Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

OMGVBFLOL posted:

god dammit you fuckers if you find yourself contemplating suicide call a friend and ask for help, or call your drat kids and tell em you love em, or get a fuckin therapist, or go to goddamn aa, or find jesus, or at least call the goddamn hotline and get the fuckin guns out of the house. i'm fuckin sick of losing people to hopelessness man

:smith:

I think the reason there's a horrible knot in my pit of my stomach is that in the end it seems like there was no-one he could call to ask for help. For all the mistakes he made and people he mistreated, he didn't deserve that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Boba Pearl posted:

When you kill yourself to spite your children, you can not in fact be redeemed. Death is kind of final like that.

We don't know why he did it. We are outsiders and strangers being granted a perverse window into other people's lives. You're inserting spite as the motivation. I'm sure there have been people that have killed themselves out of spite before but given everything we know about suicide ideation: loss, fear, shame, guilt, and hopelessness are by far the most likely motivators. Richard Kyanka was a man, not a monster.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

IIRC didn't you previously post that you have a partner of half a decade or something? I strongly suggest you go to them and ask for help right now. "Honey, I'm feeling really messed up right now and I'm doing things that I will later regret. Please help."

Turn off twitter, facebook, or anything else that lets you put yourself out into a public space.

I'm not judging you or criticizing you. Something terrible has happened and you're not dealing with it well.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

nvidiagouge posted:

You don't get the insurance if you off yourself even if he did.

I'm almost positive that's not true.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
How can someone with a pet crow be such a..oh I get it. The crow represents scavenging on corpses.