good in him worth preserving. I doubt he was irredeemable, even though the cost to redeem himself grew and grew as he continually chose not do to so. I view this suicide as a waste of life and potential more than anything. He could have done better. He should have done better.

I'm not going to pretend to understand the pain or anger or pettiness or whatever emotions he was feeling when he decided to do this. That's not for me or anyone else to know, as sad as that is to realize.

All we can really do, honestly, is to help the people he left behind. His friends, his family, his exes and victims, his children. And each other. Pick each other up so that we can come away from this better. We're all still here, and we all still have time left to preserve and grow the good in ourselves. So I guess that's where I stand with that.

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

Youre posting in a 257 page thread.

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

Yes, Lowtax beat wife now he dead

What are all the other words for

Posting

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

Munkeylord posted:

Took longer to edit the post than to reply didnt read. All your original words, first three then last. Nice

Is it weird that I'm thinking of posting regularly on SA now because I don't get enough people disrespecting me as a matter of course in my life?

Everyone I hang out with is too nice tbh. Sometimes I crave being told I'm boring. It's a nice change of pace. Makes me feel like I can trust you.

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

Your av is cool, kinda like a protogen but different

Thanks! Issa snake with robot parts.

Munkeylord posted:

Yikes! I have a whole box of red flags to share. Would you like some?

Oh my god I'd love some but I haven't unpacked the last twelve boxes I keep getting for some reason.

BeatSetRadio posted:

I might have missed a page or 10 but has Shmorky weighed in on all this death hullabaloo yet? Also, is GE Cafe dead too because they always looked close to death

I doubt they will. If they're still alive they've disappeared off the face of the internet, which really is the only correct thing anyone involved with that whole thing has ever done.

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

PM me your furry twitter handle

PM me yours first.

chernobyl kinsman posted:

im going to write a 900 word eulogy about my personal feelings for the website man i never met and then i'm going to repeatedly stab myself in the face

I know youve prolly skipped most of this thread, but a huge portion of it is long screeds nobody asked for. I figured I was putting it in the right place.

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

Bonaventure posted:

found Matthew Gault's account

I don't get paid enough to have a podcast.

fuctifino posted:

How much mouth semen is considered enough to be an acceptable memorial for a recently deceased loved one?

A good memorial should have enough people to cover for those that are too broken up to get hard.

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

You are correct. I did not say that.

Oh, well, you should, then.

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

it's not novel anymore but furries are still some of the most embarrassing poo poo I have ever seen.

Idea SA poster apparently:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

more like

loltax