Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

happyhippy posted:

Posted earlier in the thread, but thought it was a fake joke story as didn't see any news articles on it elsewhere.
Now there is, well poo poo.

RIP man, even though you were an rear end at the end.

Came here for JeffK, stayed for the JeffK, where the gently caress is JeffK now.

I hear he is rebranding his company as 'Meta' or some poo poo.

As for newspaper articles? I have no idea why TheSun.uk is reporting on this. It's the sort of British tabloid that features Momo and Black Eyed Kids as front page stories (maybe it was The Star?).

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/celebrities/16707416/richard-lowtax-kyankas-ex-wife-megan-austin/

Why they are taking an interest just now is beyond me and now they are bringing one of his ex's into it. I read the article and it seems like someone clueless who just found out about SA and is trying to condense the entire history of the forums into several paragraphs.

"The company was bought by YOSPOS for an undisclosed amount."

Who is this mysterious YOSPOS organisation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Happy Hippo posted:

If I weren't a goon and I read that I would think that SA is still a frothing pit of ignorance and edgelordery

About half the internet still thinks we are; those who have heard of us anyway.

The other half wishes we still were.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So people were joking about the irony of EBaum outliving Lowtax; what's Ebaum - and his world - up to? Is the site even still around and if so is he still affiliated with it beyond the name?
I know Moot moved on to Google, because apparently creating a knock-off of a Japanese imageboard and then overseeing the rise of modern fascism qualifies you for a job with Google. And Maddox I think does podcast poo poo now?

I hadn't paid attention to Maddox since some time in the mid-late 2000's.

His name came up in some of the youtube channels I watch, once in a cameo for Big Money Salvia and then in a series of videos by Justin Whang.

He has crashed and burned like you wouldn't believe. I don't know all the details and honestly, I don't want to. Here, just look at the video descriptions, says it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=results

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Yeah let’s make sure the woman whose way of dealing with grief is harassing abuse victims and sending people unsolicited messages for posting charity links isn’t responded to meanly clearly that’s the hill to die on here .

Yeah, let's just lower and debase ourselves and fall down to their level.

Idiot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I haven't been keeping up.

I just wanted to point out that one of lowtax mad decrees back in the mid-late 2000's was to ban anyone using the word 'lulz'.

Well, I suppose he had a point - given the groups of people that used the term at the time. Bit of broken clock moment.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Mx. posted:

it was big on ED

I've got a confession to make. I spent about as much time browsing ED as I did lurking here back then. I'd like to use project chanology as my excuse but I know that doesn't cut it. All the ironic racism sort of left a bad taste in my mouth and it's pretty clear now that it was not 'ironic'.

Kiwifarms was basically started by ED users who thought a certain article didn't go in depth enough about a certain someone. A lot of people using ED turned out to be genuinely evil bastards.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Sex Robot posted:

What the gently caress, what did I miss jfc

Go to the lepers colony and look for futa snake.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I wonder how everyone who took part in this feels right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fFckkM5nnE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Bogus Adventure posted:

I would read the Comedy Goldmine articles, like Kids Say the Most Devastating Things.

That reminds me, I haven't seen one of those threads in a long time.

About 20 years ago, I was tending bar. There was a disabled guy there - he lost an arm and the other was severely mangled. A woman and a young girl came in to pick up some other guy.

"You lost your arm, haha!!"

You should have seen the look on her parents faces. I met her years later and she turned out to be a very pleasant young woman.