Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

I already donated to the GFM but I'm still mad. I will raise my donation by :10bux: for each person who quotes this post and replies "im gay" in the next 30 minutes. One post per person and imma set a cap of like idk a few hundo bux because I'm not loving jeff bezos.

100% serious.

im gay

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Rynn posted:

During the 2016 election anyone who toxxed for Hillary was told by the mod team that they would just be probated instead since it was a lot of people and a crazy happening etc

Lowtax decided he wanted that cash and told the mod to ban them anyways. So I had to spend $20 to get everything back

So gently caress him I guess

this place would be better if all the politics posters were permabanned

and there would be fewer street shootings too

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

FilthyImp posted:

Eagerly waiting for Vice to post that he was the "Kurt Cobain of the Internet Generation"

ah gently caress, this will absolutely happen

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I wonder if you told 2006 Lowtax how 2021 Lowtax killed himself what he'd say.

lol

lmao

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

MOD EDIT: :goatsecx:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 11, 2021

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

Okay that actually made me jump a little.

and with sound:

MOD EDIT: :goatsecx:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Nov 11, 2021

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

rivetz posted:

Yeah truth be told I never found much of Lowtax's writing that funny, though I never said so out of general courtesy. Too much of it boiled down to endless riffs on "look how stupid [site/person/thing] is"; I've certainly composed my share of that stuff both here and elsewhere, but it's pretty low-hanging fruit imo. I don't find it inspiring to write and I'd rather compose fuckin Hallmark cards than have to crank it out daily like he did

I'm one of the oldest goons out there (turn 78 next month) and I'm not sure how to feel about this news. I met Lowtax three or four times over the years and he always seemed like a nice enough dude, so hearing about all this reprehensible behavior that's been disclosed over the last couple years has been dispiriting. It's always hard to weigh personal experiences vs poo poo you read online. My response has been pretty apathetic. Sucks he was an rear end in a top hat, thanks for the website, condolences to the family

how low do your balls hang

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Costello Jello posted:

It's pretty sad to see people falling all over each other ITT to try to out-insult each other about a suicidally depressed dead man with children who may read this some day. Especially when it's a bunch of unfunny FYAD-wannabe poo poo. Post-irony got old and boring 15 years ago but it's interesting to see the carcass still being kicked around here.

Anyway, thanks for the memories, SomethingAwful. Had some great times here back in the day. Good luck to everybody trying to make it through a tough world.
             \

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

Yeah I should have just done this lol

lol drat ninja

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

stab posted:

So how long before some creepy goon goes to his gravestone and posts about it

someone is going to post a selfie from the funeral

Adbot