Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Dejan Bimble posted:

RIP Lowtax

About half of my closest friends in the world came as a result of his various bullshit. A hilarious guy who helped a lot of other really funny people have someplace to write.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Ganbare Gincun posted:

We sure did, someone even provided a Google Maps link from 2014 so we can gaze upon it forever.
I apologize for forgetting WHO posted this link, but once again, thank you!

OMFG rip Richard

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Wait, what do you think it means?

(I bet it involves authors.)

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Well, I'm not completely sure about it, but so far as I remember, it's a concept in literary criticism which dictates that only what's in the text can be used to judge an authors work.
Sometimes it gets applied by people trying to argue that the author is no more right about the interpretation of the work than is anyone else, but other times it gets used to divorce the author from their work in case it turns out the author is a right prick.

I think I was onto something there.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

If you think about it, on a long enough timeline, everyone's dead.

But does anyone truly live? That's what Lowtax was intimating through his life's work.

ED: Somebody get a pic of a tiny origami crane and superimpose "LOWTAX" on it.

Or a tiny origami goatse, I dunno

petit choux fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 14, 2021

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

If you think about it, on a long enough timeline, everyone's dead.

Which using deductive reasoning would indicate authors are in there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Front page? Front page of what?